Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,321,667 times

Advertisements

I agree. I don't really care about a lot of the side story lines they're adding now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:24 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,617,154 times
Another saying I think of...why "kill the goose that laid the golden egg"? Sometimes a show is great the first season, but they want more "main-stream" viewers. In their misguided attempts to make it better somehow, they can radically change the show and throw in too much extraneous s/l's that the fans aren't interested in, maybe add too many characters, etc. Harry's Law is one show that was killed off by misguided attempts to change it...they actually managed to take something new and different and make it BORING and too much like a bad copy of other shows. One reason I held on during the fall disaster on this show was the hope that they'd bring the Charming family back together and that Baelfire would come back. Don't know why I like Bae so much...but I just do. So now I'm onboard...unless they go back to tampering with the show too much again! I think the spinoff (if it happens) will be a big failure, like most spinoffs. For me, the Mad Hatter wasn't all that interesting!

Last edited by Lee W.; 02-23-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,241,332 times
I agree about Harry's Law. I really enjoyed that show, but then they went and changed it and it wasn't as good any more. I still miss it though.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 PM

17,651 posts, read 15,345,670 times
What I do now is fast-forward through all the side stories I don't care about. If there's a Rumple or Gold scene I watch. Ditto Belle and a few others including Emma. Once they head off into Hook territory or Cora or the Giant, I'm FFing to get beyond it. I simply don't care about the side stories.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,677,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
What I do now is fast-forward through all the side stories I don't care about. If there's a Rumple or Gold scene I watch. Ditto Belle and a few others including Emma. Once they head off into Hook territory or Cora or the Giant, I'm FFing to get beyond it. I simply don't care about the side stories.
I would do that but any scene with Cora probably includes Regina and I am pretty sure Lana Parilla is going to be the 3rd Mrs SabresFanInSA

Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,233,522 times
Tonight's show - Snow is geared up to kick a$$! Finally!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,331,173 times
The little girl who plays Snow as a child is an amazing. I am not usually impressed by child actors but she is really good. And every time I see her I am impressed by the resemblance to the adult Snow.

Sorry to see Johanna killed off.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,765,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The little girl who plays Snow as a child is an amazing. I am not usually impressed by child actors but she is really good. And every time I see her I am impressed by the resemblance to the adult Snow.

Sorry to see Johanna killed off.
The first time I saw her playing a young Snow, I thought they had done some sort of CGI photoshopping to make her look like a young Ginnifer Goodwin. The resemblance is so remarkable it's creepy. She's a good actress, though.

Too bad for Mrs. Padmore (Johanna). It was pretty obvious they were going to kill her anyway. At least we know she won't be leaving the Abbey for a full time OUAT gig!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,617,154 times
We've seen "dark" Snow before...after she resorted to magic in FTL, which made her go to the dark side! I loved this epi, but thought at the moment that Rumple was making a big mistake giving away the location of his dagger...and I was SO right! Hated the scenes with Cora and Regina...I knew Cora would never keep her bargain...after all, she's never had any scruples before, why should she now? Personally, I wouldn't have given the dagger up! But that's me. Loved the scenes with little Snow and her mother and housekeeper! I DID, however, wonder where the king was? Was the actor unavailable? Oh...so there's a kink in my plan to reunite Emma and her true love, Baelfire? Well, it'll all work out eventually! Emma looked SO disappointed!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,089,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
The first time I saw her playing a young Snow, I thought they had done some sort of CGI photoshopping to make her look like a young Ginnifer Goodwin. The resemblance is so remarkable it's creepy. She's a good actress, though.

Too bad for Mrs. Padmore (Johanna). It was pretty obvious they were going to kill her anyway. At least we know she won't be leaving the Abbey for a full time OUAT gig!

I too was struck at young Snow's acting. She does a great job of reflecting Ginnifer Goodwin's mannerisms. I wonder if they have Ginnifer act out the scenes and then have the young actor mimick her? I just can't imagine that an actor that young would be intuitive enough to pick up on it herself.

Yeah, pretty much when they introduce a minor character just for one episode, you know the character is lined up to die. Isn't that called Red Shirt Syndrome or something like that, from Star Trek?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV