U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,066,953 times

Advertisements

Anyone watch the pilot episode? What did you think? I absolutely love concepts like this. It'll be interesting to see how it develops! It sure beats the tired old run-of-the-mill cop/hospital/reality/moronic comedy shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM

5,290 posts, read 6,662,721 times
Default Once upon a time ABC

Just watched this and love it. Of course I'm a big fan of Labrnyth, Never Ending Story, and Merlin type fantasy shows so this is right up my alley.
Thoughts?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,508,296 times
Where did you see it? I thought the premiere was this coming Sunday

Last edited by NMNan; 10-21-2011 at 08:26 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM

5,602 posts, read 7,523,188 times
I'll pass on this one. Grimm on NBC looks better. Just going by the previews.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 PM

5,290 posts, read 6,662,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
My kid downloaded it to the xbox (I think, I'm sort of a technophobe). It's not out yet? How can the shows be up for download if they haven't even been broadcast yet?
Errr, ummm, guess it will be better to discuss it after more people have seen it.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 PM

4,151 posts, read 5,262,258 times
I will check it out. I like medieval fantasy type stories so why not give it a whirl? Beats watching yet another reality show.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 AM

13,482 posts, read 8,047,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Just watched this and love it. Of course I'm a big fan of Labrnyth, Never Ending Story, and Merlin type fantasy shows so this is right up my alley.
Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
My kid downloaded it to the xbox (I think, I'm sort of a technophobe). It's not out yet? How can the shows be up for download if they haven't even been broadcast yet?
Errr, ummm, guess it will be better to discuss it after more people have seen it.

LOL, it doesn't premiere until tomorrow night, Dubble. I shall be watching.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,508,296 times
I went searching around after I read this post last night. The pilot episode is available already from Amazon Instant Video Amazon.com: Once Upon a Time: Season 1, Episode 1 "Pilot": Amazon Instant Video
I was tempted, but I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to watch it I'll be back to this thread when I do!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM

562 posts, read 680,709 times
Maybe you can find it in some places. Maybe they want to make a big buzz and have people come start a thread on a forum saying it was wonderful so that they get good ratings on the premiere and stick around for episode number 2!!!

I might watch it. I tend to roll my eyes when I see the commercial for it, but I might actually end up liking it.

If you like Merlin type of stuff and Once Upon a Time, have you ever seen "The 10th Kingdom"? I bet you'd like it. I loved it! It was a made for TV Movie on NBC years ago. (2000. 7 1-hour episodes) I have it on DVD. "Al Bundie" was in it. And someone else recognizable that I don't know his name (plays the main characters dad).

Ok, here's the cast: Kimberly Williams, Scott Cohen, Ed O'Neill, John Larroquette, Daniel Lapaine, Dianne Wiest, Ann-Margret.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,066,953 times
I haven't owned a TV in over 10 years. I hate most of television and I hate ALL of the advertising, biased and lying news and political garbage. I allow myself two shows to watch online, where I can watch them commercial-free. (If you want to know where I watch shows, send me a private message, not a public one, and I'll send you the link. ) One is Castle and the other was going to be Terra Nova, but I'm giving that up for Once Upon a Time. (I only allow myself two because I don't like to be glued to, or addicted to, having to watch TV shows.)

Once Upon a Time has a really, really fun concept and I'm excited to see how this will work out at a TV series, instead of a movie or mini-series. All of the actors are great and the writing makes you care about, or hate, them pretty well. (Unlike Terra Nova.) I'm not a fan of Robert Carlyle, but, I can overlook that. I really like the little boy. He makes you want to cheer for him! As for Emma, I wasn't expecting much when she showed up on her date but I love how she pulled off going from being an innocent "date" to a tough woman who can handle difficult situations. And, later on, we got to see her vulnerable side. She's a well-rounded character and easy to care about.

The only trouble I had was catching onto the fact that Snow White was also the school teacher! That was a very drastic hair cut that severely changed the way she looked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV