Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 08:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,044,561 times

Advertisements

Everyone is scared of the Grimm because they killed the Wesen.
YES - Wesen can kill Grimm. It was mentioned in previous episodes.
There don't appear to be too many Grimm who don't kill Wesen.
We haven't seen any evidence that the Grimm have any special powers except that they can see Wesen when others can't - but I'm sure that we'll find out later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 AM

7,361 posts, read 5,475,457 times
I liked last nights episode and am glad Rosalie and Monroe are getting a storyline of their own.

I wish they would move on with Adalind and her pregnancy, it seems like she's been pregnant forever. And what will happen when she finally gives birth with the royal family and the gypsy's.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,208,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
We haven't seen any evidence that the Grimm have any special powers except that they can see Wesen when others can't - but I'm sure that we'll find out later.
Yes but there haven't been any real details or exploration of these topics. We know a few facts, barely. And apparently Nick can see Wesen - when they turn - but know so can Juliette, Hank and even civilians who don't know Wesen so that's hardly a special power.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:05 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,822,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
...apparently Nick can see Wesen - when they turn - but know so can Juliette, Hank and even civilians who don't know Wesen so that's hardly a special power.
Wesens have two levels of change. The first level they can see each other. The Grimm can see this but humans can't. The second level is when they are fully involved and doing some monster stuff. Humans can see them in this state, and if they survive, can describe what they saw.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,137,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Yes but there haven't been any real details or exploration of these topics. We know a few facts, barely. And apparently Nick can see Wesen - when they turn - but know so can Juliette, Hank and even civilians who don't know Wesen so that's hardly a special power.
Nick sees Wesen even if they DON'T change! That's what makes him a Grimm.

Juliette and Hank can't see them and only know when Nick lets them know.

The entire story line is how Grimm slaughtered every Wesen they encountered. Even Nick's mother is/was that way. Now, there is a special Grimm who tries to get along with the good ones and only kills them when they give him no choice. If possible, they go to jail for any crimes they commit. We already see that more Wesen look favorably upon Nick and have spread the word about him.

His new-found power is interesting and makes one wonder if it's all in preparation for a super-conflict the story is leading up to - possibly about the Royals, many of whom want Nick dead.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the series and find the actors to be doing a great job. Never saw or heard of any of them before but will watch for them in the future.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,242,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Nick isn't exactly the normal Grimm anymore. And he just seems to shurg off the odd things like how he doesn't sweat and the blood pressure thing, so what else is waiting to surprise he and those around him? In a sense, he's growing more like the Wessen he's supposed to hunt. I wonder if among the Grimm if they used to take out the ones who didn't behave.

And then there is that question from the Captain. He was horified that he'd killed a human. But then Wessen.... There are a lot of very fundamental things said among the mahem and cop stuff and neat new creatured about the basics of how we compromise with outselves.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,135,301 times
Well ... I think that while intriguing, the Captain's question to Nick was a bit unfair. It's not as if he just blithely kills the Wesen he comes across, as his ancestors did. They're in more of a self-defense, or a justifiable homicide, situation. I think the guy in the bar bothered him, because it wasn't (to his knowledge) that case. It was just an aggressive move on his part.

As for Hank and Juliet ... no, they don't see the Wesen. Not unless they want to be seen. But I'd guess that they do, or are beginning to, pick up on Nick's reaction to them. That has to be there, some sort of recognition, because that's how the Wesen know he's a Grimm. Because they don't always know ... it's not automatic.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:36 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,063,786 times
I think Monroe and Rosalee are so cute together and I think they add an interesting twist to the Grimm show . I also like Juliette and Nick too . I wish Hank would find a love interest because every woman he gets involved with turns out to be wrong LOL .

Old 01-18-2014, 05:39 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,640,721 times
I'm also tired of the whole Adalind s/l. Ugh! All grimms acquire special abilities when they officially become a grimm. They're stronger, fight better and can often recognize the wesens, which humans normally don't. Nick didn't see them until his aunt was going to die soon. Now he has "extra" powers he acquired in the zombie episodes. The grimm mythology is kind of vague, maybe because they haven't yet filled out the iffy parts. There were grimm knights of old, who worked for the human royals, fighting for them and to control the wesen, which often were troublesome, as you can imagine. Now the grimms themselves seem to be targeted by the royals, who sometimes use wesen against them. Guess it might have to do with those keys that the royals want so bad...the ones that will allow them to take over the world...or something like that. Loved the part about Rosalee's family and more about her past. The sister threatening Monroe...hilarious!

Old 01-18-2014, 07:14 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,242,625 times
I'm wondering if, since Nick already has singled himself out as a Grimm who doesn't dispatch on sight, if his newer changes show if the Royals or some other layer that keeps Grimms in line will begin to notice and act. Would they begin to see him as a rogue to be cleaned up?

His utterly nonchelant attitude about the physological changes might come back to bite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV