Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
I too am happy that Alinda is back! I want to like Juliette. I really, really do, but something about her doesn't fit. Nick and Juliette have the weakest chemistry of every other pairing on the show, Rosalee and Monroe (love him!!), Nick and Monroe, Nick and Hank, Wu and whomever. I wouldn't be sad to see them break up or her to leave the show completely. I think she was miscast and the way she plays the role hasn't helped, even when she had her memory last season. Everyone else on the show nails it every single episode and she doesn't even come close.
I kind of think so too. When Rosalee came on the show, Juliette seemed even weaker to me. Maybe it's just that they don't give her a whole lot to do. I find myself hoping they will build up her role a bit. I agree she needs to be stronger.

I also felt Nick was a little weak in the beginning, maybe a bit too innocent but I think he is getting stronger now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
I agree with you all about Juliette, she's never been one of my favorits, I just feel bad for Nick and don't enjoy seeing him suffer. I'll get over it. I used to wish they would get rid of, some how, some way, Juliette, I do find her as annoying more so than I find the Alinda character to be. But, I am happy to deal with those annoyances as long as they keep Monroe and some of the other regulars around.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,120,686 times
Isn't the 'ex' witch named Adalind Schade? Are we discussing the same character when Alinda is referenced? If we are I cannot stand the woman!

I, too think that Juliette is a dull character. I wish that Nick would find a woman that has a stronger personality.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Isn't the 'ex' witch named Adalind Schade? Are we discussing the same character when Alinda is referenced? If we are I cannot stand the woman!

I, too think that Juliette is a dull character. I wish that Nick would find a woman that has a stronger personality.
Yes, but I was going with the flow, since I can barely remember my own name, Alinda sounded just dandy to me. Thanks for the correction.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,120,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Yes, but I was going with the flow, since I can barely remember my own name, Alinda sounded just dandy to me. Thanks for the correction.
I just wanted to know if I was thinking about the same character- I tend to get characters messed up because I am blind so I cannot rely on sight and sometimes I 'forget' the voices of all of the characters. It really helps if I can track characters by name!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,076 times
Grrrrr...have to catch this episode on demand. The local NBC affiliate had "breaking news" just five minutes into the show! Then they kept a graphic with rolling info on the screen for almost the entire show. It was so distracting!

Old 10-20-2012, 04:20 PM

313 posts, read 401,989 times
I don't care for Juliette either, never did. Not the character, which I agree with you guys is weak, and not the actress either. Something about her pouty lips just creeps me out. I know, not her fault, but it just really makes me not want to look at her.

I'd be very happy if they'd just dump her so Nick would have a chance to be happy again but with someone else.

I am loving how Hank is really embracing the whole Grimm concept. Was it me, or was the Capt looking particularly handsome in this last episode? He's really hot. Although it's driving me crazy I think it's a great plot point to have some ambiguity about his intentions toward the Grimm.

I really enjoy this show. Monroe is my favorite character by far. Wu's funny too especially in the last episode with the Capt at the awards dinner. Cute!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,003 times
For those living in the Portland area, they showed the Grimm trailer one of the few times they do in the daylight. There were a lot of freeway overpasses in the background and it looked like it was filmed right at an industrial yard the southern intersection of I-5 and I-405.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
For those living in the Portland area, they showed the Grimm trailer one of the few times they do in the daylight. There were a lot of freeway overpasses in the background and it looked like it was filmed right at an industrial yard the southern intersection of I-5 and I-405.
I have been trying to figure out where it was parked. A friend and I were going to do a search. We couldn't figure it out. I'll have to tell her.

I previously posted on a thread that got bumped off that I saw the opening season show being filmed at the First Presbyterian Church downtown on the corner of 12th and Morrison. Beautiful church. It's fun when you can recognized places where a TV show or movie had been shot.

Zell's Cafe sure got a lot of publicity in the last episode.

Next week's Halloween episode previews look great. I wonder where that was filmed.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
The Halloween episode is being filmed in Kelley Point Park, off Marine Drive. I agree with Sasha Roiz, allergies were very bad here this year.
Clip:
"Welcome to the most allergy-infested field in Oregon," says Sasha Roiz, as he stands in an open area of Kelley Point Park, off North Marine Drive. It's a warm September day, and the air is full of tiny objects -- insects, organic matter and various substances apparently floating down from the tall trees above.

On location with 'Grimm,' filming the Halloween episode, 'La Llorona' | OregonLive.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV