U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:01 PM

8,284 posts, read 3,589,528 times
Default Anyone Else Notice There Is Like Zero Halloween Programming This Year???

Is it Halloween? If so, I sure couldn't tell by looking at the TV listing over the weekend and on Monday.....

The programming that is on sucks to put it bluntly.....

They didn't even have the shrek halloween special on any of the networks this year, infact, I think there was absolutely no recognition of Halloween by any of the networks this year.

AMC has the micheal myers movies on as usual, but even it's programming seems to be lacking. CHILLER isn't much better.

Comedy Central usualy has "Scary Movie" on don't they? Unless it was on last night I dont think they had that this year either!

What's going on? Anyone else notice this? Is there some kind of boycott I don't know about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 01:55 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,158,556 times
Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin was on last week. There was also a Scary Movie marathon on last week. You already mentioned the Halloween marathon on AMC. Tonight is Simpson's Treehouse of Terror. ABC Family usually has their week of Halloween programming. I usually do my Halloween viewing on Netflix by watching a ton of B movie horror movies leading up to and on Halloween.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM

5,423 posts, read 5,747,252 times
Some of the cable channels have been running zombie/scary movie marathons. SyFy, some others.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 PM

885 posts, read 757,637 times
I'm seeing all sorts of Halloween shows/movies on. Been watching them for two days.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM

4,294 posts, read 3,441,717 times
Sure there is, haven't you seen the Rosie o'donnell show? Nothing more frightening than that.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,744,273 times
I agree with the OP. I'm a HUGE Halloween fan and really look forward to all the programs leading up to & on Halloween and althoughbthere are a few shows/movies, it's nothing compared to how it usually is. I was just noticing it all this week. I love History Channel, NCG, & A&E, those networks usually run alot of stuff about the holiday, the true story behind The Exorcist, stuff like that. Plus, you can usually find alot of horror movies besides just Halloween. Not this year at all. Oh well, it's hard to get into any seasons where I live anyway, I've never seen a leaf change color, much less seen leaves fall off.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM

866 posts, read 459,443 times
With all the channels we have with Direct TV we have just the opposite problem from the OP...
All we are finding is scary movies, or movies about witches etc.
Hocus Pocus was on last night, Hallmark channel has been running an endless loop of The Good Witch,etc,etc.
Big Bang Theory had halloween theme on Thursday's new episode.
And some of the really creepy horror shows are on as well.
I'll be so glad when this month is over...I'm not interested in the evil crap thats out there.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 PM

595 posts, read 596,857 times
Halloween falls within November sweeps this year. The networks won't bump regular Monday night programming for the Great Pumpkin.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 PM

8,284 posts, read 3,589,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
With all the channels we have with Direct TV we have just the opposite problem from the OP...
All we are finding is scary movies, or movies about witches etc.
Hocus Pocus was on last night, Hallmark channel has been running an endless loop of The Good Witch,etc,etc.
Big Bang Theory had halloween theme on Thursday's new episode.
And some of the really creepy horror shows are on as well.
I'll be so glad when this month is over...I'm not interested in the evil crap thats out there.
Really? Clue me in because I'm on Direct and can't find squat! Granted, there are alot of dumb ones on but none of the really good one's. Maybe I'm just too picky idk.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 PM

13,370 posts, read 9,825,028 times
There have been and are going to be lots of Halloween type movies on where I am. Every night. Also "The Simpsons" have been showing reruns of their "Tree House of Horror Series."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV