Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:45 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times

Advertisements

I too thought he was going to die once the railroad was complete. After all it made sense.... he accomplished his goal and didn't really have anything left. But I don't know.... I was kind of surprised that he did all of that work just for Durant to claim victory. It was refreshing to see Psalms and his crew break off of Durant's job to help Bohannon's team and the CP win the race. There is a lot of respect for Bohannon amongst the crew on both sides. I think they know his real focus has been completing that railroad. He even admitted that the cost of the railroad was too high which showed me that despite his tough exterior, he cared about all of the people that worked for him. He was on the front line driving spikes unlike Durant, which goes to show that he didn't think of himself as better than anyone else.

I'm still leaning towards someone trying to kill him off. I was a bit surprised that inspectors needed to check the railroad, so there is a glimmer of possibility (doubtful, but a glimmer) that they could make a feeble attempt to salvage the show with needing to go back and fix sections of track. But at this point it's ran its course, so the show is likely going to end next week.

I'm curious as to the way it ends though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 09:39 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
His problem, the nearest AA meeting is in the future.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:20 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
after last nights episode I'm not sure what is going on now because of him falling in the floor .
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I thought that was a coronary but maybe just grief over lost love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
Yeah, I saw it as grief for all that he's lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Well the promo monkey for the finale makes you discount many possibilities. You can't even turn the channel before the credits roll to avoid spoilers
Bohannon probably has cirrhosis of his liver....

Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Well, this next to the last issue showed what the series could have been -- connected more realistically with history, while still telling the stories of the various fictional and semi-fictional characters. And, if my remembrance of history is not faulty, I seem to recall that near the end the 2 railroads actually built track right past each other.

As far as what happened to Bohannon at the end of the episode...I don't think it was a heart attack (although it seemed that way at first), I think it was just a panic attack while drunk. One of the things that disappointed me about this final short season is that Bohannon was (past tense) just about the only really good guy in the story line. Now even he's not at all noble. If I know then what I know now about the course of this show, I might not have begun watching it.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:33 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, this next to the last issue showed what the series could have been -- connected more realistically with history, while still telling the stories of the various fictional and semi-fictional characters. And, if my remembrance of history is not faulty, I seem to recall that near the end the 2 railroads actually built track right past each other.

As far as what happened to Bohannon at the end of the episode...I don't think it was a heart attack (although it seemed that way at first), I think it was just a panic attack while drunk. One of the things that disappointed me about this final short season is that Bohannon was (past tense) just about the only really good guy in the story line. Now even he's not at all noble. If I know then what I know now about the course of this show, I might not have begun watching it.
Agree with your conclusions phetaroi.

The beginning of this series was good entertainment. The end has become depressing.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:53 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
I don't know that I'd say he isn't noble as much as he just appears to be lost and trying to survive. Those were tough times, and a lot of people made bad decisions. I'd definitely say he is the lesser of the evils on the show though.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
When Bohannon fell to the floor I saw the collapse as exhaustion both physical but mostly mental. When you think about the highs and lows of his life, the pain he has endured and dealt out, the people he has lost, the people he has killed.

Driving that final spike was the end of a chapter in his life and I think he looked back at what it took to reach that point and wondered if it was all worth it.

He was overwhelmed by the sorrow but if I know Bohannon he will sober up and move on.

The character of Bohannon reminds me of another guy from a popular TV show, Rick on the Walking Dead. It seems whenever someone gets close to either of these guys they die.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Default The Final Chapter 7/23/16

They did a good job on the last chapter. Don't want to spoil it for anybody so won't say more.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:39 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times
I thought that Bohannon was going to become a Yankee officer. At least, he didn't die. He went after his love.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I thought that Bohannon was going to become a Yankee officer. At least, he didn't die. He went after his love.
He did accept the commission, only he ran into Custer with his rather fight than love speech before the change of command for the 4th Cavalry and having being told of forgiveness from the first murder of the series in the Catholic Church confessional he sails off into the sunset while Eva literally rode off into the sunset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV