Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
I looked for a thread started on this show & came up empty, so hope this wont be a copy.

Has anyone seen this show on Animal Planet? If not and you like Billy the Exterminator, you have got to see this guy called Turtle Man. He lives in Kentucky, and what a character! I think its new, or at least it is too me. It comes on again, same 2 episodes I saw, tomorrow night. You wont believe this guys "mouse trap" lol.. .. If you watch this show, I guarantee you'll laugh yourself silly.
I don't watch most of the animal shows, because I can't stand to see them hurt, but I LOVE THE TURTLE MAN! The message is respect for wildlife and if we really are smarter, we don't need to kill them.
I sat thru about five episodes lastnight. He is awesome. This bunch of guys are a lot smarter than they portray. They have some behind the scenes at animal planet/wildman, which I'll look at today.
Kentucky sure is beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Yes, I also watched like 4 or 5 episodes in a row last night. What amazes me is him grabbing skunks. If you have ever been really close to where a skunk has sprayed you know it about makes you ill, it is so overpowering. Also coyotes, they are not something to mess with. He grabs everything with his hands, who does that? Amazing.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:25 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Yes, I also watched like 4 or 5 episodes in a row last night. What amazes me is him grabbing skunks. If you have ever been really close to where a skunk has sprayed you know it about makes you ill, it is so overpowering. Also coyotes, they are not something to mess with. He grabs everything with his hands, who does that? Amazing.
I missed the coyote, I want to see that. I also want to see his mouse trap, they talked about it, but I didn't get to see it. I don't want to hurt the mice, but I would like to find a better way of dealing with them than what I have been doing, which isn't all that effective. I use scents that make them go away for awhile, but they come back. I think someone said he used a snake.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I missed the coyote, I want to see that. I also want to see his mouse trap, they talked about it, but I didn't get to see it. I don't want to hurt the mice, but I would like to find a better way of dealing with them than what I have been doing, which isn't all that effective. I use scents that make them go away for awhile, but they come back. I think someone said he used a snake.
I have seen him catch 2 coyotes on 2 different shows.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I watched two episodes, never will watch again.

This is the dumbest show I have ever seen.
Grab whatever it is and stuff it in a sack making some stupid redneck noises.
That's about all it is.
The dog "Lolly" is the best one on the show.

Out of all of these types of shows, this one is the absolute worst.

I feel sorry for the people of Kentucky.
the things you seem to hate is what I find appealing ,just to watch some dumb hillbilly jump into a cow crap pond and not think a thing about it is weird and funny, lighten up turtleman has no limits on what or where he will go and do the world needs more people like the TURTLE MAN! yee yee yee yee yahoo live action

Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default I love it!

I love this show and try to catch every episode when my scheduled allows. What I've noticed lately is "enhanced" episodes. I'm not sure how long they've been showing the "enhanced" episodes but it seems to have just popped up lately. If I understand it correctly, this means the episodes are staged. I certainly don't want that to happen because it will change the natural character and enjoyment of the show. It's good clean, fun entertainment. I really like all the named characters that I'm familiar with: Ernie, Neal, Lolly, Squirrel, and the Wildman's mom! I think the more the show becomes enhanced (faked or staged) the less likeable the show will be. It's going to ruin the show. Does anyone else here still watch and enjoy it?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 AM

I thought the "enhanced" episodes were where they showed tweets at the bottom of the page and they showed previously unseen parts. The enhanced episodes are usually always repeats so people have seen then before, but the enhanced episodes have parts that are extended and previously unseen.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,376,331 times
the call of the Wildman isn't in my top ten shows ....but I enjoy watching this guy

Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
I like the "hootiness" of the show. It's good clean fun. I'm a regular viewer. I haven't seen Shelby, but I'll look for his show, too.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Love the show. Turtleman rocks. Then there's Turtlemom and on the "bigger jobs" he has to call in Team Turtle. I liked the episode where he punctured a hole in the floor and was showered in rats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV