Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,585,459 times

Advertisements

Definitely looked like Mark was the main cause of that fumble. It also did look like the kind of thing that would wonk a back out. Like you guys said, though, it sure didn't look that way tonight with all the jumping around in heels - and arching backward in heels. Hmmm.

Spoiler
I hope either Katherine or Donald win.

BTW, thanks Cinebar for that link! I did watch just the dances at abc but it's good to know about that other site - the full episode wasn't up yet at abc and I don't get hulu plus so can't watch them there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,179,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Whoa!!!

Looked to me, and I replayed it @ least 10 times, that Mark tripped over Katherine.

Like Tom said, "grassy knoll" indeed.
Woo hoo thanks for investigating for us Sweetie.

Yep Tom was spot on as usual.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,414,293 times
I wouldnt fault Mark for wanting to win, especially over Derek. Remember, they lived together for something like 7-8 years when Mark's parents were teaching Derek and his sister. Derek and Mark have both said they're more like brothers than friends. I'm sure that includes sibling rivalry.

And Mark isnt making Katherine do anything she doesnt want to do. I'll bet it's a toss-up as to which of them (Mark or Katherine) wants the win more. After last night's "injury" and the miraculous "recovery" tonight, I hope Katherine is the first one eliminated next Tuesday. I know that's childish but it's the way I feel.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Gee Katherine sure didn't jump up & down like somebody with their back hurt so badly less than 24 hours ago.
It's called GOOD MEDICATION. It's the SAME THING that allowed Derek to dance last night with a back injury, Maria to continue the season with a whole slue of injuries, and football players to keep right on playing when they would otherwise be bedridden.

Nothing "mysterious" about it.

Ken

Old 05-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Definitely looked like Mark was the main cause of that fumble. It also did look like the kind of thing that would wonk a back out. Like you guys said, though, it sure didn't look that way tonight with all the jumping around in heels - and arching backward in heels. Hmmm.
Again, medication can do wonders. That was something she WASN'T on last night - THAT'S the difference. As I said, pro sports players (and even college players) play ALL THE TIME with what should be totally crippling pain and dangerous injuries. In fact, there's a well-publicized lawsuit against the NFL right filed by several hundred former NFL players contending that they were simply medicated then sent back into play when they had in fact suffered dangerous concussions. As I said, medication can "temporarily" make you feel fine - that doesn't mean you DON'T have an injury.

You can absolutely count on the fact that Katherine given some VERY powerful painkiller.

Ken

Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,414,293 times
What do you say about Katherine's response tonight when, after her jubilant jumping around, Tom said he didnt see any signs of a back injury then. She sheepishly hung her head and said that she'd forgotten about her back...and, oh, it was starting to hurt again.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,310,567 times
What is so cool about the finals for me is the fact that I like all three pairs of dancers. That has not happened in years. I'll be happy with whomever wins but I'd be happiest if it is Katherine.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
What do you say about Katherine's response tonight when, after her jubilant jumping around, Tom said he didnt see any signs of a back injury then. She sheepishly hung her head and said that she'd forgotten about her back...and, oh, it was starting to hurt again.
Haven't seen it yet, but as I said, painkillers can do wonders - especially when you are DISTRACTED as well. I know that when I hurt my back - which has happened on numerous occasions (sometimes when I didn't do anything that you would think would cause a problem) when I'm doing something else (such as watching a funny movie) I don't think about the pain and so it doesn't hurt as much. When I think about it, THEN I feel the pain. Nothing "strange" about that - it's a well documented phenomenon with much written about it.

One of MANY articles about that:

Distraction beats attention at easing kids’ pain (05/26/06)

Ken

Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Mark admitted tonight it was his fault with his leg out of sync. Replays shoed that to be true. Katherine as well as Maria and others in the past get pain killer injections. With those injections you feel nothing so you can act like normal. I've had them myself. Maria sprained both her legs this season and I believe her back. She's had injections to keep her going. This same scenario has happened in nearly all the past seasons. Unless they break a bone completely they all get medicated and come back.

I'm happy Katherine will be back, she's my favorite, and yes all were excellent dancers in these finals. I did hope Maria wouldake it to be a finalist, she turned into excellent dancer.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
I would give the mirrorball to any of the four competing this week. They were all wonderful and most important of all, NONE started out as dancers of some other kind. I'm so glad they stopped that.

During the show I thought about how some of the early winners and contestants would just not make it anymore. They simply never challenged themselves enough. I wonder if the first two season's dances would still 'pass' to a lot of the public over the last couple of times. Yes, they now take dancing lessons first, and if they just aren't getting it they don't embaress themselves. A plus for the audience. But part of it, I think is that without the semipro competition there is reason to see how good you can get.

Tonight...

Brooke in Durass sister dress, aka Klingon 'peek'. Ugh. That dress was UGLY (which I think was intentional) and she needed a bathlet to carry around to complete the show.

Lots of Tristan. Message to ABC. Give Tristan a really GOOD partner next time.

As for the one eliminated, it was sorry. She/he was good. Thing is with all of them good its hard to decide.

So, what 'rules' about this All Stars would you use to pick? No semi-pros?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV