Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Mark admitted tonight it was his fault with his leg out of sync. Replays shoed that to be true. Katherine as well as Maria and others in the past get pain killer injections. With those injections you feel nothing so you can act like normal. I've had them myself. Maria sprained both her legs this season and I believe her back. She's had injections to keep her going. This same scenario has happened in nearly all the past seasons. Unless they break a bone completely they all get medicated and come back.

I'm happy Katherine will be back, she's my favorite, and yes all were excellent dancers in these finals. I did hope Maria wouldake it to be a finalist, she turned into excellent dancer.
I have to say that though I favor Katherine, the truth is I really didn't want ANY of these REALLY TALENTED dancers to go home. Without a doubt this was the BEST "Final Four" EVER on the show and they ALL deserved to win.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
What do you say about Katherine's response tonight when, after her jubilant jumping around, Tom said he didnt see any signs of a back injury then. She sheepishly hung her head and said that she'd forgotten about her back...and, oh, it was starting to hurt again.
OK, NOW that I've SEEN that part of the show I can further add to my response. This is what she said:

"It's something I'll just power through ...And actually, jumping up and down now I think I hit it again. I was so excited I forgot about it."

All of which is consistant with what I wrote earlier. She no doubt KNOWS she injured herself again but likely is not FEELING too much pain at the moment.

Ken

Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Nightbird, I can't stand that dress on Brooke, either - pretty sure they recycled that one so maybe it's one of her favorites. The most awkward Brooke moment for me last night was when she was so insistent and almost petulant when Donald and Peeta didn't respond how she wanted them to when she kept saying they were in danger of being eliminated.

I'm not so convinced that Katherine has a serious back injury and is on heavy duty meds. She's not an athlete or even a tomboy like Maria. She also described the original pain as a twinge. My guess is that she had a minor back twinge along with major humiliation and confusion over that stumble. Even Mark seemed sincerely confused about it - immediately after and after reviewing the tape multiple times. It's not likely any of us will ever know for sure - all we can do is speculate.

I'm glad Katherine didn't go home last night and, as much as I like Donald, she seems to be the best dancer so I'd be happy if she or Donald won. I wonder if Maria's hyper-sexuality backfired on her. She's the one who seemed like she was on something to me! It was too bad to see her go, though, I really enjoyed watching some of their dances.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ok, I just went and checked and the only thing I can figure is that you clicked on the ProAccount option? I can't be sure because I have never clicked on it (and probably never will) - I click on the box that says: "Close Ad and Watch as Free User." That then takes me to a box that says: "Start Video Now."

I've never had any problems whatsoever.
Thanks, Cinebar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamom1 View Post
I'm sure this won't be a popular comment, but I'm so sick of Derek getting good dancers. I used to like him but now I think he is so full of himself and I'd like to see him voted off. Yes he is a good choreographer but I'm sick of him and how the judges swoon all over him. I'd like to see some of the other dancers get partnered up with good celebrities and see him get someone like Cloris Leachman.
I am sick of Derek also, mamom. Last night showed the audience is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
What do you say about Katherine's response tonight when, after her jubilant jumping around, Tom said he didnt see any signs of a back injury then. She sheepishly hung her head and said that she'd forgotten about her back...and, oh, it was starting to hurt again.
I can tell you from personal experience that when I am on my steroids for my MS, (not real pain killers) that I can do any and everything I am not able to do when I am not on them, tfw, so I side with Katherine in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Mark admitted tonight it was his fault with his leg out of sync. Replays shoed that to be true. Katherine as well as Maria and others in the past get pain killer injections. With those injections you feel nothing so you can act like normal. I've had them myself. Maria sprained both her legs this season and I believe her back. She's had injections to keep her going. This same scenario has happened in nearly all the past seasons. Unless they break a bone completely they all get medicated and come back.

I'm happy Katherine will be back, she's my favorite, and yes all were excellent dancers in these finals. I did hope Maria wouldake it to be a finalist, she turned into excellent dancer.
No he didn't, nit! He avoided and evaded all responsibility for it and it was clearly his fault. He also said he doesn't remember it when being pushed by Brooke up in the skybox. My opinion of him has certainly changed after hearing last night.

I am happy with the results of last night's show. Go Donald!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Maria was my favorite over Katherine. Katherine seems so fragile. Maria was a little tougher. My favs to win are of course either Katherine or William.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
Shocked that Chelsie's nip slip was not blurred out on the results show (during the practice clip with Tristan).

Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM

7 posts, read 8,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
As I like all of the final four stars, and any of them taking home the mirrorball would be fine with me - I'm now rooting for the professionals - Peta has not had a winner yet, right? Go Peta!!!
She could win with Donald. As a red-blooded male I'm rooting for Katherine but I would not be too disappointed if Peta and Donald won. It's just too bad all four couldn't share the trophy. In light of the tremendous performances this season that would have been the fairest thing to do.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmando View Post
She could win with Donald. As a red-blooded male I'm rooting for Katherine but I would not be too disappointed if Peta and Donald won. It's just too bad all four couldn't share the trophy. In light of the tremendous performances this season that would have been the fairest thing to do.
I'm rooting for Katherine. The thing I like about her is she balances dancing with sex. I'd rather see much less sex appeal and more grace and skill. I'd love to have seen her paired with Tristan.

The sex aspect is fine, but it needs to have a balance with real dancing and some of the more popular canditates seem to mostly work on sexy but there isn't any real beauty there.

And keep your shirt on, guys. Or wear a vest, but it doesn't add much at all to a performance if your half naked. The movement of the fabric in the dance is a much more intersting element. And yes, I am female, I just like to see dancing over 'hot'.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
It's on
you tube.
That's not the one, but thanks anyway.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:14 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,317 times
I'm just glad to see that Donald is still safe because I have been rooting for him since day 1! It also would be nice to see Peta win since she is fairly new to the pros and has never won yet.....I thought the other pros (Derek, Cheryl, and Mark could share the winning at this point). Those pros are all so expectant to be winners and I would like to see them not win so much (that might sound mean but hey....just my opinion). Go DONALD AND PETA!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV