Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Tonight was so predictable that dance off was a joke & waste of time. What was the purpose of it?

Spoiler
Reckon putting Jaleel in the bottom 2 was a sign to get back in line if you want to stay on this show?
The purpose is to try and make sure that the better dancers remain in the show rather than being voted off simply because they are not "as popular" (as has happened in the past).
It's a good change.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 05:08 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,642,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
BTW, I saw no sagging of Kym's costume in her hiney.

After watching the replay last night I didn't see no sagging costume either..sorry..guess my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,501,985 times
I love Kym Johnson and think she's quite the professional. It must be pure torture for her working with that buffoon Jaleel. Part of me wishes they would just put him out of her misery.

Missed the show Monday, had a four hour power outage. So strange to see my little town pitch-black, it's like being a 100 years back in time. Back to the future, the internet helps me not miss a thing. Gavin's more of a nice guy - they got it wrong last night.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,913,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Actually, no -- you didnt need eagle eyes to see what happened. Kym and Jaleel were facing away form the camera and everyone could see how he placed his hand on her backside.

He didnt do it to keep her dress from slipping down. He did it as a sign of ownership. And her response was a sign that he doesnt have the right to claim her.

I didnt comment last week when he had his hand on her knee and other parts of her body in the room where the contestants go after their dances -- but he was touching her, inappropriately I thought, then too. It was just more subtle than what he did last night.
You're right. I saw it on the rerun last night. It seemed too low to be just reaching for her hip and missing, but her reaction was definitely defensive. He's a jerk.

Did you notice, I think towards the end last night, he put his arm around her with his hand at his waist and she was deliberately holding that hand to keep it at the waist?

Gee, if he's this aggressive on camera, what is she dealing with when the camera is not on them? I guess there are cameras on them in the dance studio where they practice.

Poor Kym.

What's wrong with him? Is he trying to get her to slap him in front of everyone?

Yes. He dances better than deserving to be on the bottom two. The audience must have noticed how boorishly he behaves and many want him to go. It's not a nice thing to be witnessing.

Well, there is something on the web about his ex accusing him of being abusive and another few articles implying that he is gay, so draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by goldengrain; 04-18-2012 at 07:18 AM..

Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,312,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Poor Kim. ... What's wrong with him? Is he trying to get her to slap him in front of everyone?

No, I think he's just an ego-maniac who believes he has something Kym (and probably every other woman, in his eyes) wants. His behavior has certainly changed my opinion of him.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,215,196 times
Well, I'm glad that Gladys gets to participate in Motown Week and that we get to listen to Tristan talk some more.

He is so cute and I'm so glad that he got a nice, easy-going, and pleasant partner this time around.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM

14,290 posts, read 14,540,545 times
I'm glad she stayed, totally agree about Tristan, too! This season is going to get tough in terms of who goes home, usually I don't feel this way until the last 3-5 stars.

Jaleel is the only one I'm not crazy about at all. Some things about a few others may irritate me (the Bugs Bunny laugh for one) but not enough to want the person gone.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,179,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Little ol' eagle eyes, aren't you?

Thanks for the telling observation.
Something showed. On the DVR when I watched the show they fuzzied the back of her costume out.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:09 PM

18,936 posts, read 11,534,457 times
Hey guys I'm back! Got to watch both shows this week after all - but I still missed y'all

Love Latin night - Carlos Santana, yeah! Argentine Tango - aye yi yi - love it.
Quote:
How much further down Brooke's chest can her dress go -- and how much tape do you think she has keeping it from going any further south? agreed! That dress was hideous and it looked lousy on her - which is hard to do since she does have quite a bod. Gawd I can't stand those boob windows they always give her.

Jaleel: His attitude doesnt seem to be as good as in weeks past. Maybe the stress of the bad publicity is finally getting to him. His outfit exposes his chest but I dont think it's that much to look at. (If you havent got it, dont flaunt it, Jaleel.) I did notice how he put his hand on Kym's backside after the dance was over (how rude) and how fast she moved it away (good for her). Totally caught that skeevy move of Jaleel's and am so glad Kym didn't let him get away with it. I do think he has a good upper body - William/Donald are in the unreal category. He grosses me out now, though, and I want him to leave.

Melissa: still blech for me - so hard - and I can't stand how she works her mouth - especially during judging looking like a blowfish

Maria: Wow. Just what you'd expect of Derek and an athletic partner dancing the Salsa. Amazing choreography. Derek goes shirtless halfway through. Any other season, I'd appreciate that but his chest, with its four hairs, just cant compare with Donald's or William's. However the dancing is awesome and, in my opinion, deserves at least one 10. I think they dinged them for that kiss - and agree that it was out of place, overdone, and threw them off their rhythm. I actually prefer Derek's body to Donald/William. Maria has a hot bod but I could have done with a few less boob bounces. Did y'all see the bottom of her left boob pop out after they danced on Tuesday?

Katherine: Very nice choreography by Mark. Very smooth Tango, wonderful moves and great attitude on Katherine's part (I expect it of Mark). Great leg movement and extension (from what I can tell). Top notch and I'm liking her more now that we see some of her personality - and hear her cute accent. I've been off of Mark for a few years but he's winning me back little by little. I was glad Bruno mentioned the choreography.

Gavin: Aw He was such a good sport and I enjoyed hearing Bruno mutter "I like him" after donating that 7 to him

William: Carrie Ann calls him "the Latin dancing James Bond" -- I'm sure she slipped the word "hot" in there too. Len sees "sensuality" and a bunch of other adjectives that mean the same thing. After hearing Carrie Ann and Len, you already know how Bruno responds. My family and I didn't see the same dance you guys and the judges did. It didn't connect for any of us. He was good - but only good - in our opinion. More like solid 8s.

Gladys: I'm glad she'll be here for Motown week - then she can leave anytime.

Roshon: We get to see Roshon channeling his "inner William" during rehearsals in order to improve his sexuality. That bit was so cute and I was sorry to see him in the bottom 3. I really hope Jaleel leaves before Roshon does.

Donald: Darn... The Donald is fully-dressed tonight. But damM, is this Argentina Tango a combination of suspense, SEX and aggression! Donald should consider an acting career -- he can really get into character. Carrie Ann says it was "divine" and comments on how in control Donald was throughout the whole dance. Len says the lifts were "spectacular". Bruno says the "buildup was amazing" and has a few words of criticism but likes it overall. I dont think the judges like this as much as William's dance. Score: 27 (10 from Carrie Ann, 8 from Len and 9 from Bruno) Donald was robbed! He deserved another 10 and I thought they were way better than William and Cheryl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
The spray tans are starting to get on my nerves
Agreed! So greasy and unnatural looking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I miss Julianne.
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
the other great dance i recall was cheryl and gilles marini toward the end of their season - they were dressed in all black and cheryl ended the dance with her feet off the floor on a backwards incline, resting on gilles' thigh. i am a big cheryl fan
I'm a Cheryl fan too and was just reminiscing about Gilles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Howdy, gang, I'm baaaack, no big win, had a great time, great food and did watch DWTS last night!
Welcome home!
Quote:
Every time I see Louie dancing, I miss him more and more as a regular.
I miss him too!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,179,539 times
Speaking of bad dresses, is Brooke's designer trying to make the most hidious dresses around or what? What's up with all the odd wrappings and odd holes in her top part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV