Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I am soooo happy that Donald and Peta won last night!

I was also so glad to see Jerkle screwup his Shaft routine. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I would have liked to have seen Len's face when Donald's name was announced.

I noticed even Mark Ballas was getting teary eyed when Gladys was singing The Way We Were. Seeing all those people getting weepy, even I started to tear up.

What a fabulous season this was! None better. I've so enjoyed yakking with you all. See you in the Fall!
Very well said and I couldn't agree more with your post! I enjoyed this thread this season even though I didn't get to post as much as I had planned.....but thanks for all of the updates and great conversation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
[quote=nightbird47;24428556]I agree about Donald's freestyle. I didn't like it. It just didn't have the presentation factor which either Katherine or William had. Revisiting the second season, after the quality had risen so much, did not help much at all. I thought Katherine's was beautiful and I'm dissapointed she didn't win. It annoys me that I tried to call in a vote but since I watched the recording it was too late. I like watching the recording and missing all the stupidity. The phones used to be open until midnight.quote]

For at least the past 3 years the phones have been open until one hour after the show ends in whichever time zone you are in.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,517 times
Well, an amazing season came to an end....and I've enjoyed it all! Wonderful dancers! Thought the judges a little too biased in William's favor, I must say, and got a bit tired of Bruno's over-the-top comments about him. (usually think they're funny) Was glad he came in third and was touched by the view of his little boy crying. But want to add that William had style, was enjoyable to watch, and seems very nice. I was rooting for Katherine, but wasn't at all disappointed that Donald won....he tried so hard and obviously wanted it so much. Gladys' song was wonderful!!!! I just loved Sherrie's dance---so much fun! Of course, as soon as I finished watching the show I had to come on C-D to read your comments! Thanks for posting. Did anyone catch Tom's comment about the upcoming season having favorites AND some contoversial characters? Boy, I sure hope some of the duds aren't selected again.They really are not much fun to watch. I have to say that I hope Bristol and Kate and Chaz are not on it---don't really want to mix politics with entertainment this go-round. I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly Osbourne back. Will it be left up to the public? That would be great, but unlikely. I'll have to check the ABC website, I guess....Good-bye everyone! I'll read your posts in other threads, I'm sure. Thanks again for sharing.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
PLEASEEEEE.....NO MORE Master Pee

Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
PLEASEEEEE.....NO MORE Master Pee
The clown prince? I sure hope not. Give him a contract so sign saying he must wear dance shoes... that would do the trick.

Now his son, he proved genetics isn't everything. He's quite welcome.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
I'd love to see Romeo again!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I don't want to see Cloris Leachman on there again!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:22 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Actually I wanted Katherine to win.

I did not like Donald's country dance, I hate country.
My husband is British and was pulling for Katherine.
I was raised on country. My mother played it all the time. I grew to really hate it for a long time.
I also don't see much beauty in Irish Riverdancing.
I liked blues, jazz, some classical.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
My husband is British and was pulling for Katherine.
I was raised on country. My mother played it all the time. I grew to really hate it for a long time.
I also don't see much beauty in Irish Riverdancing.
I liked blues, jazz, some classical.

That LOL, is the worst of the worst of the worst.

I hate stomping feet. It reminds me of the girl that lived next door to me for 6 and a half years of stomping around after 10pm....I always wanted the cast of riverdance to live above her.....and still pray that till this dayl.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,466 times
Default Extremely disappointed.....

I have not been able to come to this thread out of feelings of frustration and extreme disappointment. Catherine and Mark should have been the winners. They stole the championship from under her nose. This lady was nearly perfect, in almost all her dances. She, more than anyone else deserved to win.

Yes, Donald was good, but Catherine was SUPERB !!!!!!!

As far as I am concerned, to me, she will always be the winner........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV