U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2011, 04:36 PM

3,116 posts, read 4,000,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
the chances of getting an "A" list star is slim to none....and slim just left town...."A" listers are still working REGULARLY and the commitment for DWTS is too great for someone that also works Steady.

Can't give up a million $ movie deal for a 'stipend' job.
I agree that DWTS has never attracted true A-Listers, and probably never will, but that was "the buzz" around the show, before last season started...

That said, DWTS is not just a stipend job. It's one of the top rated shows on TV, and it has transformed careers. There are definitely big benefits to doing the show! It's kind of like a star choosing to do an indie movie, over a big budget studio movie - sometimes the experience, and the benefit to the career can trump the money!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 04:52 PM

10,510 posts, read 8,746,307 times
Emmitt Smith (Season 3 winner) was my favorite "star" until JR came along.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 AM

2,125 posts, read 4,225,681 times
Chaz Bono said something about they get in the neighborhood of $250K and then bonuses for making it week to week.

The dancers are the ones who get the true benfit imo. What else would they be doing making that kind of money?

Last edited by Jake Ryan; 11-27-2011 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-27-2011, 03:07 PM

15,920 posts, read 4,702,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I am ready for the next season to start NOW! I love this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Me too! It gets better every year!
Yep, it's definitely my favorite. It's sooo light hearted (usually), fun & funny, and helps me escape all my everyday pita annoyances!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM

28,225 posts, read 21,163,844 times
I watch it for the female dancers, the pros, their legs, they're awesome...

Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM

2,038 posts, read 1,718,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Is there any speculation about which stars will be dancing? I'd like to see more mainstream stars this year VS. "stars" that need a jumpstart to their careers!

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Edyta back
Yes please! I couldn't watch this season and I'm so sick of these reality TV "stars" family members and kids of celebrities and D and Z listers being on the show. No more of the Bristols, Chazs and the Kardashian klan. At this rate, Scott Disick will be on next season just for being the baby daddy of Kim Kardashian's sister. No more people famous for just being associated and sharing DNA with REAL "stars."

They can't grab some B-listers who work but just aren't A?

Some stars who have some fame on their own and are decently recognizable?

I'd love to see Giada or Rachael Ray on. They've had male chefs, how about some of the women?

The need to go back to getting former cast members of popular TV shows. At least people remember them when they were "stars." I couldn't stand the tool but John O'Hurley was known. Lisa Kudrow isn't doing anything. The same with the rest of the cast of Friends other than Jen and Courtney. Someone from Full House? Any Cosby kids still around. Anyone from Frasier?

Anyone from Sex and the City? You know, people who made money on their own then just had their shows end. Not just people who got a foot and body in the door thanks to mommy and daddy or siblings and became a "spokesman" or activist when their really just like an old gay person or baby mama or lazy brother but their DNA gave them an "in" yes I'm looking at you Chaz and Bristol and Rob.

Season 7 was the best all around for "stars" with the exception of Kim Kardashian. They were recognizable in their own pockets/areas and for the most part just simply flipping through the channels or a magazine flippant you'd probably seen them or heard of them.

The rest had too many reality stars and family of famous people or just "who?" they were on what? when was that on again? oh yeah...drugs, rehab, sex tape/nude pictures. Nothing of even minor substance.

Last edited by DejaBlue; 11-27-2011 at 10:12 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I watch it for the female dancers, the pros, their legs, they're awesome...

..................and for wardrobe malfunctions on the female dancers!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 PM

28,225 posts, read 21,163,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
..................and for wardrobe malfunctions on the female dancers!
Shhh, don't tell, someone's watching over my shoulder

Old 02-04-2012, 08:45 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,822,117 times
I'm watching season 7 on GSN, nice having the episodes back to back. Samantha is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Brook

Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Hee Hee! Who has one of these???

Nitram, when's your B.D.??? lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV