U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,336 posts, read 4,562,695 times
Well William was a disappointment but about what I expected from him for the Jive.

Roshon and Chelsea were good "dawg"!

I think Maria looks cute in that sexy catholic girl get up with the glasses but she seems a little like she's going through some sort of life change - getting way flirty and trying to lose every last vestige of the journalist.

ETA: they sure did a good job! Best of the night, IMO. She is such a trooper and I loved how she had all her Greek star friends in the audience

Last edited by toosie; 04-09-2012 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,500,808 times
Well, even if he didn't get 10s he may end up in 1st place tonight which is nice! No worries about him going home, I haven't been able to get through on the phone so I'm sure Packer Nation is voting like crazy!

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM

10,174 posts, read 6,947,658 times
This is "ROCK WEEK" on DTWS. KISS performs right off the bat and the male pro dance troupe is accompanying them with KISS-painted faces. I was never a fan of KISS and time hasnt softened my memory of them.

I hate to comment on anything about Brooke other than her banality -- but what's up with her hair? It looks like someone left her perm curlers in way too long. Was frizzy hair a part of Rock?

The judges have apparently decided to be more realistic in their scoring than they have previously this season. It's about time!

Sherri: She and Val are dressed in black leather and, while Sherri's already lost weight, her outfit does nothing for her. As in weeks past, she doesnt seem to do much "dancing" -- in fact, she's pretty much walking through the Tango and waiting while Val does a few steps. Notably missing are her usual facial expressions. For me, this isnt a good performance at all. I'd give her an 18 at best. Len says the dance "didnt suit her bubbly personality" and observes a mis-step. I dont know what the heck Bruno is saying. Carrie Ann criticizes her lack of exuberance. Score: 21

Katherine: We see her learning to box as a way to bring out some warrior aggression for her Paso Doble. She's a goddess in skin-tight black leather -- but her dancing isnt nearly so goddess-like as in weeks past. For the first time ever, she seems uncomfortable and amateurish -- and unsure of herself. Either she spent too much time boxing and not enough time dancing this week -- or she's not comfortable dressed like this and dancing this kind of dance. Mark has some really entertaining dance steps but I'm not a fan of Katherine tonight. If the judges are fair, she wont be pleased with her score. Bruno says her dance wasnt as clean as it should be. Carrie Ann observes that her footwork wasnt great. Len says "it had promise but didnt quite deliver". Score: 24

Jaleel: His Tango looks pretty good. He's very fluid and Kym choreographed what I think is a great dance. And I'm very appreciative that he and Kym arent wearing black leather. Carrie Ann loves it and says only that his feet needed more staccato. Len likes the "human" that he put into the dance but says it needed more "attack" and criticizes the footwork. Bruno says "the undercarriage was underpowered". Their comments dont match their scores. Score: 22

Melissa: OMG, Maks is dressed in a skin-tight gold and black lame' outfit with his chest exposed. I was hoping that Melissa would get thru one week without mentioning her broken back, but it's not this week. She's doing a decent job on the Paso Doble. Maks has an obvious slip at the end. I guess even a pro dancer can make a mistake, but I dont recall ever seeing him make such a glaring error in the past. Len says he liked the performance and praises her confidence. Bruno loves it but mentions Maks' messing up the ending. Carrie Ann says it was her best performance by far (which isnt saying much) -- but advises her to "be an equal to Maks in the hold" (whatever that means). Score: 22

Donald. Please, please let him be wearing skin-tight black leather! No, he's not -- but he's shirtless. Thank you, God! 30 points just for his chest! He channels the right attitude -- strong and mean -- for the Paso Doble. There are no words (none I can use here, anyway) to say how much I love his dance! Hot, raw emotion. I think I need a cigarette after watching that. Bruno calls it "a great dance...muscular, magnificent and masculine". Carrie Ann says "hot damn" and calls it spectacular. Len says he didnt think he could get so excited seeing a man with his shirt off and calls it his "best dance". They should give him 9's and 10's for this. And they do!! All 9's! Score: 27

Gladys: She's dancing to my favorite music of all time: Bohemian Rhapsody. It's not an easy song to dance to, but I'm impressed with the job she's doing. She moves very well. I havent been a fan of hers in the past, but tonight I am. And Tristan did a truly magnificent job of choreographing. The judges dont like much about it. Carrie Ann calls it her "most ambitious" routine but, sadly, says that nothing about it came together. Len praises the choreography but says her posture and feet werent good. Bruno says it was the most difficult song to pick and that her performance lacked "impact". Score: 20. I thought she deserved higher than that. Len gave her the first score lower than a 7 (a 6) of the season.

William. I was hoping for shirtlessness but no such luck. But, man, can he move! I dont know if a lot of his Jive is actually in tune with the music, but who the heck (besides the judges) cares? He exudes such joy that he takes me to my happy-place (and I thought only Donald's chest could do that tonight ). In fact, when I'm not too distracted by all his assets and can actually watch his footwork, he reminds me of Mario Lopez (without the loser attitude). And he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Yuck, the judges dont like him at all tonight. All three of them call him out for being "off" and losing focus. Score: 22

Roshon. What a lovely Viennese Waltz. He has one mis-step but, overall, he's elegant beyond his years. Bruno calls it "beautiful and flowing". Carrie Ann says he's the best dancer of all the men. Len says "good job". High praise indeed! Roshon is so cute: he's happy that Carrie Ann called him "a man". I'm so enchanted by him that I'm not paying attention to the scores -- was it a 9 (from Carrie Ann) and two 8's? If so, Score: 25

Maria. She's dancing with a stress fracture in her foot but you cant tell it by her Tango. She looks perfect to me. Derek has an open shirt -- not really a good look for him, especially in comparison to Donald. But his choreography is simply amazing. Carrie Ann comments on their "incredible chemistry". Len says the aggression was good but notes she lost some control. Bruno calls it "brilliant". Score: 26

Gavin. He's making up for poor past performances tonight! His Tango looks great -- good attitude, good legwork, fairly intricate choreography. Len praises his attitude but criticizes his posture. Bruno agrees. Carrie Ann compares him to Johnny Depp (?). I love his self-deprecating attitude. Score: 23

Tom announces, at the end of the show, that Melissa injured herself (no details) and has gone to the hospital to get checked out.

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:21 PM

So who do you think will go home tomorrow? I suspect it will be Gavin. Gladys had the lowest score but, again, her fan base will probably keep her out of jeopardy -- or save her anyway.

It's hard to say how Melissa's injury, whatever it is, will affect the voting. If she's hurt her back badly enough, she might have to drop out. Then perhaps no one will go home tomorrow. But I dont see that happening.

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:36 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,500,808 times
Great job on the summary, you are spot on and William is something, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, not much attitude or arrogance. If it weren't for Donald I'd be in Williams corner all the way!

OK, so who do you think the judges would save if it is Gladys/Gavin/Melissa in the bottom two, isn't there a dance off and they choose who to save??? Isn't that the way it will work, not audience votes but judges choice? Kind of like saving someone on Idol???

Both girls have injuries, (not sure what Melissa's is) if one would drop out would it be the elimination. I can't see Maria dropping out but if she has a stress fracture, dumb to keep dancing, not worth it.

OK, I have to try and vote for Donald with my cell phone, didn't have much luck with it last week. I gave all my computer/regular phone votes to Donald, he is my fav! Such a classy guy and said he had to ask Betina if he could take his shirt off? Donald, are you kidding me???

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Oh, think you're right, susancruz. I forgot about the dance-off. Tomorrow night should be really interesting!

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM

11,524 posts, read 6,282,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
So who do you think will go home tomorrow? I suspect it will be Gavin. Gladys had the lowest score but, again, her fan base will probably keep her out of jeopardy -- or save her anyway.

It's hard to say how Melissa's injury, whatever it is, will affect the voting. If she's hurt her back badly enough, she might have to drop out. Then perhaps no one will go home tomorrow. But I dont see that happening.
I hope it's not Gladys. I thought that tonight's dance was her best so far.
There were some very dificult steps in the routine and she did well with them. The dificulty should have given her points. I am not happy with the judges scores for Gladys.

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM

12,021 posts, read 7,025,960 times
I love watching Roshon, have since the beginning--what talent! Gavin is improving every week, which is the whole idea. I really like him too, he's so cute and his aww shucks personality is so endearing.

When Derek carried Maria across the stage then RAN up the stairs with her on his back and didn't even hold the railing--that was the most heart-stopping moment of the evening!

I don't think it's fair that Gladys had to dance to that song. It is almost impossible to dance to, and I think she should get a do-over. Who picks the music, anyway?

Unread 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM

12,086 posts, read 6,188,536 times
Moderator cut: removed

Okay, here's my take on tonight's show...

Melissa, go home. Best dance? I thought she stunk. She is graceless and stiff as a board. I wonder what she hurt.

Gladys, go home. She's an old lady who can not dance very fast and poor Tristan has to keep things toned down all the time! Yes, she a rock legend but so what?

Donald...be still my heart! That dance didn't deserve 10's??? It sure did to me!

Maria, what a trouper! Now besides two cracked ribs, a stress fracture? Talk about a stubborn work ethic!

Gavin, wish he could keep his bum tucked in. That was a nice dance.

William, he sure can swivel those hips.

Sherri, again, too high scores IMO for her dancing.

Jaleel, I hate to admit the guy can dance.

Katherine, first time I wasn't thrilled with her dance.

Roshon, he did okay with another type of dance he has no clue about.

Last edited by Beretta; 04-10-2012 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: we only use spoilers for results

Unread 04-09-2012, 09:24 PM

1,464 posts, read 658,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

I don't know I thought maybe Gladys, but sometimes this show surprises you...I missed some of the dances (got distracted)

I don't really care for Melissa, sorry but she looks like a train wreck to me...

I think I'll stick with my first instinct and say...

Gladys Knight

Last edited by tiluha; 04-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: just being neurotic :)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV