Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times

Advertisements

Only watched because KISS, one of my favorite bands, was in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I love watching Roshon, have since the beginning--what talent! Gavin is improving every week, which is the whole idea. I really like him too, he's so cute and his aww shucks personality is so endearing. ...

I don't think it's fair that Gladys had to dance to that song. It is almost impossible to dance to, and I think she should get a do-over. Who picks the music, anyway?

I so agree about Roshon. He's such a cutie. I feel kinda bad for him to be competing against such "manly men" like The Donald and William.

And I also agree about Gladys' having to dance to Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a lovely song but even Derek might have had a hard time choreographing something to that.

Regarding who picks the music, that's a great question. I've always thought that the pro dancers have a list of songs/music from which to select. However, when I googled that question just now, the only answers I found indicate that they have no choice at all -- show staff personnel choose their music.

Here's one answer:

"According to an ABC spokesperson, the dance pairs do not get to choose the songs they dance to, nor can they even choose from a list. Production staffers work up a list of songs with rhythms that (according to them) fit a particular style of dance, and try to get rights to use said tunes on the show. If they aren't granted rights, the song can't be used, no matter how well it might fit the particular style of dance."

Who chooses the music for "Dancing with the Stars"? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 04-10-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, so who do you think the judges would save if it is Gladys/Gavin/Melissa in the bottom two, isn't there a dance off and they choose who to save???

I forgot to answer your question. Among the bottom three you mentioned...all things being equal, I think the judges would save Gladys. Not only because she's a legend but also, and especially, because she had an unfairly hard dance. The judges even observed how difficult that song is for dancing.

The judges did comment that Gavin is improving every week, but he's still the weakest male dancer. And Melissa is the weakest female dancer.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:22 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I dont know what the heck Bruno is saying.

I was hoping that Melissa would get thru one week without mentioning her broken back, but it's not this week.

Donald. Please, please let him be wearing skin-tight black leather! No, he's not -- but he's shirtless. Thank you, God! 30 points just for his chest!
Excellent recap as always - these were my favorite quotes - really got me giggling!
Quote:
Carrie Ann says it was her best performance by far (which isnt saying much) -- but advises her to "be an equal to Maks in the hold" (whatever that means).
I get it and was thinking the same as Carrie Ann - When Melissa was in Maks's arms - especially for the turns - she looked like she was done and just along for the ride so he could spin her or move her to the next position.
Quote:
Len gave her the first score lower than a 7 (a 6) of the season.
I missed that - good catch!
Quote:
William:And he seems like a genuinely nice guy.
I'm gonna break ranks here and say I thought William was no good last night. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy...but he seems genuinely vapid too and, despite his sweet nature, that's a turn-off to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
isn't there a dance off and they choose who to save?

I can't see Maria dropping out but if she has a stress fracture, dumb to keep dancing, not worth it.
Dance off - yep! And I agree, I don't see Maria dropping out unless they make her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I don't really care for Melissa, sorry but she looks like a train wreck to me...
You aren't alone on that! I had to quote you to remember to say how tickled I was by your reason-for-edit comment on this post

Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 AM

Apparently Melissa hit her head on the floor during her dance last night. (Probably when Maks mis-stepped.)

US magazine and other sites have reported that she suffered a mild concussion and whiplash. She started complaining of dizziness and feeling lightheaded backstage right after her dance.

"She hit her head during her dance, and then after she felt a little dizzy so they took her to the hospital just to get checked out and make sure she was okay," Shepherd, 44, explained.

Melissa Gilbert Suffers Head Injury on During Dancing With the Stars - UsMagazine.com

She was said to be feeling so weakened that singer and fellow DWTS contestant Gavin DeGraw carried her out of the red room and out of the Hollywood studio.

Melissa Gilbert's hospital dash drama after sustaining head injury on Dancing With The Stars | Mail Online

Apparently the injury wasnt too serious. The latest update says that she tweeted she's going home to rest.

After she started to feel unwell, Gavin DeGraw carried her down the stairs and she received medical attention. Melissa and Maksim headed to the hospital as a precaution, and it's a good thing they did.

Melissa tweeted, “I'm alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of. @MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you. @GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!”
Note: Gavin did that before his dance.

http://www.examiner.com/reality-tv-i...b-will-be-okay

Last edited by TFW46; 04-10-2012 at 07:18 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,230 times
Quote:
Apparently Melissa hit her head on the floor during her dance last night. (Probably when Maks mis-stepped.)

US magazine and other sites have reported that she suffered a mild concussion and whiplash. She started complaining of dizziness and feeling lightheaded backstage right after her dance.

"She hit her head during her dance, and then after she felt a little dizzy so they took her to the hospital just to get checked out and make sure she was okay," Shepherd, 44, explained.

Melissa Gilbert Suffers Head Injury on During Dancing With the Stars - UsMagazine.com

She was said to be feeling so weakened that singer and fellow DWTS contestant Gavin DeGraw carried her out of the red room and out of the Hollywood studio.

Melissa Gilbert's hospital dash drama after sustaining head injury on Dancing With The Stars | Mail Online

Apparently the injury wasnt too serious. The latest update says that she tweeted she's going home to rest.

After she started to feel unwell, Gavin DeGraw carried her down the stairs and she received medical attention. Melissa and Maksim headed to the hospital as a precaution, and it's a good thing they did.

Melissa tweeted, “I'm alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of. @MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you. @GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!â€
Note: Gavin did that before his dance.

Melissa Gilbert accident update: 'Dancing With the Stars' celeb will be okay - National Reality TV | Examiner.com
Guess Gavin had to show off his chivalry by carrying Melissa to the car, to keep up with Derek.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Actually, I think it was very chivalrous of Gavin to do that. It couldnt have been easy for him to carry Melissa down all those stairs, expending energy that he'd need for his dance. (Maks reportedly accompanied her to the hospital so I wonder why he didnt carry her down the stairs himself.)

I think it's time for Melissa to leave the show. With her back problems and now this concussion/whiplash, she doesnt seem physically fit enough for the stresses of the competition. I think I'll change my prediction and say that she's going home tonight.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I think Gladys deserves another chance, she had the absolute most awful song last night. Melissa should go home in my book but what do I know???

Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
@GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!” Note: Gavin did that before his dance.
I was thinking about the timeline as I read the first part of your post and was realizing the same thing. Big props to Gavin for doing that. I do wonder where any of the beefier guys were - or maybe he just swooped in and it would have been bad form for someone else to take over.

As for who should/will go home...

Should: Gladys, Melissa, or Sherri

Will: Gavin or Sherri - I think Gladys has a big enough base to keep her this week, and I think Maks has enough fans to keep Melissa this week (unless maybe enough voters heard about Melissa's trip to the hospital)

Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...-week-4-recap/

Louis comments are a very interesting read on last night! He explains what I've been reading on various sites around the 'net! I was so busy looking at Donald's abs didn't pay attention to the dance. Louis said it had lack of content, marks were high, his other dances were as good and does tend to walk through some parts. I've read people commenting he walks too much, not enough content.

I also found it interesting he said about the lifts, where are the lift police??? He thinks Bruno is over the top in comments! I have to agree with his take on it though, going back to You Tube and reviewing some dances!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV