Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times

Advertisements

Great Commentary! I almost missed it tonight!!! I thought it started next week I didn't tune in until 8:30, then I got distracted a few times & missed most of the dances ... I'll have to watch it online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Holy cow - what a start!

Marina Menunos & Derek Huff - Aye yi yi what a bod! The laugh balances it out LOL

Jack Wagner & Anna - he reminds me of an older Derek! Anna's one of my favorite women dancers

Donald Driver & Peta - another great bod, love the long legs. Great moves too but...I swear he had an erection at the end of that dance before the judging!

Gavin deGraw & Karina - his comment and reaction when he said "stiffen up at the wrong times too" makes me think I'm right about what I thought I saw with the previous couple...

Roshon & Chelsea - didn't expect to like him but he's a cutie and could move. Chelsea seems sorta trashy to me (sorry)

Sherri & Val - they did a good job containing her boobs - she is so bubbly!

Melissa & Maks - I didn't think she was as good as judges said - plus she seems so harsh now meh

William Levy & Cheryl - hubba hubba - love the accent and bod and...

Martina & Tony - she looked so pretty all glammed up. I hope she stays a while. Tony is one of my fave guys

Katherine & Mark - so pretty and she did great

Gladys & Tristan - he is pretty sweet - I hope she treats him better than Nancy did last year. How about Bruno saying "a star - a REAL one!" Love Gladys

Jaleel & Kim - terrific!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
I was just going to post what a great show tonight had been but I see others couldn't wait to talk!

Was tonight the BEST EVER first night? 4 9's!!!!! Wow!

I thought Gavin, Martina, Sherri, Melissa and Gladys were the "poorest" showings although they were good for non dancers.

Never heard of William before but I won't forget his body, uhh, face.

Those football players sure know how to convert into dancers, don't they? Come on, Brady, get out there!

I voted for the opera singer because she's not really known here in the States and she was so elegant and she's so beautiful! I'd like to see more of her dancing.

Jaleel was awesome! Whodathunk?

I agree with Tom Bergeron....I'm so happy to get to see ALL of the dancers dance again next week.

What a great night that was.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I'm going to be a real couch potato this season: DWTS on Mondays and Tuesdays -- then American Idol on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
What do you mean with "this season", TFW. You and I are both couch potatoes and have been for a long time. That is why we are both so totally cool (and retired).

I was disappointed with Martina but it didn't surprise me. If she and Melissa don't improve then one of them will be going home and my money is on Martina. I would be unhappy if that happens. She is a nice person but this is a dance competition. I respect anyone who agrees to be a contestant.

I don't remember a season starting with such high scores. Everyone did a good job. Some were fantastic. This is going to be an interesting season. I'm just crazy about Sherri. She is always up and genuinely has a great sense of humor. I can't help but smile when I see her. The gang is going to have a good discussion going on The View tomorrow morning.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
What do you mean with "this season", TFW. You and I are both couch potatoes and have been for a long time. That is why we are both so totally cool (and retired).

LOL! BUSTED! And I agree with all of your post, Ketabcha.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
just wanna say Sherri Shepard makes me smile!! She has such a positive energy. You go girl!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
All I can say is I agree with you all. This was a great entertaining best premier ever. I was definitely surprised. I usually tune in to see the women dancers but they all did perform to near perfection.
Hard to pick but my favorites so far are Katherine, Jaleel and Marina, but anyone can change this game. I'm betting we see some early 10's this season.
And Brooke seemed a little bit more laid back this evening. Not so many dumb questions, yet.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
great show! william levy is one of the reasons i became interested in telenovellas--now i can look forward to seeing that great face and body--sigh!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Well, I guess I'd better watch it in the morning.

I was kind of debating on whether or not I was going to bother with this season. There just aren't any names on the roster that I was excited about seeing- and there are no "controversial" contestants to stir things up - but you all make it sound very interesting and exciting and worth watching.

So.........

Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, I guess I'd better watch it in the morning.

I was kind of debating on whether or not I was going to bother with this season. There just aren't any names on the roster that I was excited about seeing- and there are no "controversial" contestants to stir things up - but you all make it sound very interesting and exciting and worth watching.

So.........
I debated at first too, same for your reasons, but wife turned it on and after watching the start of the show we got hooked and didn't regret it at all.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Cinebar, you MUST watch in the morning. If we are all saying basically the same thing, you've got to!

Glad your wife was smart tonight, nit.

I didn't know who half these people were either but I'm sure glad I watched. I would be so kicking my fanny now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV