Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,163 times

Advertisements

I'm still watching. Barely. I do like the turn the show took last night - Except I don't know what they are doing with Ivy, and why her storyline is still an issue, unless the Marilyn spot will open again for her in light of recent events.

Cool to see another 'Rent' alumni, Jessie L Martin join the cast (he's so cute, I always think of him as "Butters" from Ally McBeal).

I agree: Newguy is a douchbag. And his whiny friend with the slouchy sweaters and the odd hairstyle is just as bad.

So yeah, I'm still watching. If only to see if they actually pull the fourty-eleven different story lines together into something comprehensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
I don't understand why they made the new guy so awful, when he performs it's mesmerizing, but his character is so unlikable, nobody would put up with him, why would Karen want that a hole, unless she just likes immature jerks. People like that are a part of theatre, but they don't get to act like that until they become indispensable, a newbie with that attitude would be shown the door despite innate talent.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Unfortunately Smash seems on final approach into the Recently Cancelled thread.

It has been moved into what it usually "burnoff mode" and will begin airing on Saturdays.

Quote:
NBC is shifting around some pieces on the schedule board this spring, including the demotion of “Smash” to Saturdays starting next month as part of the net’s shift to an all-reality Tuesday lineup.

“Smash,” which never got off the ground ratings-wise in its second season, moves to Saturdays at 9 p.m. beginning April 6. It will, however, continue to air on Tuesdays at 10 for the next three weeks.

In its most recent airing Tuesday at 10 p.m., the Broadway-themed drama pulled a mere 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 — though that was up a tick week to week.
NBC Ships ‘Smash’ to Saturday | Variety

Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Unfortunately Smash seems on final approach into the Recently Cancelled thread.

It has been moved into what it usually "burnoff mode" and will begin airing on Saturdays.

NBC Ships ‘Smash’ to Saturday | Variety

All reality Tuesday, great

Saturdays is a terrible sign. I know it isn't a great show, but I actually will miss it.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
I truly feel for anyone that is a fan of anything NBC airs in prime time (he says as he hits play on tonight's "Whitney" episode). So many times I have fallen in love with one of their shows only to lose it less than a full season in.

I have dubbed NBC:

Nothing
But
Cancellations

Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I have dubbed NBC:

Nothing
But
Cancellations
Isn't that the truth!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,613,969 times
While I love Sean Hayes.....I think this part of his is nothing but a waste of time. That storyline just isn't needed, especially if it is only to keep the character of Ivy somewhat featured.

I simply didn't like having 3 separate musicals splitting up the show. I like the new guys struggle to get going, but think it could even be a smaller part than what it is.

I didn't like the Ellis character before and certainly don't like him being pulled back in as a bad guy still in play.

So, last night's episode was a turning point for me to be ready to give up on it.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
I feel the same way; I just found out that what will almost certainly be the final two episodes of Matthew Perry's 'Go On' will be moved to Thursday, and that those two episodes will air on April 4th & 11th @ 9:30 PM, opposite 'Person Of Interest', currently the #5 show on TV this year.

Thanks a bunch, NBC!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
For some reason I really look forward to Smash. I say "for some reason" because I don't know why other than I really like it. Maybe because it keeps me guessing and has never bored me.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
For some reason I really look forward to Smash. I say "for some reason" because I don't know why other than I really like it. Maybe because it keeps me guessing and has never bored me.
I do too, for me I think it's mostly about the musical scenes, even the whiney guy who annoys me when he talks, blows my mind when he performs. The only other very musical show is Glee, and I'm not so into the high school thing. My original college major was theatre, I will always have a soft spot for that world, even though I've moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV