Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I hope the contestants will shock me and NOT pick a single Adele song.

Not that there is anything wrong with her or anything. I actually think she is great. I'm just getting tired of hearing her music everywhere.
I am the same way, the radio stations around here over play her and around here it always the same song. She has alot of songs release at least they could change it up.
I change the station as soon as I hear it her, sad because she is about only decent artist of this decade.

I think tonight maybe a challenge and some of the contestants may struggle or flourish because music I guess is call the 'Teens' is mostly crapola.
I wonder whatthe music of the last decade is called the '00's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times
Quote:

Not that there is anything wrong with her or anything. I actually think she is great. I'm just getting tired of hearing her music everywhere.
I'm not sure but I could see my girl Hollie singing an Adele song tonight. Before American Idol made her take down her YouTube page, she covered a few Adele songs on it and in local performances and did awesome on them.

The videos are still on YouTube if anyone cares to look. But yeah, I could see her performing Adele tonight. But, I could be wrong.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Jess has a hell of a voice but today's uptempo music may not be a good fit for her voice. I could see her doing Adele, as she may not be able to pull it off.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM

95 posts, read 389,991 times
Tonight's song list is posted on American Idol's FB page, if anyone is curious.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Quote:

I love Adele, but I agree, her music is everywhere.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
Tonight's song list is posted on American Idol's FB page, if anyone is curious.
Aha! Idol wants to showcase past performers, Kelly and Kelly. I was assuming that Colton would do Justin Beibers, Baby...

Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Does anyone remember Josiah Leming from Season 7 in 2008? His story about being a traveling musician living out of his car received a lot of coverage. He had a unique voice and wowed everyone, including Simon, with his audition performance of "Grace Kelly". But he had some kind of psychological breakdown during Hollywood Week and never made it to the Top 24.

I love his voice and "soul" and have followed his career. He's an amazing musician, writes all his own songs, has had records/albums that have done pretty well and has been touring.

Anyway, I was in the grocery store today and recognized his voice singing over the radio loudspeaker. I asked the manager who was singing -- he didnt know but he asked a couple of employees -- and, sure enough, the music was from one of Josiah's albums.

Here's his "Grace Kelly" audition on American Idol:

American Idol - Josiah Leming - Grace Kelly - YouTube

Here are two of the songs that were playing in the grocery store today:

Josiah Leming [ PAPER HOUSES ] + LYRICS - YouTube

Josiah Leming [ YOU AND I ] + LYRICS - YouTube

Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
I remember that kid and liked him too, TFW! Thanks for the update.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
The choke job from Baylie Brown shocked me. Before the live show all I heard was how this girl was going to come on and steal the show. A lot of people were proclaiming her as the winner before the whole thing started. Then boom, once the live shows hit she bombed hardcore.

I think she could have been really good and would have had a huge following, not only because of her voice but also because she was easy on the eyes.

But yeah, couldn't believe how bad she bombed. To her credit though, she did get on live TV and sing, something I couldn't do lol.
Sorry I have to disagree with your premise. She was just a pretty face and probably would do better at modeling or commercials than singing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Spoiler
On this Wednesday, April 11th, the top 7 will sing songs from this current decade. They will only get to choose from 2010, 2011, or 2012. This is going to be interesting because there has been a lot of dopey music these days and I hope the top 7 can maybe polish it.

I wonder which tweedle dee came up with this idea. Maybe they were in a meeting, or a random person just blurted it out.
^I don't have a problem with it. They do tend to repeat their themes etc. year after year though yeah. I guess I'm a sap for it not to bore me or maybe it's because where else did I ever get to observe S.T. for 3 hours a week

Quote:

Agreed They need to let Adele do Adele like only she can best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Aha! Idol wants to showcase past performers, Kelly and Kelly. I was assuming that Colton would do Justin Beibers, Baby...
Are you $h*tting me?!? Beiber??

Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Sorry I have to disagree with your premise. She was just a pretty face and probably would do better at modeling or commercials than singing!

^I don't have a problem with it. They do tend to repeat their themes etc. year after year though yeah. I guess I'm a sap for it not to bore me or maybe it's because where else did I ever get to observe S.T. for 3 hours a week

Agreed They need to let Adele do Adele like only she can best!

Are you $h*tting me?!? Beiber??:smack:
I was joking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV