Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 04:15 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

I like Elise a lot. I don't care about her attitude nor did I care about Colton's. Some of the best singers in the biz have bad attitudes. It's not an attitude contest, it's a singing contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM

958 posts, read 2,132,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I like Elise a lot. I don't care about her attitude nor did I care about Colton's. Some of the best singers in the biz have bad attitudes. It's not an attitude contest, it's a singing contest.
I agree with you, I like Elise also. She has a raspy soulfull voice where Colton's is more high pitched and less inviting for me.

You are also right about "some of the best singers in the biz have bad attitudes" but that's just it, thery're already in the biz. These are contestants on a talent show trying to get in the biz.

This is a marathon type contest, a pressure cooker, some can deal with the pressure and pace and others can't. It's sample of what their lives will be like if they are successful.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,585,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have a feeling the final battle will be between Skylar and Jessica.
Regardless of who I'd like to see in the final, I think this is a pretty good guess for who will be there.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,256,918 times
Quote:
Nope, not an attitude contest, but when you're relying on the millions of people watching to hopefully vote for you, their going to have to like you, no matter how good your voice is.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
I agree with you, I like Elise also. She has a raspy soulfull voice where Colton's is more high pitched and less inviting for me.

You are also right about "some of the best singers in the biz have bad attitudes" but that's just it, thery're already in the biz. These are contestants on a talent show trying to get in the biz.

This is a marathon type contest, a pressure cooker, some can deal with the pressure and pace and others can't. It's sample of what their lives will be like if they are successful.
I don't think many of music's famous hotheads got that way AFTER they became big. John Lennon was infamous for his major attitude problem and acerbic wit long before he became THE John Lennon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Nope, not an attitude contest, but when you're relying on the millions of people watching to hopefully vote for you, their going to have to like you, no matter how good your voice is.
I don't care if I "like" a contestant or not. If I could see myself buying and listening to a whole album, I'll vote for them.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Regardless of who I'd like to see in the final, I think this is a pretty good guess for who will be there.
I have no preference, at this point...I think they're all talented and each one deserving the chance to prevail!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,537,849 times
I could care less about the attitude. Just give me a great voice. That is all I want out of these shows.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,256,918 times
Quote:
I don't care if I "like" a contestant or not. If I could see myself buying and listening to a whole album, I'll vote for them.
And differences are what make the world turn, so good for you

Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,743,640 times
I don't listen to alot of country but I would buy an album from Skylar. Any producer who rejects my wife, Skylar is a dunderhead.

I sense it's going to be a smackdown between my wife, Skylar and gobucks wife, Hollie. Skylar has more power in her voice and guess who would win? Most people feel Hollie is Not Worthy or Not Ready for a recording contract, and she should consider a vocal coach and/or vocal lessons. Dumbasses. Many also feel Hollie should come back when Hollie is in her mid to late 20's when her singing improves. There is no indication whether A.I. will be around that long. It's a good time for Hollie to come, as she is a great singer and could beat everyone else except my wife, Skylar. Those people are bozos and should be back to the stone age. Am I the only one besides gobucks that thinks Hollie is great?

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
And differences are what make the world turn, so good for you
Right back at ya, friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV