Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Holly is eyecandy no doubt
She looks perpetually cold to me. Absolutely no sex appeal.

While her singing isn't my style, I do like her. Her friendship with Joshua is really cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Agreed! 1/2 hour is plenty for tonight.
Well - they need the full hour for the ads!

I was so proud of Hollie for the way she sung her way out... she handled it like a trooper and showed that she's a class act. I think she will go far. I always wonder what the former idols say to the new kids on the block... "Don't worry, this is all for show, you made it to the top 4 or 5 and they'll take care of you." ?

Joshua did hit it out of the park on that second song. The final two will be the J's - Josh and Jess. All these kids have done so much growing up. It's fun to watch.

and again...
WHO dresses Randy?
yeeeks

Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Did anyone notice that P2 was not in the Ford commercial?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
He hasn't been in any of them. Maybe he a Chevy kind of guy.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I am not surprised by the outcome, but the only one I will truly be happy for if they win is Joshua. The other two- I just don't care for, even though Jessica does have a good voice.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
He hasn't been in any of them. Maybe he a Chevy kind of guy.
Is he getting treatment for his kidney stones during that time or something?

Spoiler
Still sad Hollie is gone. I may be in the minority, but that's ok haha. Using spoilers because I don't know if its okay not to on this type of comment at the moment

I do think this will be it for me watching Idol. I had my favorite this season, and I do enjoy many of the other finalist that were in the top 24 and a few still in the competition, but I think the show has just ran its course for me. The judging just isn't there anymore, too many people afraid to hurt someones feelings (besides Jimmy). I feel like a lot of the talent on the show may be good, but no one really sticks out anymore as being a huge seller in the music industry, though I could see Jessica getting there, and perhaps P2. Even though I'm not a fan of P2, he has the look and has a good voice and a strong following.

Maybe some of it has to do with the fact that the show, in a lot of terms, is irrelevant to some extent. Get into the top 10 and if you're good you'll have a record deal of some sort waiting for you when you're voted off. In past season, the early years, you needed to win that show or be in the top 2 to get a deal, but its not the case anymore.

Besides for this season, I haven't felt excited for the show since around Season 2. I have no idea why I typed all this out haha. Just felt like sharing my opinion.

I'll still post in this thread for the rest of the season. I know how my comments are adored in this thread haha

P.S. - Who the hell dresses Randy like a jackass, and why is he okay with it? And will there ever be an episode where Jennifer Lopez isn't being pimped in some way? For the record, I thought she kinda sucked tonight lol. It's American Idol, not All About Jennifer Lopez.

/end rant

Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Spoiler
Hollie's elimination= not cool

I'm gonna end up shooting myself in the foot for saying this but I pray to lord that P2 wins. I can't bear to listen to both Joshua and Jess.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I don't understand why people can't hear P2's potential for longevity in this industry. Even if you don't particularly like him, you should be able to recognize his talent. For example, (ironically) I am really not a big fan of Dave Matthews. But I can see that he has talent that other people appreciate.

Re: J Lo. She was terrible. That whole performance was vulgar and I'm sorry but she did not sound "live". My opinion of her has really gone downhill since the beginning of this this season.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:09 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think he hasn't been in them for weeks---he is excused because of the kidney stone problems. I am sure the condition is painful---but if he is struggling so much, how will he be able to be on the AI tour?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Interesting question! I've never been to the VFTW website... what IS their motivation to keep bad/least talented performers in a show?
VFTW picked p2 for a few reasons, mainly because they want a WGWG [white guy with guitar] to win for the 5th straight season. They appreciate his repetitive 'originality,' how he ignores the advisors, doesn't show up in commercials, and a few other reasons.

I don't know how much influence vftw has on voting. It's probably the older women with vivid imaginations and tweeners who got p2 to the final 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV