Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times

Advertisements

Really looking forward to next weeks show. Boys get Stevie Wonder and girls Whitney Houston. Although the early editing was terrible, last nights show was well put together. We haven't gotten enough of a chance to know certain contestents because of poor editing.

I know I mentioned last season how much I like Jimmy. Some of his comments are controversial but people seem to be coming around to the fact he knows his biz...doesn't mean I always agree with him (I thought Aaron was good, but he got overshadowed by Ledet) The kids need to develop a thick skin because from here on out they will be exposed to much critique good and bad. I've always liked Ryan as well, I think he has a big part in making the show. He's had his biting moments, which I for the most part find entertaining, but who is perfect?

Randy's critique sometimes seems rehearsed to me. He cherry picks certain contestents to pick apart and gives others a free pass. I guess people can say that about all the judges, depending on your individual stance. When Randy makes such a point out of putting some on the hot seat questioning who they are trying to become - it gets on my nerves. Hopefully they will continue to give constructive critisism.

I think some of the finalists are just fillers until they go. Heejun does have a killer voice when he is on, but his boys night performance sucked!

I wish Jen, Keyser and maybe Grimm would have been kept. I heard Keyser can come back next season since he didn't make top 24.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Really looking forward to next weeks show. Boys get Stevie Wonder and girls Whitney Houston.

I know I mentioned last season how much I like Jimmy.

Heejun does have a killer voice when he is on, but his boys night performance sucked!

I wish Jen, Keyser and maybe Grimm would have been kept. I heard Keyser can come back next season since he didn't make top 24.
Oh cool I missed who they were singing but think I heard them say Mary J Blige is the celeb mentor. I'm looking forward to the Stevie Wonder songs and Mary J. Darn - Reed would have been great doing Stevie.

Yes, I really like Jimmy and am glad they're bringing him out even earlier this season. I think TFW already mentioned - he's the new Simon and even better!

A couple of you have raved about Hee Jun's voice and obviously the judges love him. I must be missing something because although he sings on key and has some good qualities, he also sounds 'off' to me - not off key but just...missing syllables and not quite right. Maybe he'll grow on me as the season progresses

Who is Keyser? Do you mean Creighton Fraker (sp?) or someone else? I wonder if they will change some of the rules - Jimmy was saying they should for Eben I think.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Who is Keyser? Do you mean Creighton Fraker (sp?) or someone else? I wonder if they will change some of the rules - Jimmy was saying they should for Eben I think.
Look 'up thread' for Johnny Keyser. Sunny posted quite a bit about him early on. The buzz is that people are trying to figure out why he didn't at least make top 24 with a few different rumors circulating, such as he didn't get along with producers, to he knew he would be over shadowed by PP and will be brought back next season, which by the current rules he can.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM

360 posts, read 992,960 times
I watched the show for the first time last night. Could someone please send Steven Tyler a thesaurus?

Or perhaps that Jimmy guy could sit down with all the "judges" and give them a few pointers on how to make succinct, meaningful comments about performances.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Come on - Steven is known for his tylerisms! I think he has made some worthy observations thus far. Watch his extensive interview with Oprah on OWN via youtube, and you will see him do a hysterical brit imitation of Simon. He didn't want to even take Idol if he had to be blatantly mean. You can't please all of the people all of the time, because many have welcomed the more gentle touch of the current judges and many hated Simons stinging put downs and admitted boredom of sitting in his chair. Jimmy gives a nice balance.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
I hate that this year you have to sign on with your Facebook to vote for American Idol on line. I won't do it, not with the terms you have to sign to give them permission to view your information at any time they want!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I hate that this year you have to sign on with your Facebook to vote for American Idol on line. I won't do it, not with the terms you have to sign to give them permission to view your information at any time they want!

I didnt know that but I checked and you're right. Bummer. I agree about being able to vote online only through Facebook. The more Facebook gets in my face, the less I like it.

From the American Idol website:

http://www.americanidol.com/faq/

How do I vote?

There are three ways for you to vote for your next American Idol: (1) Toll-free Voting; (2) AT&T Text Voting (SMS); and (3) Online Voting at www.AmericanIdol.com as described below.

1) Toll-free Voting: Each contestant will be assigned his or her own toll-free number during the performance show each Wednesday (except for the first week of the competition, the performance shows will air Tuesday February 28 and Wednesday February 29). To vote, simply watch American Idol on FOX each week (see local listings for dates/times in your area) and dial the telephone number of the contestant for whom you wish to vote.

(2) AT&T Text Voting: Each contestant will be assigned his or her own SMS/text message short code number each Wednesday (except for the first week of the competition, the performance shows will air Tuesday February 28 and Wednesday February 29). AT&T wireless customers only may text the word ‘VOTE’ to the 4 digit short code numbers promoted for each contestant. Only send the word ‘VOTE’ to the 4 digit short code numbers you see on screen, you cannot send a text message to the toll-free numbers.

(3) Online Voting: If you have a Facebook account you can also vote online at www.AmericanIdol.com.

Voting will open at the end of each performance show. If voting by toll-free or text messaging, during the show you just need to note the number of the contestant you want to vote for and then call or text after the show is over. You will have at least 2 hours to cast your votes. Online voting is limited to 50 votes per account ID, per performance show, and closes 2 hours after the Hawaii broadcast.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Yeah that was irritating - I don't even have Facebook.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:46 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:

Oh cool I missed who they were singing but think I heard them say Mary J Blige is the celeb mentor. I'm looking forward to the Stevie Wonder songs and Mary J. Darn - Reed would have been great doing Stevie.
Stevie is very hard to sing. As good as they are, this may be a tough week for the guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

At least Simon's new show lets you vote by Twitter DM to a specific Twitter account for each contestant so you don't have to share a dang thing other than your twitter handle, which is meaningless.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:52 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Also hearing Jill about DeAndre
They chose him because of his hair. He flings it around (INTENTIONALLY) and the little girls swoon. They know who their audience is. The only reason the wee ones didn't put him through to begin with was because they didn't know that song and he sang the whole thing in his falsetto voice, which is very off-putting, but he'll change that up now, for sure. Man, I just cannot stand that kid.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make my prediction early: Elise wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV