Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times

Advertisements

Why watch? Here's the the top 5

5. The biracial guy with the "fierce" hair.
4. Holly C.
3. Jessica Sanchez
2. The Asian guy
1. Phillip Phillips

I'm sure that Phillip guy is gonna win. All the little girs are gonna call over and over. I think people will get tired of Jessica. She seems to lack humility, Holly has that (well I'm not saying that's who they are, but that's how they look like to the viewers) What I don't know is if he will have a career. Lately those winners are getting nowhere unless they do country, like since Jordan won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Pia was not the best singer ever on the competition. I really don't understand why people were so sad or angry to see her go since she was always so predictable and boring. Even the judges told her. And many people deserved to win last year.
By the way, I thought Pia had had a record deal. Has anyone heard about her???

As for country music, it's really popular, and it's good music, with lots of talented people. Scotty was not my favorite but he can sing, and now has a great career. Good for him.
It would be ridiculous to have a separate contest - or in that case, we should have a rock idol, pop idol, r'n'b idol, jazz idol etc etc etc
Pia like McFee was not likeble. They look stuck up. Too perfect. Again I'm not saying that's who they are in real life, but that's how they are percieved. AI audience likes women that look average. Big voices with looks don't mix well.

I did find both very boring, but I prefer unique voices over technical perfection.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Lately those winners are getting nowhere unless they do country, like since Jordan won.

Just because you arent aware of what they're doing doesnt mean they're not successful and happy. Many AI winners have very successful careers releasing albums and touring. Many more finalists have very good careers on Broadway. Many other performers, who may not even have gotten into the Top 10, are singing on cruise ships and apparently very happy to perform in that venue.

There are websites that explain what all the finalists over the years are currently doing. Reading them might change your attitude about how these people are "going nowhere".

Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Oh no - this article says P2 has had 5 instances of kidney stones since October! That's a lot - and he's so young. I hope he can stay through the series. 'Idol' fave's performance fuels more health worries - msnNOW

Old 03-09-2012, 03:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Oh no - this article says P2 has had 5 instances of kidney stones since October! That's a lot - and he's so young. I hope he can stay through the series. 'Idol' fave's performance fuels more health worries - msnNOW
He will be fine, as long as he able to pass them out. Kidney stones do not relate to someones age. My partner has them lot probably passes over 100 a year. He just need to change his diet like give up on peanut butter, chocolate and tea.
Phillip can manage.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Just because you arent aware of what they're doing doesnt mean they're not successful and happy. Many AI winners have very successful careers releasing albums and touring. Many more finalists have very good careers on Broadway. Many other performers, who may not even have gotten into the Top 10, are singing on cruise ships and apparently very happy to perform in that venue.

There are websites that explain what all the finalists over the years are currently doing. Reading them might change your attitude about how these people are "going nowhere".
You are assuming, First I didn't say they were not happy, where did you get that? Second I do have an idea of what they are doing.

Besides, I'm talking about winners not finalists. And yes many are very very unpromoted and forgotten by most people. Lately it's gotten worse. Most people don't even remember Chris Allen, Cookie and Lee DeWyze won American idol. I only remember hearing one of Cookie's song on the radio after that, nothing. Chris and Lee I never heard them on the radio. Sorry but it's obvious 19 Entertainment is not promoting them and the producers are more interested in the ratings that in actually making a singer a pop star. And I don't think singing at cruiseships or doing backup singing is the kind of success an American Idol winner had in mind.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Most people don't even remember Chris Allen, Cookie and Lee DeWyze won American idol. I only remember hearing one of Cookie's song on the radio after that, nothing. Chris and Lee I never heard them on the radio. Sorry but it's obvious 19 Entertainment is not promoting them and the producers are more interested in the ratings that in actually making a singer a pop star. And I don't think singing at cruiseships or doing backup singing is the kind of success an American Idol winner had in mind.

Again, just because you arent aware of what the former winners are doing doesnt mean they arent having successful careers. I dont define "successful" as "mega-star". Kris Allen has a great career and so do David Cook and Lee De Wyze.

If you want to take the time to educate yourself on this subject, the following is a good place to start:

List of American Idol finalists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
I haven't seen any chatter about Jermaine Jones who has a very unique wonderful sound. We are rooting for him I think the duet he did with the cowboy (Ritchie Law) was incredible and could be released as a CD. And I think Ritchie should have stayed jermaine jones duet - Bing Videos
If he picks the right song next week he could be the stand out...I am rooting for him to pull it out.

So far I see them keeping Jessica, P2, Holly, skylar, jermaine, the kid with the Michael Bolton hair.... what # do they cut it down to next week?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes, there has been discussion about Jermaine. Several of us have posted, especially earlier in the competition, how much we like him.

Who knows how many they'll be eliminating next week? They seem to make up the rules as they go along.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
I confess that my natural tendency is to think like Princess is - out of sight, out of mind - I figure they just go back to their old lives and move on. It used to be that if somebody was anybody that everybody knew about it. Fame is different now, though - it comes in so many different shapes, sizes and specialized segments. TFW brings up excellent points - just because I haven't followed these kids and their faces/names aren't plastered all over mainstream media, doesn't mean they aren't out there doing their thing, selling albums, and developing a fan base that will fill concert venues. Many of them don't go back to their old lives - they have the opportunity to pursue a career in music that they might not have had without Idol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV