U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,440,672 times
I wanna know - I like to know who to watch out for. Thanks texas!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 AM

10,428 posts, read 8,460,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
I wanna know - I like to know who to watch out for. Thanks texas!

I do too! And I'm especially fascinated when I see someone audition who's awesome and yet I know he/she isnt in the Top 24. That makes me want to watch the Hollywood shows even more to see what happened to that person.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,853,406 times
IDK about the possible new talent (too early to call) and I don't like to look ahead...

BUT MR. TYLER SURE LOOKED F.I.N.E. in his white shirt and tie

Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Status: " Love is Freedom, Love is Equal, Love Conquers Hate" (set 7 days ago)

21,915 posts, read 38,841,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
That guy is really good, SunnyK... I must have been out of the room, I missed him.

After watching a lot of old Idol videos, I think I know what the secret is to win -- a lot of them have good voices -- but if they don't sing a song everyone else knows and can sing along to, they may not get the votes. That seems to be the constant when it comes down to the final voting.

Are we done with auditions yet? When is Hollywood week?
And yeah - AI producers can't figure out why the numbers are down. Too many sob stories, not enough real auditions. We need lots of great voices and a few groaners. No stories till they go through Hollywood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
SunnyK, I agree! Johnny may just be the next American idol. The next guy who they let through wasn't nearly as good, even though he had a back story that gained the judges' sympathy (being bullied in school).

And Syra, I have thought the same thing. People talk about their obligations to their kids/spouse/family members, but they do seem to be mobile enough to go to a faraway audition.

With the girl who sang the Adele song, Jennifer commented "I didn't need the song right now." What song was it? What was it about? I'm assuming something about a breakup since maybe the auditions were when JLo was breaking up with her husband?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Finally we had someone incredible on stage during auditions. This hunk is who I am pulling for. What a great voice.
Johhny Keyser from Pompano Beach Florida

Johnny Keyser cover of 'More Than Anyone' by Gavin DeGraw - YouTube

Johnny Keyser Promises ‘Change Is Gonna Come’ on ‘American Idol’

Looks like we have the next American Idol
You know when people apply for jobs and they say your over qualified.
That's Johnny. I cannot see anyone competing on his level.
Its like how Scotty was last season, we all knew he was really good and kinda figure he would win and sure enough. Only difference as Scotty genre is polarizing, you either like or not like country, however Johnny appeases everyone

Idol needs to set it self apart from these other singing contest shows and have the best of the best competing and not these mediocre they are sending through.

Another thing I thought about last night IMO in why male singers win idol is because they know they can sell more idol concert tickets with the female teen audience.
Cowgirl I just love love this cover song. Johnny needs to release it now.
I want it for Valentines, it gives me chills too especially when he hits that high note.
I probably will know all the words by then, I think I already played it 21 times. 'Im going to love you more than anyone'

Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 PM

5,566 posts, read 6,847,083 times
I totally missed Thursday night's show as I was taping two other things in the same time slot and wasn't home. Looking forward to Hollywood week!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM

7,851 posts, read 12,258,836 times
...................... and look how cute he is, too.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 PM

I thought today was Tuesday and missed the first half of Hollywood week tonight. For anyone else who might have missed part, or all, of the show, here's a good recap. One oversight, though: if I read it correctly, it indicates that Johnny Keyser didnt make it through tonight's round. He definitely did make it through tonight, although I'm not so crazy about his overly-confident attitude. Other sites stated he didnt make it through tonight, as well -- I wonder why.

'American Idol,' Season 11, Episode 7, Hollywood Week: TV Recap - Speakeasy - WSJ

Here's a good video of Johnny's and Heejun Han's performances tonight. Heejun is pretty funny:

http://www.wetpaint.com/american-ido...-on-february-8

And the link I posted earlier, with the Final 24, has apparently been changed or deleted. Here are even better links with photos and bios of the Final 24. Its amazing how many of them have tried out for previous seasons of the show:

Last edited by TFW46; 02-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Posted the links in Spoiler Mode so no one will accidentally click on them.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:00 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,818,026 times
Was quite an ending on tonight's show.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Was quite an ending on tonight's show.

I agree.

Spoiler
She fainted and fell off the stage. They used her fall to get people to tune in tomorrow night. I thought that was cheesy, to say the least.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,818,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree.

Spoiler
She fainted and fell off the stage. They used her fall to get people to tune in tomorrow night. I thought that was cheesy, to say the least.
Yep.

Spoiler
I mean, the credit roll went on just after that! Seriously?? "We need a medic!" Tune in tomorrow to find out her fate!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV