Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,652,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
OMG. No, he doesnt look anything like Bruce Jenner.

I think he's gained a little weight and it's changed the shape of his face just a bit. He was always on the thin side and I think he looks great now.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 AM

36,363 posts, read 15,966,120 times
I hope they bring back Jermaine! Lots of talent this season!!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,335,632 times
Next week IDOL will be on THREE nights:

Tuesday: BOYS
Wednesday: GIRLS
Thursday: RESULTS

Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,338,908 times
Quote:
I suspect so too. Jermaine has a magnificent voice and I was surprised that he didnt get through. I figured it was because he doesnt "look" like a idol. Looks werent so important to the original judges (after the first season) but they seem to be important to the current panel.

Jermaine could have a definite following on the show, though. And, after seeing how much time they devoted to him last night, I think we were being set up for his inclusion.

One other thing...I enjoy country music but I was surprised to see how many country singers are in the Final 24. After all the broohaha over last year's two country finalists, I think the country singers this year may be eliminated early on.
The look may be on girls side but the guys side most look scruffy. Also some may not like country but Idol has produced two country idols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Hmmmm---so next week they are bringing in a rejected guy to make 13 guys? I have my theory about who it will be out of the four possibilities they showed! They did something similar on the X Factor---brought back a female whom Simon had rejected and then thought better of it. (She won the competition.) This is going to get old if they always do this---it won't be much of a surprise!
That is exactly what is going on here, they both shows run on same format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I'm convinced it is Johnny Keyser and that's why we didn't see much/anything about his elimination....
Me too and the things posted on his Facebook page kinda add up.
On his FB wall on one of his fans ask if it was him and his dad said we cant say. I checked his dads FB page and it has him located in Hollywood and one of his dads likes is Idol chatter.

As you mention we didnt get to see Johnny group perform in Vegas, Johnny on his FB page said he was going to Illinois to sing National Anthem then he later posted he wasnt instead was chilling in hottub or practicing. He and his dad just went to Nashville.
Here an interview he just gave, He getting alot of exposure for a voted off contestant. Idol Chat: 14 of the Top 24 Revealed | FOX2now.com
Also FauX news reporter questions seem crafted

As mention this same thing XFactor did and Idol loves drama so they spiced it up by doing it this way.
If you guys remember JLO and Randy said he was going to be a Star during his audition.
His had over 2,000 friends come aboard on his FB page with just auditions and they know Johnny will attract Idol targeted audience, sales and fill up seats at Idol concerts. As Johnny is like the Elvis to Idol fan base.

So I have no doubt its Johnny, but I was liking competition without him as he over qualified. I predicted Scotty was going to be Idol last season and Johnny will be same unless they pull Adam Lambert on him.

You would think I would be ecstatic but I am not as I thought we have good competitors this year without Johnny.
My vote will be going to Chelsea Sortell as she beautiful, sweet and from my state the Idol winner maker state of North Carolina

Johnny already has a huge fan base they will carry him through.
Idol loves drama and we have seen alot already, I wonder what there next stunt will be to attract viewers and create buzz around water coolers.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM

IDOL has often had wildcards in past seasons. They're just presenting it differently this time.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 AM

302 posts, read 579,305 times
I hope its Jermaine, but I'm thinking its going to be David Leathers. That kid is marketable. He's got a little Michael Jackson vibe going on.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM

There are a lot of internet rumors (none confirmed) that the wildcard spot is going to Johnny.

But think about this...Johnny didnt make it into the Final 42 and didnt have to do the "Sing for Your Life" performance on the water stage of La Reve. So is it fair that he should get to just skip into the Top 24?

I know that not much about IDOL is fair -- but I think the wildcard will be one of the three who actually did sing for his life.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I hope its Jermaine, but I'm thinking its going to be David Leathers. That kid is marketable. He's got a little Michael Jackson vibe going on.
I agree with judges last night Eban did sing better and has a better speaking voice. I do think David would attract a certain group with his young MJ voice. I also would pull for David being another NC native.

Quote:
There are a lot of internet rumors (none confirmed) that the wildcard spot is going to Johnny.

But think about this...Johnny didnt make it into the Final 42 and didnt have to do the "Sing for Your Life" performance on the water stage of La Reve. So is it fair that he should get to just skip into the Top 24?

I know that not much about IDOL is fair -- but I think the wildcard will be one of the three who actually did sing for his life.
Is it fair? no. But Idol seems to have history of doing what creates most buzz to increase its ratings.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/431212_2658601187810_1339303249_1944167_703793257_ n.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-24-2012 at 08:38 AM..

Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 AM

251 posts, read 570,490 times
Yeah, they've done the whole wildcard thing before. I think last year it was actually Scotty McCreery-the winner.

Anyway, anybody have any spoiler links to who the 13th guys is?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitylove View Post
Yeah, they've done the whole wildcard thing before. I think last year it was actually Scotty McCreery-the winner.

Anyway, anybody have any spoiler links to who the 13th guys is?

There arent any spoiler links yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV