Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 08:01 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,859,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
There are a lot of internet rumors (none confirmed) that the wildcard spot is going to Johnny.

But think about this...Johnny didnt make it into the Final 42 and didnt have to do the "Sing for Your Life" performance on the water stage of La Reve. So is it fair that he should get to just skip into the Top 24?

I know that not much about IDOL is fair -- but I think the wildcard will be one of the three who actually did sing for his life.

I also think it would be unfair for it to be Johnny after everyone else had to do the work and be under the stress. Wasn't he one of the ones shown out in the pool saying everyone else was all stressed but they were relaxing in the pool? It was my feeling they didn't show much about him being eliminated because he seemed kind of arrogant in that clip. JMHO

Should be a great season...lots of talent this year!

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 02-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Additional point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,773,319 times
Thumbs up I really hope that it is Johnny that gets selected as #13

I think that he will make the show much more exciting this season !!!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,330,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I also think it would be unfair for it to be Johnny after everyone else had to do the work and be under the stress. Wasn't he one of the ones shown out in the pool saying everyone else was all stressed but they were relaxing in the pool? It was my feeling they didn't show much about him being eliminated because he seemed kind of arrogant in that clip.

That relaxing-in-the-pool-scene has been rumored to have reflected very poorly on Johnny and was supposedly one of the reasons that he was eliminated. It's been reported, as well, that, after not being concerned about rehearsing, he had a very poor performance. And the third straw was his continuing to perform when that girl in his group fainted.

But IDOL is all about publicity, whether bad or good. It wouldnt be "fair" to bring him back and it would, understandably, result in tension among the other contestants -- but I could see IDOL doing just that.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,334,083 times
I think the producers manufactured to let the viewers believe the hot tub scene led to their decision.
I found on Idol site the group scene Johnny was in. In this performance he did ok but he only a small solo in the group performance. I thought Aubrey was the best of that group.
The clip is video 16 of 20 called 'Wake Up Little Susie' Be My Baby - Vegas performances - American Idol (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_11/vegas_performances/ - broken link)

Remember when I posted he was going to sing national anthem and posted where he was going later that day then later in the day, thanks to AI editing he posted he was not going and was going to end up chilling in hot tub or practicing.. He was really going.

AI love to find ways to create buzz about it show. I am sure during top 24 we are going to have another shocker. It would be cool with talent this year the top 12 all have successful careers.

The national anthem

Johnny Keyser - YouTube

Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,769,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I suspect so too. Jermaine has a magnificent voice and I was surprised that he didnt get through. I figured it was because he doesnt "look" like a idol. Looks werent so important to the original judges (after the first season) but they seem to be important to the current panel.

Jermaine could have a definite following on the show, though. And, after seeing how much time they devoted to him last night, I think we were being set up for his inclusion.

One other thing...I enjoy country music but I was surprised to see how many country singers are in the Final 24. After all the broohaha over last year's two country finalists, I think the country singers this year may be eliminated early on.
I've been bored with it, i thought way to much drama this year. I didn't even notice that there were alot of country singers. That makes me happy, i love country.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:39 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,859,798 times
Here is a link I found with a spoiler for the contestant that they say will be brought back. I have no idea how reliable it is. Can't wait to see who it is!

American Idol 2012 Spoilers: Will Johnny Keyser, David Leathers, Richie Law, or Jermaine Jones Join the Top 24? - American Idol

Old 02-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Here is a link I found with a spoiler for the contestant that they say will be brought back. I have no idea how reliable it is.

BLESS YOU!! I'd say it's pretty reliable!!! Many other spoiler sites are saying the same thing! And also about the 13th female finalist, as well.

Spoiler
I had thought (and hoped) it would be Jermaine. We were being set up for him to come back, just by the amount of time they devoted to his being cut. If it is him, I'm SO happy for him!!

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...d-spoilers.htm

Last edited by TFW46; 02-26-2012 at 06:33 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Heehjun Han's twitters are very funny (no surprise there):

Twitter

Check out the tweeter photos on his page:

Deandre with his hair hanging into a bowl and Heejun tweeting "WOOOO NOODLE FOR LUNCH!!"

Colton sleeping and Heejun with scissors, tweeting "DONT FALL ASLEEP FRONT OF ASIAN MAN"

Last edited by TFW46; 02-26-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM

251 posts, read 570,456 times
OH my GOSH. i just read a couple of different interviews with Heejun, one from the New York Post.
I was laughing and crying from his answers. What a cool kid.
The things that caught me most off guard was that his family didn't even know he could sing, and he tried out for AI so he could get publicity and money for the organization he works for.
Makes me an even bigger fan

Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,512,649 times
Stand out for me Colton Dixon & Phil Phillips maybe Jessica Sanchez.....maybe....but I think it's the boys turn again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV