Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 03:39 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,335,632 times

Advertisements

Duh! I just figured out who PP is. I've been thinking of him as Phil2.

Love, love, love the 1974 clip of Steven.

I agree about Deandre and his hair. Does anyone remember Sanjaya Malakar from Season 6, in 2007 (the year that Jordin Sparks won over Blake Lewis -- I call it the forgotten season). Sanjaya was a very weak singer but his hair (especially the faux-hawk) kept him on the show for many weeks longer than his voice. It was the topic of more water-cooler discussion than anyone/anything else that season. And AI knows that translates into publicity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/04/ar...watc.html?_r=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM

18,936 posts, read 11,543,792 times
Honestly, I was thinking of Sanjaya when Hee Jun burst onto the scene. He seems like a 'vote for the worst' kinda guy to me. Granted he is better than Sanjaya but I still don't see what the judges and some of you guys see in Hee Jun.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Honestly, I was thinking of Sanjaya when Hee Jun burst onto the scene. He seems like a 'vote for the worst' kinda guy to me. Granted he is better than Sanjaya but I still don't see what the judges and some of you guys see in Hee Jun.

I think it's that he looks one way but he sounds another way -- like Clay Aiken in the early AI Season 2 shows (before he got all "spiked" up). If you close your eyes, you may hear how lovely Hee Jun's voice really is (in my opinion anyway).

As I said earlier, I've changed my mind about how far he can go in this competition -- but that doesnt mean I dont recognize his talent. I'm also enchanted by his story...he never sang in front of his family or anyone else before now. And he does have a great sense of humor. I know none of that matters in a "singing" contest but it's why he appeals to me and, I suspect, why he appeals to so many voters.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM

251 posts, read 570,456 times
Quote:
OH YEAH! The whole Vote for the Worst Movement. I forgot about them for a minute.
Although, I don't think Heejun is there now b/c of VFTW. I think it's because he has a good (not great) voice with a lot of potential and a killer personality and sense of humor. So he does have tons of fans behind him regardless of his less than stellar vocals.
I'm sure he won't be around for long, but I will enjoy every minute he is, just because he's entertaining.
Then again, VFTW might have him there for quite a while.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM

I'm definitely staying open to being won over by Hee Jun - we'll see if he's there long enough to do that . He does have a jump on Sanjaya in terms of vocal ability - and I agree that he has a good personality and quirky sense of humor. Oh and Trinity, I think you're right that he's there because of sincere votes in his favor and not as a VFTW joke.

How're we all gonna last til Tuesday without more Idol?

Holy cow some crazy sounding thunder out there!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:

LOL! I agree! We need a support group to get us through these AI withdrawals.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,234,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Duh! I just figured out who PP is. I've been thinking of him as Phil2.

Love, love, love the 1974 clip of Steven.

I agree about Deandre and his hair. Does anyone remember Sanjaya Malakar from Season 6, in 2007 (the year that Jordin Sparks won over Blake Lewis -- I call it the forgotten season). Sanjaya was a very weak singer but his hair (especially the faux-hawk) kept him on the show for many weeks longer than his voice. It was the topic of more water-cooler discussion than anyone/anything else that season. And AI knows that translates into publicity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/04/ar...watc.html?_r=1
I think that's when Vote For The Worst started. At least Deandre has a decent voice. IMHO, David Leathers was better than Ebon. David can try again next year. Agree with everyone about facebook. It's not secure. Elise is my favorite.

Last edited by tigerlily; 03-02-2012 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM

251 posts, read 570,456 times
Quote:
I'm definitely staying open to being won over by Hee Jun - we'll see if he's there long enough to do that . He does have a jump on Sanjaya in terms of vocal ability - and I agree that he has a good personality and quirky sense of humor. Oh and Trinity, I think you're right that he's there because of sincere votes in his favor and not as a VFTW joke.

Holy cow some crazy sounding thunder out there!
are you in the area with all the tornado outbreaks?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM

LOL TFW! A support group sounds about right for us

Trinity, no I'm on the edge of the outer stormy part of the tornado path in Pittsburgh, PA. The lightning and thunder stopped now and it's just raining. But the thunder sounded so odd - hard to describe but unlike the kinds of thunder I'm used to. I guess we're supposed to get storms through the night so I might end up shutting this thing down if it comes through again.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Stay safe, toosie! what you described sounds like tornado activity to me. My company has an office in Pittsburgh and I hear the weather can turn bad very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV