U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 AM

9,748 posts, read 4,394,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
YES! Firewheel! Woohoo!! 8pm EST! Set your dvr's if you can't watch! I am so excited!

Glad they changed it and made it earlier--!

I'm happy about it too!

Thanks for the "reminder" guys, because I didn't know it was on tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM

22,087 posts, read 40,191,676 times
Ok after all the other singing shows last year, the original is the best.
The Voice, X factor, and The Sing off do not bring interest in the way Idol does.

Tonight, Im glad to see another North Carolina resident make it thru.
The girl who sang with her brother who audition last year but the brother didnt register.
She would not have made it through if it wasnt for him and it messed up she made it thru by her non regisred brother singing.

Also what up with that dude from another country singing. This American Idol. Americans should only audition.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM

541 posts, read 503,025 times
Ok. Although I'm tuned in, getting so tired of the casting/scripting on AI. It's the same thing year after year. They found a formula and America falls for it every year:

Chunky, yet muscular white guy who sings ok, expecting a baby.

Several blond, adorable white girls with a twang/drawl to their voice.

Quirky black girl who sings and has spunk.

Homeless person who just needs a break.

Young kid who sings and reminds the judges of Michael Jackson.

There are several more typically cast contestants who will make their appearance over the next couple of weeks. But we've seen them all before.

Predictable and Boring.

And yes, I'm still watching....

Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM

10,574 posts, read 9,004,895 times
The auditions are never as interesting (in my opinion) as the rest of the show. But I like them because I like getting a head start on who I want to watch...like Phillip Phillips Jr, the last person who auditioned tonight.

And, to those who say the people who audition are predictable and boring, I say those are the kind of people who try out for every performance show. It's to American Idol's credit that it can come up with an interesting show after all the auditions have been processed. And it is interesting -- because American Idol, like no other show, knows how to make it so.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 PM

3,195 posts, read 1,341,199 times
I agree Texasfirewheel. I'm so excited that the next season is underway. Let the games begin!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,976,724 times
OMG it seemed like just yesterday but it's Steven Tyler time again and he's engaged Wonder how his young-ins feel about Erin sucking up their inheritance From his ET interview I gather they aren't pleased. I hope he takes that long engagement he mentioned.

I recorded the first ep and so will just fast forward through all the garbage real soon.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 AM

10,574 posts, read 9,004,895 times
Here are a couple of blogs about Wednesday night's auditions:

American Idol: The king is back | Tubular | a Chron.com blog

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ns-in-georgia/

And here's a spoiler identifying the Top 42:

http://realityrewind.com/american-id...vealed-351538/

Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 AM

17,253 posts, read 20,348,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm bailing on both of them as the shows arent that great and seem to be just a platform to air way too many commercials..
Come to think of it i've kinda lost interest in all the reality shows as they are just becoming the "same old" "been there done that"
If Idol still had Paula and Simon i might watch,the X factor does have Paula and Simon but the show just doesnt do it for me,too much contrived melodrama,too few artists due to too many commercials.
We DVR all the shows we watch, so we skip the commercials.
I don't like XFactor either...too much blah blah, and not enough performing. I did like the way they included more age groups, etc.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 AM

1,462 posts, read 845,189 times
I still enjoy AI----they seem to find four or five really talented people every year who go to have success in the music industry.

I know Ryan Seacrest takes a lot of ribbing and kidding----some people dont like him, but I agree with a lot of others that he holds the whole show together----he is an excellent host and has done a really solid job for Idol.

Their have been rumors that the new producers may not want to pay him what he has been making the past couple of years----his contract is up after this year, and rumors abound that they will attempt to slash his salary.

Nygel Lithcoe clarified it yesterday that he will make sure that Seacrest returns----that he also is not sure if the show would do nearly as well without him.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 AM

906 posts, read 844,732 times
Maybe it's just me, but for a split second at the beginning when they showed the first contestant, the 17yr old who looked like he was 12, him standing there with the sunglasses on , I thought, oh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV