Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm convinced P2 is stoned out of his mind every week.
Very interesting. I never thought of it, but now that you mentioned it... anyway, he is still one very sexy dude even if he's a stoner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The problem with Elise she's not just older - she's an older woman. Adam was 27 when he competed and it made no difference.
and she's not pretty. Pretty makes up for age sometimes.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times
Wow - good for Hollie! I'm not normally a Hollie fan, but I totally enjoyed the Adele song, loved her dark outfit (instead of the usual white or baby-blue) and she seemed so much more relaxed and enjoying the song. Props to her.

Now, Colton OTOH - Really? EW&F September? What were they thinking!

Jessica was good like she always is. Another technical singer.

My girl Elise is slacking again. I thought it was interesting when she said she was used to singing longer songs, kinda goes along with the jazz singer image I have of her. And boo to Ryan for trying to capitalize on her sick doggie. I noticed she came unnerved just for a second then had to push it off.

And Skylar, good job on the country version of Born This Way! Although I do have an aversion to country music, I gotta admit - this one was enjoyable and the girl does know how to play to an audience.

P2 - loved him.
Joshua - not so much.

Last edited by NMNan; 04-19-2012 at 07:36 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 AM

I know you all hate JLO, but I really like her. I thought she gave great advice last night.

Do you think Steven T has a crush on Elise?

I loved that Fantasia song, so I replayed Joshua twice. Even if he's not my type of singer he is amazingly good at what he does.

I haven't had an AI crush since Danny Gokey. Now it's P2. I feel so cougarish

I am starting to doubt my ears. Everyone here seems to rave about Skylar, but I just hear screaming twang when she sings. Am I the only one? I literally have to fast forward thru her songs. What am I missing?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Post of the month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I know you all hate JLO, but I really like her. I thought she gave great advice last night.

Do you think Steven T has a crush on Elise?
I like JLo - not a rabid fan but she's fine. Didn't like that dress last night, though.

I was thinking something similar about Steven and Elise! She's a little over familiar with all the pros and last night something about her took me back to the days when certain girls at my school slept with the art teacher I hope he leaves her alone!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,281 times
I watched the show again this morning. I jumped over the performances I didn't like to watch Hollie's first song, both of P2's songs, which were just wow, Skylar and Joshua.
I like Colton, I'm just not a fan of his brand.
Jessica... she just lays flat with me. I didn't care for her song choices.
She kinda reminds me of country singer Holly Dunn. Years ago when she was on the rise she had big hit with the song "Daddy's Hands"
I saw her being interviewed on tv and she was asked if she wrote "Daddy's hands". Her reply was no, it's just a song. That's the last we heard from Holly Dunn.

For me, if there is a separation between the singer and a song, it's not worth my time and I see that in JS.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 AM

474 posts, read 905,406 times
Colton was horrible. The Christian punk thing is comical to me.

Elise is good and her music taste is strong but she can't win. Acts older than she is which is a problem for the voters. I disagreed with the judges about her 2nd song. I thought she did a nice job.

Phillip was good as usual, but I am tiring of him. He always sounds the same.

Skylar was very strong and improving. Nice country-fied version of "grapevine."

Joshua is too dramatic for my taste but I respect what he can do.

Jessica's 1st was terrific, but she overpowered her 2nd. I am dazzled by her ability, but starting to understand why she might not connect with the dumb voters. She has almost no movement on stage.

Hollie was good, and I think it was gutsy to sink Adele. The judges finally are respecting her a bit.

I think JLo is a decent judge, but I otherwise can't stand her. Her ass is huge. It is funny to hear her criticize Idol singers like Elise for not showing vulnerability when JLo's music is completely throwaway pop music/dance.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Default Steven's farewell song...

Home Tonight-Aerosmith - YouTube

that plays through his head on Thursday nights lol! Just need to change I'll to you'll.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
After last night, I was finally motivated to vote for Hollie again under my free will since she sang "The Power of Love". That was her best performance yet, possibly the best from this season.

Jess is a good singer, her high notes are way too sharp, as she screams some notes. Not very good for my ears. Way too over rated.

My wife, Skylar tanked "Born this Way" during the first round but redeemed herself after singing "I Heard it Through the Grapevine".

I could see P2, Colton, and Elise or Joshua visiting the Stools O' Shame. I'm hoping that P2 will get bumped off, as he bores me with his copy and paste performances, and I almost fell asleep.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
I love JLO.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV