U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
 
575 posts, read 197,079 times
Reputation: 443

Advertisements

So if you were 30 and had lost your job and health insurance and couldn't get another job which means you couldn't afford to live on your own, your dear parent's would turn their back on you because you are too old to come home? What a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
 
Location: gazing @ the Blue Ridge Mountains
9,969 posts, read 6,994,126 times
Reputation: 13763
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
So if you were 30 and had lost your job and health insurance and couldn't get another job which means you couldn't afford to live on your own, your dear parent's would turn their back on you because you are too old to come home? What a shame.
exactly! Plus I could have sworn I heard her dad say she is a grad student;which-to me-would imply she's spending most of her time and money AT school.
I fail to see why this has become the main focus of the episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
 
12,712 posts, read 8,173,772 times
Reputation: 18920
ANYway, I thought it was surprising in a lot of ways because, well, Gary Busey is a little hard to take, even though he seems to be a really good person. But all of them were so open-minded about each other and that is what amazed me. No eye-rolling about being together in past lives, no friction about gay marriage, even though they didn't agree. And now we know that there are 3 women who can hold their own with Gary Busey--his fiancee, Ivanka Trump and the preacher's wife!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
 
575 posts, read 197,079 times
Reputation: 443
I guess the show didn't have it's usual conflicts so I wonder if the overall impression was positive nationwide or did the public miss having the tacky drama it usually has. I found it very inspirational all the way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,490 posts, read 1,249,025 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
So if you were 30 and had lost your job and health insurance and couldn't get another job which means you couldn't afford to live on your own, your dear parent's would turn their back on you because you are too old to come home? What a shame.
I already stated that i thought it was not normal UNLESS something catastrophic that happened to the 30 year old... and the scenario you described fall into the catastrophic category. So I'm not sure why you would bring that up and ignore what I said to make a point... What a shame.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 01-06-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,490 posts, read 1,249,025 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly! Plus I could have sworn I heard her dad say she is a grad student;which-to me-would imply she's spending most of her time and money AT school.
I fail to see why this has become the main focus of the episode.
This has not become a focus of this episode...

I agreed with the poster who said they thought it was strange she lived at home. Then Posters began to tell me how i was wrong because i thought it was strange. I didn't start with any of you all and say how crazy you were that you think it's ok... So I'm not sure how thats considered to be us focusing on it when we didn't start the discussion with anyone else. You chimed in questioning me... So I'm confused? I simply expressed my opinion and was then ridiculed for it not being the opinion of others. Heaven for bid someone have opinions that don't agree with the masses... I guess that's not allowed on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
43,861 posts, read 27,529,913 times
Reputation: 58119
For me personally, it was just painful to watch. I don't do well with 'Jesus' scandals. Its understandable that people will have them, but to throw it all out there seems less than remorseful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
 
575 posts, read 197,079 times
Reputation: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
This has not become a focus of this episode...

I agreed with the poster who said they thought it was strange she lived at home. Then Posters began to tell me how i was wrong because i thought it was strange. I didn't start with any of you all and say how crazy you were that you think it's ok... So I'm not sure how thats considered to be us focusing on it when we didn't start the discussion with anyone else. You chimed in questioning me... So I'm confused? I simply expressed my opinion and was then ridiculed for it not being the opinion of others. Heaven for bid someone have opinions that don't agree with the masses... I guess that's not allowed on this thread.
I apologize. Been there too so I get it...just wasn't sure what would be considered "catastrophic"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,490 posts, read 1,249,025 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
I apologize. Been there too so I get it...just wasn't sure what would be considered "catastrophic"
Thanks and I accept although it was just a misunderstanding so no need.

Water under the bridge now...

It's great when adults can communicate through misunderstandings. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:49 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 1,563,224 times
Reputation: 3368
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
For me personally, it was just painful to watch. I don't do well with 'Jesus' scandals. Its understandable that people will have them, but to throw it all out there seems less than remorseful.
Well it's been 5 years, and I'm not sure what you mean by "throw(ing) it all out there." I don't doubt that part of their motivation in doing the show was to promote Gayle's book but I also can kind of understand why they would want to show the world that the scandal didn't destroy them & that they have moved on.

Gosh...never thought I would find myself saying anything remotely positive about Ted Haggard. That whole scandal was a source of major amusement for me for years, and still is to some degree. But I don't think he needs to keep apologizing or letting his family live in shame after all this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top