Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM

574 posts, read 1,064,775 times

Advertisements

So if you were 30 and had lost your job and health insurance and couldn't get another job which means you couldn't afford to live on your own, your dear parent's would turn their back on you because you are too old to come home? What a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
So if you were 30 and had lost your job and health insurance and couldn't get another job which means you couldn't afford to live on your own, your dear parent's would turn their back on you because you are too old to come home? What a shame.
exactly! Plus I could have sworn I heard her dad say she is a grad student;which-to me-would imply she's spending most of her time and money AT school.
I fail to see why this has become the main focus of the episode.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
ANYway, I thought it was surprising in a lot of ways because, well, Gary Busey is a little hard to take, even though he seems to be a really good person. But all of them were so open-minded about each other and that is what amazed me. No eye-rolling about being together in past lives, no friction about gay marriage, even though they didn't agree. And now we know that there are 3 women who can hold their own with Gary Busey--his fiancee, Ivanka Trump and the preacher's wife!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM

I guess the show didn't have it's usual conflicts so I wonder if the overall impression was positive nationwide or did the public miss having the tacky drama it usually has. I found it very inspirational all the way around.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
I already stated that i thought it was not normal UNLESS something catastrophic that happened to the 30 year old... and the scenario you described fall into the catastrophic category. So I'm not sure why you would bring that up and ignore what I said to make a point... What a shame.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 01-06-2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly! Plus I could have sworn I heard her dad say she is a grad student;which-to me-would imply she's spending most of her time and money AT school.
I fail to see why this has become the main focus of the episode.
This has not become a focus of this episode...

I agreed with the poster who said they thought it was strange she lived at home. Then Posters began to tell me how i was wrong because i thought it was strange. I didn't start with any of you all and say how crazy you were that you think it's ok... So I'm not sure how thats considered to be us focusing on it when we didn't start the discussion with anyone else. You chimed in questioning me... So I'm confused? I simply expressed my opinion and was then ridiculed for it not being the opinion of others. Heaven for bid someone have opinions that don't agree with the masses... I guess that's not allowed on this thread.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
For me personally, it was just painful to watch. I don't do well with 'Jesus' scandals. Its understandable that people will have them, but to throw it all out there seems less than remorseful.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
This has not become a focus of this episode...

I agreed with the poster who said they thought it was strange she lived at home. Then Posters began to tell me how i was wrong because i thought it was strange. I didn't start with any of you all and say how crazy you were that you think it's ok... So I'm not sure how thats considered to be us focusing on it when we didn't start the discussion with anyone else. You chimed in questioning me... So I'm confused? I simply expressed my opinion and was then ridiculed for it not being the opinion of others. Heaven for bid someone have opinions that don't agree with the masses... I guess that's not allowed on this thread.
I apologize. Been there too so I get it...just wasn't sure what would be considered "catastrophic"

Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I apologize. Been there too so I get it...just wasn't sure what would be considered "catastrophic"
Thanks and I accept although it was just a misunderstanding so no need.

Water under the bridge now...

It's great when adults can communicate through misunderstandings. Yay!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
For me personally, it was just painful to watch. I don't do well with 'Jesus' scandals. Its understandable that people will have them, but to throw it all out there seems less than remorseful.
Well it's been 5 years, and I'm not sure what you mean by "throw(ing) it all out there." I don't doubt that part of their motivation in doing the show was to promote Gayle's book but I also can kind of understand why they would want to show the world that the scandal didn't destroy them & that they have moved on.

Gosh...never thought I would find myself saying anything remotely positive about Ted Haggard. That whole scandal was a source of major amusement for me for years, and still is to some degree. But I don't think he needs to keep apologizing or letting his family live in shame after all this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV