Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
If contact can't be it, what is the cause of those not bitten still becoming zombies after death? It's not ONLY Shane, right? Isn't everyone supposed to become one after they die if their brain isn't destroyed, bitten or not? I thought that was supposed to be the secret.
The secret is, everyone is infected with the zombie virus...even the living. You die in a car wreck and your body is reanimated as a zombie. That is how it works in the comics anyhow. It's also the supposed secret Dr Jenner told Rick and why Rick went out of his way to shoot Tony in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
I only began watching this show this season. How exactly did the virus come about? Was it a man made virus that was accidently released?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
I don't think we know the answer yet, cassy1. It seemed to come out of the blue.

That rotten biatch, Lori! I'm not surprised she "un-did" what Rick and Shane had compromised for their friendship but what a skank she is! If she had continually told Shane it was "over", I would have hoped he would have finally gotten the message and maybe turned to Andrea. I know, not meant to be, just not liking "hating" a main character so much.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I only began watching this show this season. How exactly did the virus come about? Was it a man made virus that was accidently released?
No one really knows, and I suspect no one will ever know either. Robert Kirkman Co-Creator of TWD stated, he doesn't want to focus on a cure and would like something like an on going continuing Zombie series.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen the first series, you can find in on Netflix or other places on the internet. The first series was really good, in my opinion better than the first part of Season 2.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The secret is, everyone is infected with the zombie virus...even the living. You die in a car wreck and your body is reanimated as a zombie. That is how it works in the comics anyhow. It's also the supposed secret Dr Jenner told Rick and why Rick went out of his way to shoot Tony in the head.
How can everyone be infected with a zombie virus? Those dead people in the traffic jam on the highway out of Atlanta weren't zombies and they were more that 24 hours dead. I don't think even baking in the hot sun for 24 hours would do that to a corpse. (I don't think) There aren't enough Walkers around for everyone to have tuned into a zombie. IMO that is.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
How can everyone be infected with a zombie virus? Those dead people in the traffic jam on the highway out of Atlanta weren't zombies and they were more that 24 hours dead. I don't think even baking in the hot sun for 24 hours would do that to a corpse. (I don't think) There aren't enough Walkers around for everyone to have tuned into a zombie. IMO that is.
That whole scene is a mystery even to Robert Kirkman him self lol

Seriously, Kirkman actually came out and said people shouldn't focus on the hwy scene. It wasn't in the books and it doesn't make a lot of scene based on the science of the show either. It's probably part of the episode that was created out of two episodes...long story and I honestly never looked into it.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:24 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
That's what I thought, I guess my real question is how can we be sure the cause isn't contact with zombies, so people who died before the zombies took over wouldn't be infected, and that would explain all the dead people who didn't turn. I get that we are supposed to ignore the care scene, but that is kind annoying when things don't make sense. People must get infected somehow.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's what I thought, I guess my real question is how can we be sure the cause isn't contact with zombies, so people who died before the zombies took over wouldn't be infected, and that would explain all the dead people who didn't turn. I get that we are supposed to ignore the care scene, but that is kind annoying when things don't make sense. People must get infected somehow.
Like I said, too logical questions, dets. I don't mind overlooking small stuff myself but this is a BIG, MAJOR factor! I'm just going to go along with, we don't know how it started, you get infected by being bitten and if you die a natural death, you won't come back...unless you are Shane. Maybe a Walker got to him before he was completely dead.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Like I said, too logical questions, dets. I don't mind overlooking small stuff myself but this is a BIG, MAJOR factor! I'm just going to go along with, we don't know how it started, you get infected by being bitten and if you die a natural death, you won't come back...unless you are Shane. Maybe a Walker got to him before he was completely dead.
Basically, everyone turns into a Walker sooner or later...even if you die of natural death. So until they find a cure, the morgue is going to have to include holes to the head of everyone who rolls through their doors lol

As for the car scene, that was never in the comics. You will find most of the stuff you dislike, is stuff the writers has changed or added to the TV series. Ironic when you think about it.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 PM

"but what if you don't have to be scratched, bitten, or get zombie fluid into your system in order to be a zombie? Is that where they may be leading us?"

I think many have alluded to that is what Dr. Jenner told Rick at the CDC before it blew up....EVERYONE is infected with the virus. Although I can't see how, lots of bodies don't turn into zombies. (i.e. the cars on the highway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV