Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM

858 posts, read 706,307 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the comics so I don't know if it's in there but I personally I hate when writers inject an unnecessary love story between main characters into shows that don't need it. We already have maggie and glenn and that's enough. We don't need Rick and Michonne. I don't doubt we'll have a carl storyline in the near future too.

The love triangle storylines were stupid on Friends, on Lost, on X Files, House, etc. Walking dead is a story about a post apocalyptic world run by zombies. It's kill or be killed. We don't need a love story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 12:56 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,441,115 times
Human beings don't stop all human function, desires and needs just because they are fighting, even people over in real war zones seek some sort of romantic interactions whether it be long term or one nighters the need for the physical or emotional connections to others don't go away. Having said all that, I'm not saying they need to inject romance where it need not be, but, I don't have a problem with it as part of the show for any and all of the characters at various stages, even if I'm not a big fan of the Richonne hookup so much, but, I'll get over it, kinda already am. Next!

Last edited by TRosa; 02-23-2016 at 01:32 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 PM

4,715 posts, read 5,941,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Human beings don't stop all human function, desires and needs just because they are fighting, even people over in real war zones seek some sort of romantic interactions weather it be long term or one nighters the need for the physical or emotional connections to others don't go away. Having said all that, I'm not saying they need to inject romance where it need not be, but, I don't have a problem with it as part of the show for any and all of the characters at various stages, even if I'm not a big fan of the Richonne hookup so much, but, I'll get over it, kinda already am. Next!
well, you have Tara/Denise now, too. And, Carl/Enid is coming. Not to mention the potential Aaron, Eric and Jesus love triangle. (Or, quadrangle if you add Daryl to the mix)

Old 02-23-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
well, you have Tara/Denise now, too. And, Carl/Enid is coming. Not to mention the potential Aaron, Eric and Jesus love triangle. (Or, quadrangle if you add Daryl to the mix)
OH GAWD! Not like I'm asking for all this mushiness to happen, I do hope they space it out a bit though. LOL!

Old 02-23-2016, 10:48 PM

16,665 posts, read 29,417,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't like them together and it doesn't have anything to do with race. They are awesome partners. I like their relationship, they way they look out for one another and understand each other and the way she calls him out when he's wrong/being a jerk. A guy and a girl can just be great friends. Why does it always have to turn romantic? I don't feel the sexual chemistry between these characters.
Quote:
Human beings don't stop all human function, desires and needs just because they are fighting, even people over in real war zones seek some sort of romantic interactions whether it be long term or one nighters the need for the physical or emotional connections to others don't go away. Having said all that, I'm not saying they need to inject romance where it need not be, but, I don't have a problem with it as part of the show for any and all of the characters at various stages, even if I'm not a big fan of the Richonne hookup so much, but, I'll get over it, kinda already am. Next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I don't think its the color of her skin but the fact that they been together for long time and never had that chemistry. Many people hoped they get together and when they first arrived in Alexandria we all thought maybe, now that they are settled, they can hook up. But Rick ignored her and went for the blond. While Michonne has been part of his crew, Rick had a wife and a serious girlfriend. After those 2 died, now he turns to Michonne. Most people believe Michonne deserves better.
Quote:

No, most people do not think that. The people that think that way are the ones making "anything but race" statements to hide their displeasure with seeing a black woman and/or dark-skinned black woman with the white leading man.

What Shipping Richonne Taught Me About Racism - Black Girl Nerds

'The Walking Dead' 6x10 "The Next World" - Black Girl Nerds

3 Reasons Why #Richonne is a Black History Month Gift - JUST ADD COLOR

The Walking Dead: Rick and Michonne?s Progressive Romance | Vanity Fair

The Anything But Racism Argument

Last edited by aries4118; 02-23-2016 at 11:18 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 09:23 AM

4,715 posts, read 5,941,564 times
Thanks for the spoilers TRosa. I saw that on Facebook this morning.
Spoiler
The line from Daryl makes me think he's going to be the one meeting Lucille.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:02 AM

16,665 posts, read 29,417,226 times
Quote:
Funny, sometimes it really isn't about race, there are of course some who are against it for that reason and some who see race issue here where there isn't any and will continue to do so no matter what. My own experience in dealing with people who watch the show, maybe 1% of those I interact with had a problem with the coupling due to them black/white many others have been waiting for it and wanting it for the longest. I can't tell you how many fan sites I go to where the overwhelming majority are cheering and are so thrilled for Rich and Michonne to be together and have nothing but good things to say. The few who are against it, some may harbor racist views as they do about most things, but, so far, they are the minority and others again their reasons are very similar to how I, a black woman, feel. Seems some of us can't get out of our own way on this issue when it comes to race, here, I think we may be barking up the wrong tree. Some people are racist jerks, not doubt about it but, I understand why some don't like the coupling and it hasn't a darn thing to do with the color of their skin and I guess it will just have to be a difference of opinion, but, that's my feeling. A lot of people love the Michonne character and truly feel the paring is setting her up for the kill and are so not looking forward to that.

I've read so few negative comments about the pairing, I'm just not getting where the whole racist thing is coming from, believe me, I'm never silent if I see or hear something racist, I won't tolerate it. There are dozens of richonne fan forums, ones formed way before this episode with people loving these two together and hoping for them to couple up. Just for me, Rick isn't the one for Michonne and it's not because of the color of his skin, but, if the writing improves on how these two fit together and it works out, I'm all for it.

Take time to read the link below to address the bolded above:

Old 02-24-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Take time to read the link below to address the bolded above:

I read the link before I commented and still for me, I had posted videos about Rick and my own none attraction to the character comparing him to Charlie on Sunny in Philadelphia, way before thoughts of the two ever hit the radar. I think the commentary on the site is making it's own excuse for promoting it's own view. I'm fine with Michonne finding a love interest, just not with Rick, but, anyone is free to spin it to suit their view however it pushes their agenda. Sometimes a thing is just as a person says they feel it is no matter how much another wants to believe otherwise. I'm fully aware of the history of the media and various views on us black women in general and do realize, not all are accepting or want to see certain things play out one way or another. I get it, I promise, I really do, it just isn't the issue here, Coming from a black at times very nerdish woman who too has her moments of frustration with the media and the viewing audiences.

How about starting a thread on the issue, I'm sure CD could use another race debate thread that will only end up trashing black women in the end anyway. But can we return this to the spoiler thread, seems we have this same theme being discussed in both walking dead threads, I don't want to see this thread end up getting closed.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,543,801 times
I'm almost certain we'll be saying goodbye to Daryl--it's being set up perfectly, very subtle. It's going to be painful, too (for us, as well as Daryl). I think the last time I shed a tear watching something was Sling Blade.

What a night--and Monday morning--that is going to be.

Oh--and I'd assume Abraham will have his moment, as well, via Dwight and that crossbow. Again, the set-up is there.

*The thread is already marked, I feel no need for spoiler tags here and will speak openly on our topic.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:20 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
I Like the Jesus character. Funny, an escape artist, part ninja, doesn't kill for the thrill, loyal to his other group. He will be a fun addition to the cast. Because of his humor element, it makes me wonder how long we will need Eugene to lighten the story line. He is my next vote for off the island. Or perhaps Morgan as Carol doesn't suffer fools (who risk her family's lives).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV