Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I dont know about that. Episode 1 season 1. The black guys wife knew how to work the door knob after she was a walker.

Episode 2 season 1. When rick met glenn, the zombies were chasing them up a ladder so they obviously knew how to climb up ladders and work door knobs
And pick up rocks or a piece of debris to break the glass in the door of the building where they were held up.

The plot device that had the Quarry Campers going into downtown Atlanta to scavenge for supplies always seemed lame to me. What kind of survival articles are they going to find in the middle of the city? Wasn't there a Walmart that was closer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Rick and Shane has spent time training people how to shoot....remember all the complaints about them wasting ammo. I gues you can't make everyone happy

Anyhow, there is no substitute for experience. Rick and Shane started the ZA as former LEOs while the rest was teachers, Vetrenarians, pizza boys etc. So the only way to really prepare these people in my opinion is get them out in the streets killing Walkers...remember Shane working with Andrea checking out that neighborhood. Carl out in the woods face to face with a waler stuck in the mud is a perfect chance for him to start getting some experience.
I remember a lesson, I don't remember everyone being there, I'm saying it should be more central and yes, I agree 100%, that the training should include actual experience. Walker killing training should include actual walker killing, EVERYONE should be required to train, and get comfie with killing them nasty things! It would be a process, you learn how to use weapons, get in shape, etc. and build up to field work that includes actual killing. People would still die, but maybe giving them that sense of power that they know what to do to protect themselves would prevent many of the suicidal feelings, and keep them alive a lot longer. As far as ammo goes, they need more reusable weapons like arrows, spears, etc. they have to be around somewhere, and they seem to have plenty of gas for driving around.

I'm in medicine, I don't enjoy killing, or hurting anything, but I would absolutely be sure I knew how to kill to save myself, and those I loved.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:36 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Honestly, the dreaded "highway scene" is actually pretty easy to explain. These people were trapped in their cars when they died. Zombie them would probably be unable to figure out how to work a car door (especially if the lock were engaged), much less a seatbelt. During summer.....near Atlanta. They cooked in their cars and their brains pretty much boiled up. Cars get HOW hot when left in the sun? Way over a hundred degrees, right? That's how they died without a gunshot.

Easy if you're willing to suspend disbelief. In a show about a zombie apocalypse. Where no one has shot Lori for being annoying......
Touche'

Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I dont know about that. Episode 1 season 1. The black guys wife knew how to work the door knob after she was a walker.

Episode 2 season 1. When rick met glenn, the zombies were chasing them up a ladder so they obviously knew how to climb up ladders and work door knobs
She was trying to work a doorknob....but couldn't.

They weren't trying to climb a ladder....but couldn't.

And let's face it, we all fumble with the seatbelt and we're not dead. Most of us aren't.

Right?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Looks like Shane will be dying in the season finale. Season 3 is going to suck without him.

'The Walking Dead' DVD Ad Reveals Major Season 2 Spoiler - Hollywood Reporter

Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Looks like Shane will be dying in the season finale. Season 3 is going to suck without him.

'The Walking Dead' DVD Ad Reveals Major Season 2 Spoiler - Hollywood Reporter
If done right, Season 3 is going to rock...but technically we're not allowed to discuss spoilers in this thread.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Quote:
If done right, Season 3 is going to rock...but technically we're not allowed to discuss spoilers in this thread.
Shane has been the best part of the show. I wonder how dramatic his death will be. It better at least be over the top because he's such a major character and needs to go out in a spectacular way.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 918 times
They are all infected. A bite or scratch or whatever doesn't turn them. Dying turns them.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Shane has been the best part of the show. I wonder how dramatic his death will be. It better at least be over the top because he's such a major character and needs to go out in a spectacular way.
Jon Bernthal has done an outstanding job for sure and I agree, it should a be an awesome send off!

Well tonight, Dale gets it! Honestly, I did not want to see this one happen for sometime but that is what happens when tick off AMC.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:

Well tonight, Dale gets it! Honestly, I did not want to see this one happen for sometime but that is what happens when tick off AMC.

Awwww. I don't want Dale to die. I like that character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV