Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

I didn't really understant why she went to that type of antique store to end up with a bunch of cherries, I mean this is definitely not an antique!!

I wasn't getting this either. I am thinking it was more for advertising. Seriously, did she really need another thing, she just emptied 27 rooms of, ummm, stuff....

Made me smile when she said they lived like normal people in this house. You can't live like normal people when you have that huge a house, with a bowling alley and what not.

I guess they were used to living like that so it was normal to them. I wonder since they had 5 kitchens if they took turns during the week to eat dinner. I also would have of loved to play a round of "hide 'n seek" in that house, that really would been fun, finding someone a month later...

But what is with the pink onyx? And she likes a "punch of red" (cherry pic) in a kitchen with green marble floors and dark green granite counters?

I wasn't feeling that either, "pink onyx"....not to sure about that, but then again, maybe in a ladies bathroom.....the cherries with the green, no, I am thinking along the lines of Santa Claus on that one

Does she need a ladies and a mens powder room in her new apt?

That is a bit much, sorry, just how many bathrooms does one household need, maybe she has been watching too much HGTV latley....

But all in all, it is fun to see how the new apartment is progressing. I do think her taste in "The Manor" was nice, so there is no doubt that this apartment is going to be anything less than spectacular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I saw the second 1/2 of part I and all of part II. I enjoyed it. I thought Candy was surprisingly likable and hands-on with the whole process. I'm sure it was somewhat staged, but even with the ginormous house and tons of stuff, it was not all that different from our parents downsizing and giving us our old cabbage patch kids (although mine wasn't created by Xavier Roberts especially for me). Tori is my age. It is impossible for me to imagine growing up in a place like that. How do you have a "normal" life in a place like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV