U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 AM

12,252 posts, read 17,087,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
There has never been a public figure who has demeaned women more than Stern. How any woman could support any show or other event Stern is involved with is beyond me. Of course there are always those that like being insulted, taunted, and ridiculed. As one moderator said, she (I assume female from the name), she will be watching and the rest of us will be watching too. WRONG! To support Stern is the same as supporting your local prev, rapist, pedophile, or other deviate. Secondly, what qualifies Stern, a no-talent, loudmouth, sensationalist to judge a talent show? Maybe American's Got Talent is going to add strippers, cross-dressers, and a topless performers. What other purpose could Stern serve?
^ Typical of one who does not get it. I imagine you'll be hating it while he's receiving praise for his job at AGT. You'll then have to watch it to try and understand. Yes...he will pull you in, no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

Mark my word.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Problem with Howard Stern is that he has spent so many years being that "Shock Jock" and I am curious to see how he handles being on this show and having to control himself. He will be a good match for Simon Cowel who does tend to offend people as well. Perhaps Howard will be a good balance. I am predicting that he and Simon are gonna bump heads more than once before it is over. I just hope he can keep it clean for the younger kids who do appear on this show. Good Luck Howard!
The advanced press is extremely positive, including that of Sharon and Howie. IMO, Howard Stern has an extremely strict work ethic. He does nothing half-assed and will take this job with that same work ethic, and will be an extremely good and fair judge of talent.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM

2,255 posts, read 2,206,744 times
I hope he knows how to talk to the kid contestants. He can't say anything out of his mouth now that he is dealing with little ones. I hope the producers made that very clear to him.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I hope he knows how to talk to the kid contestants. He can't say anything out of his mouth now that he is dealing with little ones. I hope the producers made that very clear to him.
^ I'll bet you $5 you'll end up loving him.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM

As expected...he put his heart and soul...and his own brand of genius...into it.

He truly is "The King of All Media!"

Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM

13,596 posts, read 10,666,963 times
I used to really love this show. But it seems at least for me there are too many unentertaining preformers. People sticking pins in their faces, or having birds sitting on them while they sing (although my cat liked that one) kazoo players and all the silly stuff is a waste of time. I want to see more of those light show people, more Jackie Evancos and Terry Faders. To many silly acts.

This looked more like "The Howard Stern Show" than a talent show anyway. He dominated the show while Sharon and Howie didn't get to say much. But I'm not surprised. I expected that of Stern. Sorry JFKIII to each their own but I just don't see anything special about the guy.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:35 AM

6,395 posts, read 5,945,647 times
I thought Howard Stern did good last night. I enjoyed Him!

And I haven't watched the show in 2 years!!!!

I"m not a fan of Howie's - I think he'll send anyone through. He seriously wanted to send the Bird lady through???? He's the reason why I haven't watched in 2 years....

Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 AM

2,127 posts, read 4,275,993 times
As someone who only watched last night because of Howard I have to say he did a great job. I think he showed America that he is entertaining, truthful and truly the King of All Media. I am hopeful that people who watched were able to see through their pre conceived notions about him and see his brilliance. I'd also be interested to see the ratings difference between Piers (a nobody) and Howard were. I thought the "earth harp" guy was amazing!

The producers at NBC did this for a reason, we'll see how it pays off for them.

BTW, was Nick Cannon really on that "rock" in the beginning of the show?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I used to really love this show. But it seems at least for me there are too many unentertaining preformers. People sticking pins in their faces, or having birds sitting on them while they sing (although my cat liked that one) kazoo players and all the silly stuff is a waste of time. I want to see more of those light show people, more Jackie Evancos and Terry Faders. To many silly acts.

This looked more like "The Howard Stern Show" than a talent show anyway. He dominated the show while Sharon and Howie didn't get to say much. But I'm not surprised. I expected that of Stern. Sorry JFKIII to each their own but I just don't see anything special about the guy.
I'll be honest with you...I never watched this show until last night...and only did so because Howard was on it. It just never piqued my interest in the past. But, as a devoted listener to The Stern Show, it was talked about so much there, and promoted so heavily by NBC, that I HAD to tune in.

I have to agree with you about the talent...a lot of non-talent...and heavily editted. It kind of reminded me of something called The Gong Show (for us oldtimers.) I enjoyed the natural interaction between Sharon and Howard, and of course, the good talent, which the show, thankfully, seems to spend more time with. I found Nick Cannon to be annoying and have too much of a presence, although Howard reports on his show that Nick's a really great guy.

I will tune in again tonight, mainly for Howard, but I'm not sure that will keep me hooked for any length. I struggle somewhat, with such a mainstream Howard.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 AM

2,255 posts, read 2,206,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
^ I'll bet you $5 you'll end up loving him.
You are right. I didn't watch the complete show (catching up on Celebrity Apprentice on DVR) but the parts I watched, he seemed like a great addition.
He wasn't bland or boring which is always a plus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV