Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,425,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh boy do I get a ribbon or a cookie?
How about an Emmy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,459,545 times
Actually, Colton doesn't come from money. If you look at some of his bio, you'll find that his real Dad left his Mom when he was 2. It was then that his Mom's aunt (his Great Aunt) took them in. So if there was any money, it was with the Great-Aunt and hardly due to any special achievements made by his bio Mom and Dad.

His Mom has obviously re-married (the assumption stemming from that NASTY remark he made about his Step-Dad). Whether that guy has any wealth is yet to be uncovered.

According to a best friend of his who has been posting elsewhere (and is now TOTALLY spooked and asking for all his posts to be deleted due to potential legal issues), the Colton we are seeing on the show is a complete fabrication. He has been a super fan of the show since he was a boy and clearly mapped out his strategy of being this season's "villian" PRIOR to setting off for filming. Personally, if that is the case, he would deserve an Emmy for Best Dramatic Actor since I don't really think you can alter your true personality that severely and dramatically.

Like I said before (and others have also pointed out), the editing this season is driving me crazy. I really do not understand how the adult males in his camp are allowing him to call the shots - and in such a dangerous fashion (i.e. going to Tribal for no reason). There has GOT to be things going on around that camp that we're not being shown. Maybe it's just me, but I would never allow myself to be led around by the nose by a 22 year college student with minimum life experience. It just makes NO sense.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,176,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Actually, Colton doesn't come from money. If you look at some of his bio, you'll find that his real Dad left his Mom when he was 2. It was then that his Mom's aunt (his Great Aunt) took them in. So if there was any money, it was with the Great-Aunt and hardly due to any special achievements made by his bio Mom and Dad.
Quote:
Inspiration in Life: My nanny/ grandmother who is technically my great-aunt but she and her husband took my mom in when she was 2 months old after her dad abandoned her. My grandmother is the most amazing person I know. She is literally my 73-year-old best friend! She has been there for me through everything, definitely the biggest impact on who I am today.
Actually it was his grandfather that abandoned his gma leaving when Colton's mom was 2 months old.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,103 times
I think the reason Tarzan defended Colton is because he had to suck up to the leader. Pathetic. And I liked Tarzan.

Even though he left early, I'm so hoping Bill wins fan favorite this season. I don't usually vote, but this time I will.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,691,994 times
This show seems even more scripted than usual.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:45 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,526,349 times
I wouldn't get to excited about the edit boo-boos. After filming 24/7 for a month there is going to be literally a ton of footage and sure enough every now and then the sequence is going to appear out of sync.

Scripted it is not. I mean seriously, who could write this mess?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,091,068 times
can you imagine the screams if someone said "I'm voting you off because you're gay and I HATE ****."

I. PERSONALLY, would vote him off because he's an obnoxious little twit....

but DAMN is he playing the game

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,009,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Even though he left early, I'm so hoping Bill wins fan favorite this season. I don't usually vote, but this time I will.
I believe he was voted off too early to get fan favorite.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,056,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
According to a best friend of his who has been posting elsewhere (and is now TOTALLY spooked and asking for all his posts to be deleted due to potential legal issues), the Colton we are seeing on the show is a complete fabrication. He has been a super fan of the show since he was a boy and clearly mapped out his strategy of being this season's "villian" PRIOR to setting off for filming. Personally, if that is the case, he would deserve an Emmy for Best Dramatic Actor since I don't really think you can alter your true personality that severely and dramatically.
I get that vibe from him. He is impersonating the "evil queen" He is not there to win, he is there to become a celebrity like the Cochron character last season or whatever he was called ... Next stop For Colton: Celebrity Apprentance or Dancing with the stars.

I personally don't like his fabrication much. I prefer wit over meaness. He is not that witty. Actually Cochron was way wittier. The witty character is actually on American Idol out of all places (the Asian contestant)

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM

4,361 posts, read 6,526,349 times
Maybe there is something to the Women's tribe after all. They saw right through the completely annoying Colton and sent him right back to his own encampment. They didn't want anything to do with him, which is a whole lot more than we can say for the Men's tribe.

They may not be the strongest tribe and surely not the smartest tribe but at least they are free thinkers. Not intimidated by the men nor are they spell bound, like the men.

If the ladies could just get their crap together, they'd dominate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV