Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,506,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Well Colton couldn't have been on if they just wrapped up the next season already, he looked too fat!!!
Well I'd expect that as he'd be one of the first voted off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,119,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It was a throw back to something alright. I was waiting for him to purse up his lips and suck in those cheeks. You could tell Bill & Colton were not happy about sitting beside each other.

Did she have that mustache waxed off & her upper lip back in shape?
I noticed when they first were seated, someone was inbetween Bill and Colton but when they came back from commercial break, they were seated side by side.

Yes, Kim had the mustache taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Well Colton couldn't have been on if they just wrapped up the next season already, he looked too fat!!!
I noticed that too.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,443,874 times
What a boring season! This was the most predictable season since Rob Mariano won it. I have to say, since I started watching Survivor (I think it was Sugar's first season, when she lost to Bob, the physics teacher in his 50's) one of my favorite seasons ever was Redemption Island, when Coach and Ozzy led their tribes. Those were interesting players, but this season lacked a single interesting player, Tarzan and Troyzan were not good at challenges or even very strategic, and everyone else was borrrrring.

Some seasons are great, and some are like this season.

And when some idiot like Colton can talk his tribe into going to tribal council to vote someone off, you know that their tribe is doomed to failure, and they were.

This one was over early.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,350,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What a boring season! This was the most predictable season since Rob Mariano won it. I have to say, since I started watching Survivor (I think it was Sugar's first season, when she lost to Bob, the physics teacher in his 50's) one of my favorite seasons ever was Redemption Island, when Coach and Ozzy led their tribes. Those were interesting players, but this season lacked a single interesting player, Tarzan and Troyzan were not good at challenges or even very strategic, and everyone else was borrrrring.

Some seasons are great, and some are like this season.

And when some idiot like Colton can talk his tribe into going to tribal council to vote someone off, you know that their tribe is doomed to failure, and they were.

This one was over early.
Well, to each their own. I enjoyed this season. But that's the good thing about TV: something for everyone.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,358,642 times
I enjoyed this season too. It was such a train wreck early on - the women played so poorly and all the footage we saw made them look thoroughly unlikable. The men were only a little better, and then Colton came to power - at least in his own head - and it became the Colton show.

But then Colton went home. And we had a quiet week or two - but that was really just time to allow us to get to know some of the other players, who had been overshadowed by all the BIG DRAMA.

And suddenly Troyzan was a really interesting character - and Kim was talking control - and we started to see some strategy, and the show got a lot more interesting.

I think this season proves that sometimes it's best when the BIG characters leave early. A little drama is interesting, but the best seasons of Survivor happen when it's organic drama that happens naturally, because of the game - not because they import a drama queen, and set him loose. Colton is fine in small doses, but he's not good TV if you're talking an entire season.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I enjoyed this season too. It was such a train wreck early on - the women played so poorly and all the footage we saw made them look thoroughly unlikable. The men were only a little better, and then Colton came to power - at least in his own head - and it became the Colton show.

But then Colton went home. And we had a quiet week or two - but that was really just time to allow us to get to know some of the other players, who had been overshadowed by all the BIG DRAMA.

And suddenly Troyzan was a really interesting character - and Kim was talking control - and we started to see some strategy, and the show got a lot more interesting.

I think this season proves that sometimes it's best when the BIG characters leave early. A little drama is interesting, but the best seasons of Survivor happen when it's organic drama that happens naturally, because of the game - not because they import a drama queen, and set him loose. Colton is fine in small doses, but he's not good TV if you're talking an entire season.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,799,187 times
In hindsight, who thinks that -- just perhaps -- the early episodes were heavily edited to make the women look exceptionally incompetent? Thus making the all-woman final five appear even more remarkable .....

Old 05-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
In hindsight, who thinks that -- just perhaps -- the early episodes were heavily edited to make the women look exceptionally incompetent? Thus making the all-woman final five appear even more remarkable .....
Very possible. I think they look for a kind of "theme" in order to hook in the audience. I wonder what would have happened if Colton had stayed in the game. It would have been interesting to see Colton and Kim go at it.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 PM

4,357 posts, read 6,506,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
While I do believe the edit is a powerful tool that they use liberally, the Women's tribe was in reality a mess early on. No edit could have made them look any more pathetic than they were.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:56 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,173,713 times
They probably were a mess. But I can't help but remember how some of them looked so helpless and needy, then later...not at all. So I think Dark of the Moon has a point.
And from what tidbits I've gotten here and there in past season interviews I get the impression that what we see can be pretty different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV