Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,151,595 times

Advertisements

I thought it would have been fairer when the girl got hurt if Jeff would have said, OK..guys can sit one guy out to even it up. Thats what they usually do when the challenges aren't even numbers. What was up with the way way he did that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM

44,569 posts, read 61,347,806 times
All great comments, agree with all of you. Colton will be outta there quickly, he's useless. Once he plays the idol he's gone. Why are the camps so close together, heck may as well be merged at this point. Is it to tease the men, not Colton, but the real men. It looks like we're going to see some hot body shots through the season from the cameramen. And fire, I mean how many seasons has Survivor been on and the basic thing you learn is making fire. Practice practice practice before you come on the show.
So far I have not honed in on one to be a favorite, it's too early, but I have one that I'd like to see booted early, at least at this stage of the game, and that's Salina. And jumping into the net, "stupid is as stupid does" (Forrest Gump) the girls got a break at council as one of the others would have gone home, ewww cat fight.

jkk you nailed it again...

Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM

146 posts, read 358,050 times
Solid first episode. I like the new cast, no redemption island, one camp twist should make for some interesting moments. Felt bad for Kourtney hurting herself but yeah, dumb move to land on the net like that. I drew Troyzan and Kat for the office pool this time around. Feeling pretty good about Troyzan but Kat seems pretty dim.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM

5,479 posts, read 7,060,632 times
Jeff motions to the girl who has decided to wear a wool hat and asks where she fits in with the other women. “Nowhere. At all,” answers Kourtney. Great! Tell everyone you are an outcast before you have even shared a single word with them. Brilliant strategy.

Then Jeff says “I’m gonna give you 60 seconds to strip everything you can off…this truck.” DOH! At least the camera operators do their best to make up for this tease by sticking their lenses halfway down Chelsea’s top for the remainder of the episode.

Once Sabrina’s offer of a chicken-for-fire trade is rejected, the ever-classy Alicia attempts to simply steal the fire and then whor out one of her tribemates by saying Monica will drop her pants in exchange for it.

Alicia scares the crap out of me. She’s crazy rude and flies off the handle for no reason. Even scarier? She’s a teacher! Where does Survivor manage to find these people that are instructing our children? First the lovely NaOnka (who decked a one legged woman), and now another educator who is threatening to hit another woman in the face and trying to trade sexual titillation for other goods and services. I’m sure the parents of her pupils were positively thrilled watching last night’s episode.

Kourtney lands awkwardly on her hands. Clearly hurt from the fall, she wobbles over to the mat only to be told by the clearly annoyed Kat that, “It’s alright, It’s just bleeding.” It should be noted here that Kat is, in fact, a timeshare rep, and not a doctor, so that was a pretty bold on-the-spot diagnosis — especially for someone unfamiliar with the word ambience.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,615,230 times
Women are always caddy and territorial and have what I call "attention to insignificant detail".

The men are getting on with the business of getting organized and getting their camp going and the women are busy pulling on each others hair, cat fighting over useless trivial nonsense trying to one up another for power and also doing the typical lazy men manipulation trick "I'll show you my boobies if you....".

ROFL!

It never changes and it's been the same for 10,000 years. Women just can't help themselves.

The only woman I like so far is the southern blonde gal with the nice chest who admitted to such in the tribal council while 3 other women were yapping at the same time.

Maybe the women will get it together but I doubt it and until then I will watch with relish. LOL!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,224,995 times
LOL @ I liked the banjo music played during the chicken chase.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM

6,425 posts, read 9,753,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Jeff motions to the girl who has decided to wear a wool hat and asks where she fits in with the other women. “Nowhere. At all,” answers Kourtney. Great! Tell everyone you are an outcast before you have even shared a single word with them. Brilliant strategy.

Then Jeff says “I’m gonna give you 60 seconds to strip everything you can off…this truck.” DOH! At least the camera operators do their best to make up for this tease by sticking their lenses halfway down Chelsea’s top for the remainder of the episode.

Once Sabrina’s offer of a chicken-for-fire trade is rejected, the ever-classy Alicia attempts to simply steal the fire and then whor out one of her tribemates by saying Monica will drop her pants in exchange for it.

Alicia scares the crap out of me. She’s crazy rude and flies off the handle for no reason. Even scarier? She’s a teacher! Where does Survivor manage to find these people that are instructing our children? First the lovely NaOnka (who decked a one legged woman), and now another educator who is threatening to hit another woman in the face and trying to trade sexual titillation for other goods and services. I’m sure the parents of her pupils were positively thrilled watching last night’s episode.

Kourtney lands awkwardly on her hands. Clearly hurt from the fall, she wobbles over to the mat only to be told by the clearly annoyed Kat that, “It’s alright, It’s just bleeding.” It should be noted here that Kat is, in fact, a timeshare rep, and not a doctor, so that was a pretty bold on-the-spot diagnosis — especially for someone unfamiliar with the word ambience.
You really should at least acknowledge Dalton Ross instead of just copying and pasting his blog word for word like it was yours lol

in my own opinion:

I think they put the 2 tribes beside each other thinking they would just build one big camp and live together, I dont think they realized the teams would divide themselves like they did.

Poor Colton, his purse fell out as soon as he opened his mouth lol

Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM

44,569 posts, read 61,347,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think they put the 2 tribes beside each other thinking they would just build one big camp and live together, I dont think they realized the teams would divide themselves like they did.
Their camps were already established to where they would be by where the producers planted their tribal flags before their arrival.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
"Women are always caddy...."

The word is CATTY. Not caddy. No golf involved, just being cats...MEEEOW.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:43 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,359,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
There have been many women contestants who were perfectly capable of starting a fire, building a shelter and doing whatever it takes to survive. The one woman who took it upon herself to bargain for help with the fire should have consulted the other women first. And the the one who kept arguing with her was nothing more than a bully. I hope she goes first.

I hope the women get their act together. I hate watching them play the helpless female role.
And the men are just as bad!

This isn't the kind of battle of the sexes I was hoping for. It's more a battle between some really unlikable people who happen to be women, versus some other really unlikable people who happen to be men.

Hopefully it will get better, because if it stays this bad, I won't care who wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV