Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 05:38 PM

4,874 posts, read 4,992,833 times

Advertisements

What did that one woman say, "If we were in Chicago"? That other should've said; "don't let that stop you." The Chicago woman and the lawyer dude early ones to dislike for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,676,311 times
I can't remember anyone's name except for Tarzan who I'm rooting for. I always root for the nice old guys until they give me a reason not to.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. I was kind of disappointed they didn't bring two people back. I actually liked that. I didn't think I would but did and would LOVE to see Jonathan Penner come back (among a few others). Redemption Island could've gone either way for me. I didn't mind it, but I'm not sad that it's gone either. Lastly, I really liked the first episode but HATE that there wasn't an elimination. The girl who broke her wrist I really liked. I hate that she had to leave the game first in the way she did. Can't wait till next week and even more so till we're a few more episodes in. So glad this show is back!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,615,230 times
I never liked redemption island. It hogged up airtime and was totally pointless.

The only thing I would favor is if you took the first 6 contestants eliminated and put them in a challenge where winner takes all and goes back into the game. Or if you did the same with the later batch.

But the way they did it just dragged it out every week and really added nothing.

I think this season is going to be like old and it will be a sharply fought battle because there is no redemption island to fall back on.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,507,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I never liked redemption island. It hogged up airtime and was totally pointless.

The only thing I would favor is if you took the first 6 contestants eliminated and put them in a challenge where winner takes all and goes back into the game. Or if you did the same with the later batch.

But the way they did it just dragged it out every week and really added nothing.

I think this season is going to be like old and it will be a sharply fought battle because there is no redemption island to fall back on.
Another possibility is they could do RI as an online aspect - the way that Top Chef did with Last Chance Kitchen. While that competition continued, it did not detract from the regular episodes. I'm just say'in - if you wanted to have it yet not detract from Survivor shows, that's one way of accomplishing it.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:34 PM

5,479 posts, read 7,060,632 times
I can't stomach Colton Queen anymore.

I hope they mix up the tribes so the plan to get rid of Matt backfires...

They should have hosed them all down with oil before that immunity challenge!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,800,147 times
Someone please let me know when (if) this season becomes watchable. Until then, I'm done.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,140,304 times
Tisk, tisk, tisk the women still don't have a clue how dumb they look & sound. There is no way I would have kept that Kat chick but they said Nina didn't do anything around camp. Just don't know why folks think they are on vacation instead of surviving.

NYTom I agree that was too easy it's a shame the women made it look so much more harder.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM

7,333 posts, read 5,451,945 times
I'm sick of drama queen Colton already, he can't get voted off fast enough for me! The women are really stupid, Kat should have been voted off. But I wasn't surprised they voted Nina off; seems if you have a young majority they will always vote off the older players first.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,353,463 times
I agree it should have been Kat instead of Nina based on performance at the competition but we don't really know how Nina related to the others at the camp. There was just something about Nina that made me uncomfortable. She seemed mean-spirited. She came on really strong attacking Kat personally and calling her names when she was trying to persuade the others to vote Kat out.

Bringing out Kat's failings was one thing but consistantly calling her an idiot and dumb over and over again was not necessary. As far as the age thing, I think Nina should not have emphasized that as much as she did to the other younger girls.

Did she ever even try to approach anyone to make an alliance or did she just sort of wait around until alliances were made and then boo-hooed at not being included? Kat may be the next to go but I think I can understand why this week they chose Nina over her.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM

4,874 posts, read 4,992,833 times
Too little too late gets one voted off early in this game. Too little game play and too late trying to make alliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV