U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
 
Location: a new New Yorker
10,451 posts, read 8,791,684 times
Reputation: 14851

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
The name of the game is "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast." I don't think Troyzan gets that.

Boo hoo, Kim is deceitful. Well welcome to the game, Troy. He sounds jealous to me because he wasn't as clever as Kim. If he thought Colton was going to take him to the end, he is mistaken in my opinion. Before he turned into the whiney, resentful person he became, Troy had appeared to be pretty popular. Colton would have gotten rid of him for that reason alone.

exactly!! Which is why I don't understand all the venom being tossed at Kim by viewers and those wanting her blindsided
She has actually played the game. Seems deserving of the win IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
 
5,954 posts, read 7,209,380 times
Reputation: 6226
What I don't like is
(1) when a first day, practically first hour alliance ends up dominating. They don't even know each other, its just numbers. So one its luck that of the numbers you picked they aren't some nut job. Not that Kim hasn't managed some things skillfully but really it was picking some people early on that she didn't know that turned out ok.
(2) Then you have the other team be total idiots making things very unequal. (The men early on). I mean how hard has it been to win against the mens team really? So its a little luck in choosing strangers plus a lot of luck that the other side is their own worst enemy.
Then the lucky alliance has everyone saying what wonderful game players they (Kim) are. Not sure she would be doing that great in a different game. Maybe, but hard to know.
So yea, she is in this season dominating this game. But I don't see her in a less predictable more skilled game doing as well. I don't think she's had that tough a time.
Whenever one alliance ends up dominating and making it all predictable I don't like it, the predictable boots at TC are boring.
Edited to add: I do appreciate someone trying vs. coat tailing though so I will give her that.

Last edited by Giesela; 04-28-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
4,050 posts, read 6,493,770 times
Reputation: 2239
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly!! Which is why I don't understand all the venom being tossed at Kim by viewers and those wanting her blindsided
She has actually played the game. Seems deserving of the win IMHO
Do those deserving the win usually win, though? Every once in a while it happens. I just don't like her, don't know why. Is she too cocky? Is it her smirking? They all do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM
 
Location: a new New Yorker
10,451 posts, read 8,791,684 times
Reputation: 14851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
What I don't like is
(1) when a first day, practically first hour alliance ends up dominating. They don't even know each other, its just numbers. So one its luck that of the numbers you picked they aren't some nut job. Not that Kim hasn't managed some things skillfully but really it was picking some people early on that she didn't know that turned out ok.
(2) Then you have the other team be total idiots making things very unequal. (The men early on). I mean how hard has it been to win against the mens team really? So its a little luck in choosing strangers plus a lot of luck that the other side is their own worst enemy.
Then the lucky alliance has everyone saying what wonderful game players they (Kim) are. Not sure she would be doing that great in a different game. Maybe, but hard to know.
So yea, she is in this season dominating this game. But I don't see her in a less predictable more skilled game doing as well. I don't think she's had that tough a time.
Whenever one alliance ends up dominating and making it all predictable I don't like it, the predictable boots at TC are boring.
Edited to add: I do appreciate someone trying vs. coat tailing though so I will give her that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Do those deserving the win usually win, though? Every once in a while it happens. I just don't like her, don't know why. Is she too cocky? Is it her smirking? They all do that.

blame the followers--not the leader
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
16,862 posts, read 13,266,136 times
Reputation: 37053
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
exactly!! Which is why I don't understand all the venom being tossed at Kim by viewers and those wanting her blindsided
She has actually played the game. Seems deserving of the win IMHO
I've said she has played well too I just don't care for her. Don't know why either just don't & haven't from the beginning. Giesela said it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Chandler
1,457 posts, read 794,917 times
Reputation: 1075
Hate to say this, but have to admit I miss Colton! He at least kept things entertaining and everyone on their toes. Don't really care who wins this season, but agree Kim deserves it for game play. I hate to see the coat tailers win it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM
 
10,174 posts, read 12,243,673 times
Reputation: 11243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Hate to say this, but have to admit I miss Colton! He at least kept things entertaining and everyone on their toes. Don't really care who wins this season, but agree Kim deserves it for game play. I hate to see the coat tailers win it.
I completely agree. Ever since he left it has lost anything interesting!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Taxachusetts
16,856 posts, read 10,449,570 times
Reputation: 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I completely agree. Ever since he left it has lost anything interesting!!!
True enough but my BP is still happy Colton left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Cleveland Heights OH
14,936 posts, read 13,078,435 times
Reputation: 17009
I don't miss Colton. He made it "The Colton Show" instead of "Survivor." I am not looking foward to his returning if he does. And I am sure he will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Taxachusetts
16,856 posts, read 10,449,570 times
Reputation: 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I don't miss Colton. He made it "The Colton Show" instead of "Survivor." I am not looking foward to his returning if he does. And I am sure he will.
I don't know about that, Min. Unless he really cleans up his act and pretends to be a normal human being, I don't think CBS would let him back on....I bet they got LOTS of mail on that creep. That was BAD publicity. I hope I'm correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 - Top