Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 04:18 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times

Advertisements

Colonel Flagg ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 06:56 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Hot Lips Houlihan (sp)~

Old 08-12-2012, 10:07 PM

44,251 posts, read 19,910,427 times
You're talking about my all-time favorite TV series here. No way could I choose one favorite. I really had the hots for B.J. Honeycutt, though. (Still do, actually. )

Hawkeye was great, as were Margaret, Col. Potter, Kelly, Klinger, Radar, Frank, Fr. Mulcahey, Charles and even Rizzo! I liked Henry a lot, but liked the show even more with Col. Potter in charge. Oh, and I really loved Sydney, the shrink. Trapper was my least favorite regular character.

I laughed out loud reading the posts which mentioned the Korean sculptor and also Col. Flagg. M*A*S*H was the best series ever produced. I have the collector's DVD set of all 11 seasons, and it incudes the original movie and a bunch of extras. I watch episodes frequently. Gotta have my M*A*S*H.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM

958 posts, read 2,125,430 times
Henry Blake was the funniest one of them all... IMO

Old 08-13-2012, 01:26 AM

563 posts, read 1,265,873 times
Generally, they were all funny during the first 3 or so seasons. When they wrote off Trapper John and got on the serious high horse, it-and all of the characters-stopped being funny.

So, based on the first few seasons, I would say I found Trapper John and Hawkeye equally funny. Col. Blake was a firm second, while Frank Burns was a distant third.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,739,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Colonel Flagg ...
I was going to post the same thing!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM

44,251 posts, read 19,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Colonel Flagg ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I was going to post the same thing!
Col. Flagg was hilarious! What an idiot!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,116,836 times
Mash, truly one of the great tv shows of all time-------I did favor Radar-----I know its always fashionable to refer to the great tv shows of the 70s and 80s-----but yes, I do have to wonder, in comparison to the so called cutting edge tv programming we see today, if we ever will see the quality programming and performances we saw in those two decades ever again?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,244,118 times
Klinger....with that NOSE that looked like an upside-down urinal! What a premise for a character.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:30 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,676,570 times
How can you pick a favorite? Loved every single character, every single minute, even in the transition from slapstick comedy to more serious fare (which was Alan Alda's idea, he threatened to quit if he didn't get his way)

It seem so strange to me that this show had such appeal to a little girl. I certainly wasn't part of the demographic!

I believe that MASH taught us about war and humanity and it is the reason we approach international conflict differently now. After watching that show,every episode, how could you march into another country with the knowledge that WAR was the answer to our problems?

In fact, I just decided that every person in every conflicted country on earth needs to be fed a strict diet of MASH until they put down their guns and go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV