U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM

6,756 posts, read 9,018,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
The show is very scripted so to hate lisa or aubrey is silly they are just doing what they are being paid to do. Get ratings and make Mr. T more famous for his show. I enjoy the show but this season is very fake and overly dramatic. Also, the boardroom need to be shorter. No reason to ask every single player who they want to bring back to the boardroom or have fired and sometimes he askes the same people 2x or more the same questions.
The show is not scripted. From that statement, one would think the celebrities are reading from some script book or Obama-like teleprompter behind Trumps desk. That is not true. Some of the confessional's (those single interview moments) may be rehearsed and pre-prepared by the celebrities however.

It is however, carefully edited and of course Trump manipulates the celebrities in order to get "good TV" situations, and bases his firing choice on that certainly.

By the way, I am going to invent a drinking game after Lou's "110%" line. Every time he says it, you take a shot of your adult beverage of choice. How drunk will one get after the show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 PM

1,812 posts, read 1,208,031 times
ahhh uhhhhhh

Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM

1,989 posts, read 1,819,590 times
I really admire the contestants (and I can only think of two) who refrain from criticizing others other than offering feedback on ideas or when asked in the board room.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM

1,673 posts, read 3,103,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The show is not scripted. From that statement, one would think the celebrities are reading from some script book or Obama-like teleprompter behind Trumps desk. That is not true. Some of the confessional's (those single interview moments) may be rehearsed and pre-prepared by the celebrities however.

It is however, carefully edited and of course Trump manipulates the celebrities in order to get "good TV" situations, and bases his firing choice on that certainly.

By the way, I am going to invent a drinking game after Lou's "110%" line. Every time he says it, you take a shot of your adult beverage of choice. How drunk will one get after the show?

Sounds like you're a fan of Andy Cohen & Watch What Happens Live. :-)

Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 PM

13,324 posts, read 9,652,579 times
When Aubrey mention that Arsenio left the entertainment industry she clearly offended him. I may be wrong about this but I thought that Arsenio was diagnosed with MS which is why he quit the business until he felt he could handle working again. Whatever the reason, she was way out of line because it was obviously for personal reasons. I hope she is gone soon. Her manipulation tactics are wearing thin and everyone is on to her.

She is either monumentally insensitive or monumentally clueless as to how to treat others.

I agree with Golden Grain that Lou feels any criticism of him means prejudice or dislike. Lou needs to understand he is in a place where everyone is subject to criticism and to take it with graciousness. He should not expect preferential treatment. Marley Matlin didn't and she has a greater obstacle with her deafness than Lou.

Dayna should have left Lisa alone when Lisa was going batty-coo coo over Dayna's subway suggestion. All Dayna succeeded in was poking the beast and making it more angry. Lisa will never give her a chance to show her ideas or suggestions. She really has something against Dayna that is way bigger than just a competitor on her team.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:53 PM

9,699 posts, read 6,330,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
When Aubrey mention that Arsenio left the entertainment industry she clearly offended him. I may be wrong about this but I thought that Arsenio was diagnosed with MS which is why he quit the business until he felt he could handle working again. Whatever the reason, she was way out of line because it was obviously for personal reasons. I hope she is gone soon. Her manipulation tactics are wearing thin and everyone is on to her.

She is either monumentally insensitive or monumentally clueless as to how to treat others.

I agree with Golden Grain that Lou feels any criticism of him means prejudice or dislike. Lou needs to understand he is in a place where everyone is subject to criticism and to take it with graciousness. He should not expect preferential treatment. Marley Matlin didn't and she has a greater obstacle with her deafness than Lou.

Dayna should have left Lisa alone when Lisa was going batty-coo coo over Dayna's subway suggestion. All Dayna succeeded in was poking the beast and making it more angry. Lisa will never give her a chance to show her ideas or suggestions. She really has something against Dayna that is way bigger than just a competitor on her team.
that is Montel Williams who has MS.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM

13,324 posts, read 9,652,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
that is Montel Williams who has MS.
Oh! Right! Whatever was I thinking?

Must be a Senior momnent! Or the drugs they give me to keep me quiet.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM

543 posts, read 616,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
[/color][/b]

Sounds like you're a fan of Andy Cohen & Watch What Happens Live. :-)
I'm a fan of WWHL, so i'll be playing the game next week!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM

12,244 posts, read 16,295,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Marley Matlin didn't and she has a greater obstacle with her deafness than Lou.
Yeah...his name was Jack!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM

7,852 posts, read 11,989,385 times
Who is Aubrey (in real life, I mean)?

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV