U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM

43,017 posts, read 50,438,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Seriously can this woman (Lisa) get any uglier? I've never seen her stand up act and now I'm never going to!! UGH. Can she be any more envious of Dayana's beauty? Dayana is classy and sweet and yes she IS talented. Look at how she made those puppets!! She's just not jerk, in your face, witch like Lisa is. I was hoping they lost so Lisa could be booted out. Now we'll have another week with her.
When Lisa was asked who she would bring into the boardroom, did you see the realization on her face that she couldn't bring in Dayana because she didn't give Dayana a task. It was hillarious. She had just sat there and talked about only being able to give people tasks that suited their talents and she didn't assign Dayana a task because she had no talent. Immediately after her saying that Donald asked, "Who will you bring back to the boardroom?" and Lisa's face just changed suddenly AS IF she suddenly realized that she COULDN'T bring Dayana back! Her little tactic of freezing Dayana out will ultimately be the end of Lisa because she can't blame Dayana for her own decisions to not give Dayana something to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Maybe she should realize that nobody, but Aubrey backs her up because everyone else has decencey and respect for themselves!
I couldn't believe she tormented them for not backing her up when Dayana didn't do anything wrong whatsoever. Clay and Penn just sat there shocked. And she had the nerve to belittle them for not jumping on her Dayana gallows.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Anyone who isnt disgusted enough with Lisa should read the section entitled THE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE 5 in the below article. It's so vulgar that I cant even excerpt any of it.

Lisa Lampanelli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wow!

Quote:
While being interviewed on a radio show, Lampanelli made several racist remarks towards Dayana Mendoza, stating “I actually would love to see her [Dayana] giving birth. She's a ****! She's going to do it ****ing soon anyway. She'll be knocked up before the end of the week.”[28] Through The Huffington Post, Mendoza responded: “If poking fun at me can help her sell tickets to her shows, no problem. I am happy to help her put food on her table; however, when she uses racial slurs, she is not only targeting myself, but degrading an entire Hispanic culture.”[29]

Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM

1,992 posts, read 1,930,253 times
I think Lisa's problem (beside being rude) is that she never got over Dayana's bad suggestions in the first few episodes. Dayana does have skills but creative ideas may not be one of them (or is that just an euphemism for saying she isn't very smart?). Still Dayana does well when she is given tasks to do and I give her credit for trying to contribute. Lisa should have been willing to open her mind and give her a second chance, especially when she did so well as PM. I did think it was positive that Lisa said she would bring herself back if her team lost. I was disappointed that Dayana stooped to her level in making fun of Lisa crying but can understand how frustrated Dayana must feel.

I didn't blame Paul for choosing Teresa over Arsenio - she really seems slow to grasp things and do things. She would drive me nuts. I have never seen her show on TV and am wondering if she was like this on the show.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:02 PM

13,601 posts, read 10,674,707 times
I wish Trump would put Lisa and Dayana on different teams. I know he won't because he aims for the lowest common denominator and thinks that the fueding is good for the show. But I don't think it is. It isn't fueding, it's bullying. And that's what Lisa is doing to Dayana; bullying her. Or at least trying to. Dayana, except for her brief break-down is holding up remarkably well.

I was more disgusted with Lisa when she aimed her puppet at Dayana and spoke with her idiotic, stupid, stereotypical "Spanish" accent. That was just plain insulting. I think Clay told her do it. I remember hearing someone say "Lisa do your Spanish accent, " but I didn't catch who it was. Regardless, Dayana was correct when she said Lisa was being disrespectful and unprofessional.

Lisa didn't say a word when the Hensen people praised Dayana for her work on the puppets. Nor did she bat an eye when Eric and Trump mentioned it in the boardroom. Was is raging jealousy or was it just that she was trying to set Dayana up to be the one to be fired if her team lost? I didn't believe her crocodile tears when she said as the team leader it would be her fault if they lost and she wouldn't name anyone to be brought into the boardroom if that happened. Because when pressed by Trump she changed that to an "I haven't decided" knowing that often when the TL says that, they get fired.

I am gaining more and more respect for Dayana and less and less liking for Lisa who I am beginning to think has some serious mental issues and Trump is playing on them for entertainment value.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM

1,992 posts, read 1,930,253 times
Clay asked her to and agree it was disrespectful. She was also clearly poking fun at Dayana when she had her puppets make comments about the dumb beauty (I can't remember the exact phrase) while they were practicing.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 04-16-2012 at 01:02 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 12:46 PM

2,343 posts, read 1,278,010 times
Throughout this whole competition Penn has been a complete gentleman both on tasks and in the boardroom. He's also smart and funny. Go Penn!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,639,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I guess it never occurred to me that his facial twitch would be considered a disability. To me it was more like a facial expression or someone biting their lip or rolling their eyes when they are nervous. I am sorry for making a joke about it, Magritte25. You are right, people should not be criticized for things they cannot help or their physical appearance.
I probably missed something. Do we know for sure that it is a genuine disability, or just an annoying facial habit?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
His personality doesn't open him up to taunting of things he has no control over - his disabilities. JMO
But this is what the show is about and probably why Trump chose Lou to be on it. It is all about people acting like drowning rats in a cage.

If you want to look at it in one way, Lisa is deeply wounded. She's a seriously ill person, mentally, and those phony tears show that she's manipulative as well, which means she can control the nasty side, but choses not to.

Anyone who is around Lisa who has power, may be of some use to her, maybe later on to further her career, she is nice to (like Penn). It seems as though she views the entirety of life as a battle of us/me against them. She will attack even when unprovoked.

THAT, to me, is a disability.

I heard that most comedians are flawed and need therapy. I used to pity Don Rickles so badly that I could not watch him. Lisa is at least as bad. I have never heard/saw her comedy.

Lou is obviously accustomed to getting a lot of slack because of his disability. A little prod or two in the opposite direction might not be uncalled for.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
I've been wondering why Trump asks trick questions in the boardroom. I guess that's what execs do? I think for that specific question to Lou, Trump was wanting to see if Lou could fudge a creative semi-true answer. Sort of like testing folks' abilities in office politics Just a guess. I don't know how the Donald thinks. He claims he wants honesty but that's only half the story i think.
Trump is manipulative and enjoys setting people up when he can. He's not as smart as some, but he sits in the throne and as they say, power corrupts.

He reminds me of some craggy evil witch from some sy-fi movie, pretending that if her victims answer her correctly she won't eat them. As he asks questions, you can almost see him slobbering saliva and licking his chops.

(No offense meant.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV