U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM

13,367 posts, read 9,814,429 times
I think as long a Dayana is able to hold her own against Lisa, Trump will keep them on the same team. He knows what is going on and is not taking Lisa's BS seriously.

I wonder if Dayana realizes how many fans she has acquired because of this show. I wonder if Lisa realizes how many she has lost.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM

2,686 posts, read 2,026,047 times
There is no way Trump will allow Lisa to win this. He likes to egg her on in the boardroom, but he knows she is making a fool of herself.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 PM

1,990 posts, read 1,836,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think as long a Dayana is able to hold her own against Lisa, Trump will keep them on the same team. He knows what is going on and is not taking Lisa's BS seriously.

I wonder if Dayana realizes how many fans she has acquired because of this show. I wonder if Lisa realizes how many she has lost.
Maybe that is the plan? No one likes a bully and people in the U.S. love the underdog to win. Didn't someone say Trump is connected with the Miss Universe Pageant or whatever she is from?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,035,149 times
Quote:
I agree. There is nothing at all wrong with taking part in the family business. Look at all the "and Sons" and even some "and Daughters" business signs.

If the kids want in and they work hard, why shouldn't they be a part of the family business? The Trump kids seem pretty knowledgeable about business and you don't hear about them doing drugs or hurting people like the kids of some celebrities. Whatever there is to be said about Trump, so far his kids turned out pretty decent.
Did I read somewhere about one of these kids killing protected game in Africa? I think there's a lawsuit.

I guess this sort of thing is so far removed from the lifestyle of the average American that it doesn't really matter.

And, working for pappy's business certainly worked for the Donald, so why not with the kids? I just think the people in the company would treat the kids as though they walk on water, and the kids don't seem to be the type to discourage that sort of treatment.

I don't think they learn as much in a company where everyone is kissing their posterior as compared to a place in which they had to prove themselves by their own efforts.

They are just cruising and probably don't even know it.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I don't know about the other Trump children, but I read part of Ivanka's biography. She graduated Summa C U M Laude at the Wharton School of Business, went on to recieve further education and then insisted ON NOT WORKING FOR HER FATHER immediately out of school, but rather went to work for ONE OF HIS COMPETITORS for a few years. She did this so she could cut her teeth in the family business WITHOUT the protection of her family and to prove she could do it on her own. She excelled in the other company, who tried to hire her more permanently, but after she proved to herself that she could do it without familial help, she wanted to work for her father. She also started working for the competitor first because she was afraid to fail in front of her father, and so if she failed, it wouldn't be under his scrutiny and judgment.

She also mentioned that if she couldn't hack it, her father WOULD FIRE HER and I believe that. He's not going to risk his fortune for anyone. She also talked about working long hours and the importance of going in to work on Sunday (lol) and being the first one in and staying later than everyone else in order to really make it in business, which she says helped her.

She is no slacker and she's not riding on her dad's coattails, that's for sure.
Yes. I did say the daughter is the one to show some initiative.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Did I read somewhere about one of these kids killing protected game in Africa? I think there's a lawsuit.

I guess this sort of thing is so far removed from the lifestyle of the average American that it doesn't really matter.

And, working for pappy's business certainly worked for the Donald, so why not with the kids? I just think the people in the company would treat the kids as though they walk on water, and the kids don't seem to be the type to discourage that sort of treatment.

I don't think they learn as much in a company where everyone is kissing their posterior as compared to a place in which they had to prove themselves by their own efforts.

They are just cruising and probably don't even know it.
Yes, it was discussed on this thread. It is no secret that happened. It is a very terrible thing and does point out one very negative behaver of one of the kids. Hopefully, he will have to answer to the law. But my point was the larger picture in that we don't see them in scandals every other week as we do many kids of celebreties.

With Ivanka going to the Wharton School of Business and graduating Suma *** Laud I do not think she is skating by anything.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 AM

14,272 posts, read 8,291,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I love that Bill Gates isn't leaving his children much money. I recall he has willed only 10 million dollars to each of them because he believes it is important for them to make their own way.

What will Gates’ children inherit? | Bankrate.com

Oh is that all? Poor things.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:27 AM

12,246 posts, read 16,416,849 times
Quote:
Suma *** Laud
LOL (at the auto editor)!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was discussed on this thread. It is no secret that happened. It is a very terrible thing and does point out one very negative behaver of one of the kids. Hopefully, he will have to answer to the law. But my point was the larger picture in that we don't see them in scandals every other week as we do many kids of celebreties.

With Ivanka going to the Wharton School of Business and graduating Suma *** Laud I do not think she is skating by anything.
With that, which her dad's money bought her . . .

I give her credit, a lot, for working for the competition, working her way into a better position, and for starting her own business.

She seems to be the one who should inherit the business. I hope the Donald does not split his empire among his children. Usually the thing never reaches its former glory when that happens because the children are poorly equipped/have not the spirit to run it properly.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk II View Post
LOL (at the auto editor)!
Me too! I guess it thought I was being suma cume naughty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV