U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 AM
 
Location: gazing @ the Blue Ridge Mountains
10,007 posts, read 7,143,991 times
Reputation: 13828

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Anyone who's watched this show KNOWS that
Spoiler
Dayana would have to do something like spit on Trump's toupee before he'd fire her.

I doubt he promised her that she'd win -- but he's probably had her winning in mind from the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
As much as I like Clay, I agree that he should have been fired tonight -- not for anything he did but for being so ignorant, after all the times he's been in the board room, as to think that Trump would even consider firing Dayana.

The only reason Lisa hasnt been fired is that she brings a lot of controversy to the table -- and controversy is good for water-cooler-talk and the resulting advertising $$$.

Clay's not being fired tonight suggests that Trump wants to see him as one of the finalists.

you got me all confused. Your first post makes it seem like you think Dayana should have been fired..............then as others began posting you changed your mind? ?? ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 AM
 
Location: home...finally, home .
7,862 posts, read 12,634,992 times
Reputation: 16548
Penn was my favorite of everyone & the show will not be the same without him. A really cool and classy guy.
__________________
******************


Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Cleveland Heights OH
13,601 posts, read 10,695,006 times
Reputation: 13276
Spoiler

I think as the project manager Clay should have been fired and I have enjoyed watching him week after week. I am not a big Penn fan but I don't think he should have been fired just because of the slogan.


Bringing Dayana back into the boardroom was ridiculous. She did nothing wrong in this task. To comment that he would fire her because of future competitions does not make sense. Trump even said it shouldn't be considered a criteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 AM
 
Location: I am no Longer Invisible!!!!!
6,395 posts, read 5,953,538 times
Reputation: 15940
Clay should of been fired - Plain and simple...

I knew they were going to lose.. They had no test samples to take home. He was a crappy Leader.

And, I knew Penn was going to get fired - Because He's too nice and laid back.

Donald is all about Drama - Drama, Drama!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 AM
 
10,564 posts, read 8,957,720 times
Reputation: 11702
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you got me all confused. Your first post makes it seem like you think Dayana should have been fired..............then as others began posting you changed your mind? ?? ??

Not at all. My first post, which is shown at the end of this post (because your post left it in the spoiler caption) was a followup to my previous post, which said "Clay should have known better than to bring Dayana back. The name of the game is understand Donald Trump -- and Trump isnt about to fire Dayana."

I was expressing my surprise that Clay, who seems to play this game well, wouldnt know better than to offend Trump by bringing Dayana back for potential firing.

I've never thought Dayana should be fired and have even supported her in earlier posts.

And, to be honest, I'm somewhat offended at your accusation that I changed my mind because of public opinion. I've never done that and never would.


"Dayana would have to do something like spit on Trump's toupee before he'd fire her.
I doubt he promised her that she'd win -- but he's probably had her winning in mind from the beginning."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...
28,535 posts, read 21,680,939 times
Reputation: 76893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Clay should of been fired - Plain and simple...

I knew they were going to lose.. They had no test samples to take home. He was a crappy Leader.

And, I knew Penn was going to get fired - Because He's too nice and laid back.

Donald is all about Drama - Drama, Drama!!!![/b]
More like Dayana-Dayana-Dayana...

IMO. Turnip is not consistant with his firings. In the beginning it was always the project manager who should be fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
11,265 posts, read 9,692,732 times
Reputation: 61122
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I'm sorry but I disagree. I think it is part of a normal person's development to want to spread their wings and do it their way.

There are so many - lots - of people in big organizations who just kiss up to anyone who may advance their career. That is what these kids have in dad's business. THey don't have to prove themselves. I think this is the time in life in which they should be trying to build their own little empires. At least the daughter is trying to do something on her own.

Kids who don't strike out on their own are probably most likely to ruin the business when dad passes. They are not used to being up against market forces and making sink or swim decisions.

Anderson Cooper went off on his own. Warren Buffet kicked his kids out on their own. There are probably many examples of this. If I had kids I would encourage them to go out on their own, take risks, learn, while I was still there to fall back on just in case.

I would not want them hanging on to my coattails.
His kids aren't hanging on his coattails, they are developing a brand. Ivanka created a line of Trump handbags and a line of Trump jewelry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
 
11,151 posts, read 9,630,432 times
Reputation: 18540
Did anyone else at the younger Trump's comment that "pompous" wasn't representative of the Trump name?

Puhleeeeeze .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
 
3,630 posts, read 2,844,141 times
Reputation: 3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Did anyone else at the younger Trump's comment that "pompous" wasn't representative of the Trump name?

Puhleeeeeze .....
lol!---maybe he meant that it was indicative of the name entirely---more correctly stated it should have been pompous a**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
 
1,992 posts, read 1,932,310 times
Reputation: 15768
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Penn was my favorite of everyone & the show will not be the same without him. A really cool and classy guy.
Mine too. He was the only one left who didn't resort to backstabbing and whining and there was not a single episode when his teammates did not said he contributed a lot. I wondered why Trump didn't even up the teams and now I think it was a set up to pick off Penn who he saw as the main competitor to Clay who I think is the person he has decided to let win. Notice I say "let win" because it is obvious to me that who goes home each week has less to do with their performance than with Trump's agenda. The money was so inconsistent also, with $20,000 last week and so much more this week.

I am not even sure if I want to watch anymore since I don't think there is a good candidate left. I think it will come down to Arsenio vs. Clay.

Arsenio - prob my favorite of those left but his outburst with Aubrey was over the top and he should have stood up to her before hitting the boardroom, Teresa - who couldn't make her puppet do two syllables for the word seven , Lisa - legendary outbursts, Aubrey - bizarre attempts at attracting a Trump son, Clay - backstabbing, whining, ineffectual leader, Dayana - bad ideas

BTW, you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat secretaries, waiters, etc. I have been noticing the receptionist's responses to the fired contestants and her friendliest response was to Tia.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 04-23-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top