Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I am thinking maybe Dayana might be the winner of this whole thing and with that maybe she will marry a Trump lol That will put Aubrey and Lisa in their places.
That really upsets my stomach, to think of a fine woman marrying a Trump. Only fortune hunters seem to be attracted to them. I don't think Dayana would want to, frankly.

Trump is a big phony. A blowhard. A windbag. Impressed with himself.

Maybe I'm being unfair to the kids. I'm just thinking that maybe they should not all be there leaching off the father's business. They should be out there trying to make it on their own and should be able to do so with the great education they've gotten.

Any kid worth his salt does this.

Instead, they are all huddled together under the protection of daddy's money. Spineless, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
goldengrain, I think the Trump kids have every right to learn the real estate and entertainment business from their father. Many sons and daughters go into the family business -- why should the Trump kids be any different?

Believe me, their father doesnt cut them any slack. He's probably the hardest, and probably the harshest, boss they'll ever have. Yes, they're making a fortune but they're earning it too. I dont begrudge them one penny.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
goldengrain, I think the Trump kids have every right to learn the real estate and entertainment business from their father. Many sons and daughters go into the family business -- why should the Trump kids be any different?

Believe me, their father doesnt cut them any slack. He's probably the hardest, and probably the harshest, boss they'll ever have. Yes, they're making a fortune but they're earning it too. I dont begrudge them one penny.
I'm sorry but I disagree. I think it is part of a normal person's development to want to spread their wings and do it their way.

There are so many - lots - of people in big organizations who just kiss up to anyone who may advance their career. That is what these kids have in dad's business. THey don't have to prove themselves. I think this is the time in life in which they should be trying to build their own little empires. At least the daughter is trying to do something on her own.

Kids who don't strike out on their own are probably most likely to ruin the business when dad passes. They are not used to being up against market forces and making sink or swim decisions.

Anderson Cooper went off on his own. Warren Buffet kicked his kids out on their own. There are probably many examples of this. If I had kids I would encourage them to go out on their own, take risks, learn, while I was still there to fall back on just in case.

I would not want them hanging on to my coattails.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas firewheel View Post
golden grain, I think the Trump kids have every right to learn the real estate and entertainment business from their father. Many sons and daughters go into the family business -- why should the Trump kids be any different?

Believe me, their father doesn't cut them any slack. He's probably the hardest, and probably the harshest, boss they'll ever have. Yes, they're making a fortune but they're earning it too. I don't begrudge them one penny.
I agree. There is nothing at all wrong with taking part in the family business. Look at all the "and Sons" and even some "and Daughters" business signs.

If the kids want in and they work hard, why shouldn't they be a part of the family business? The Trump kids seem pretty knowledgeable about business and you don't hear about them doing drugs or hurting people like the kids of some celebrities. Whatever there is to be said about Trump, so far his kids turned out pretty decent.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:53 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,771 times
Like most adult children realize I think the Trump kids know 100% what a blowhard arsehole their dad is, but he controls the purse strings. They back him on his tv show, but when he truly makes an a ss of himself they stay relatively quiet like his presidential run and all that went with it. They may be as horrific as their dad, but they keep that side of themselves out of the public eye, for now. That said I have doubts that they'd be where they are at their age had it not been for him. Trump, Jr. seems like a dud, but I do get a cut throat b vibe from Ivanka.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:46 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
When Dayana asksfor something to do, she wants to make sure it goes on record that the Project Manager doesn't assign her anything to do, and that her lack of involvement has nothing to do with lack of interest and motivation. She made that choice after the boardroom immediately prior to when Lisa was project manager last time. She said that she realized she needed to be more aggressive to protect herself (since she was constantly bring brought into the boardroom for firing). It freaks Lisa out that Dayana stopped being a passive doormat because Lisa was used to getting away with blaming Dayana earlier. Dayana has figured out how to protect herself. She can't be fired if the project manager doesn't give her a task---especially if she goes on record for actively trying to be assigned a task.

I forgot Dayanna said she needed to be more aggressive. If they had lost this last task Lisa would have been fired and she knows it. Because she didn't give Dayanna a task and, as you said, Dayanna made sure it was well known and on record that she asked for a task to do. this time she didn't just take what she was thrown right away. She aksed to do what Lisa and Clay were doing because she wanted to show she can do just as good as they can. That did freak Lisa a little and I don't think she expected Dayanna to get angry and upset enough to walk out though she probably though she won an argument that was really her freaking out for no good reason. I could see Dayanna winning except that, well, truthfully, I don't think Donald wants a woman Apprentice. The one and only woman I can remember winning was Joan Rivers.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM

By asking for tasks and then being turned down in front of the other team members, Dayana was acquiring witnesses to the fact that Lisa was trying to shut her out. If she had just gone to Lisa with no one else around, it would have been her word against Lisa's that Lisa wouldn't give her a job to do and I am certain Lisa would have bellowed and cried and lied about it in the boardroom.

Dayana is learning to be as cunning as the rest of them. Good for her!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I wonder if all of the celebs will come back for the finale. The Andretti son might not, for one.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
I forgot Dayanna said she needed to be more aggressive. If they had lost this last task Lisa would have been fired and she knows it. Because she didn't give Dayanna a task and, as you said, Dayanna made sure it was well known and on record that she asked for a task to do. this time she didn't just take what she was thrown right away. She aksed to do what Lisa and Clay were doing because she wanted to show she can do just as good as they can. That did freak Lisa a little and I don't think she expected Dayanna to get angry and upset enough to walk out though she probably though she won an argument that was really her freaking out for no good reason. I could see Dayanna winning except that, well, truthfully, I don't think Donald wants a woman Apprentice. The one and only woman I can remember winning was Joan Rivers.

Dayana was given a task. There were only so many tasks to go around.

Why would Donald Trump object to a woman winning?
It isn't as though the winner is really his apprentice.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I wonder if all of the celebs will come back for the finale. The Andretti son might not, for one.
I don't think Adam Corolla would be too likely to return either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV