Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,626,875 times

Advertisements

I am going to assume that the audience here has been watching the show and have seen all the episodes as there will be potential spoilers ahead. In the last episode it ends with the car accident with Sam being injured in a side impact collision which is usually fatal. I got nothing in the previews that showed what happened to Sam whether he died or survived. Either way Ben is going to feel responsible as if he hadn’t beaten that pimp he wouldn’t have attacked them and caused the accident. And here we had Sam finally coming around and stop being such a preck to Ben which in my opinion went on too long. A seasoned cop/detective like Sam should have gotten over it or requested a new partner.

The preview showed Cooper confronting Tang about lying to get her promotion and I can see the orange safety cap becoming an issue. At first I liked Tang but when she removed that orange safety cap I was disappointed. Then again I’m sure cops do little things like this all the time but maybe not to that extreme.

I like Southland and its gritty, harsh, realness to it. Things don’t always turn out right or have the happy ending like so many other cop shows do. I’m also wondering if Lydia is going to lose her baby after being attacked. I spoke with someone in law enforcement and they said in reality they would never leave a partner alone like that, one or more would have stayed behind to back her up and the male detective would most likely have taken point entering the darkened building.

That was a funny scene with the banana peel litterer. “Its biodegradable” and we’ve all heard that before. Cooper’s remark was classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,400,910 times
Oh, she did remove the orange safety? I'd missed that episode, and was wondering. Thanks. Did Cooper not see it? Was he telling the truth?

The banana peel exchange cracked me up too - especially when Cooper leaned into the car and got right in his face. HA!

That T-Bone was pretty harsh. I didn't notice that Sam's airbag had deployed (not that it would have helped) I did see that the one on Ben's side did.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Oh, she did remove the orange safety? I'd missed that episode, and was wondering. Thanks. Did Cooper not see it? Was he telling the truth?

The banana peel exchange cracked me up too - especially when Cooper leaned into the car and got right in his face. HA!

That T-Bone was pretty harsh. I didn't notice that Sam's airbag had deployed (not that it would have helped) I did see that the one on Ben's side did.
Cooper saw Tang doing something with the gun but so far it hasn’t been revealed exactly what he saw. At the end of the episode it showed Tang arriving at her home dropping her keys into a dish and the orange safety end cap for the gun was among what she dropped into the dish.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,176,244 times
I caught part of one season 1 epi on a rerun and mentally signed up for season 2. I like it a lot so far but unfortunately can't comment much because Netflix doesn't have season 1 on streaming!!!!! (they never seem to have what I want on streaming, 90% of the time).

I too was surprised by the video. I can actually see that if it had been a little less violent or serious that yes, there would be a lot of negative sort of teasing The fact that women are cops when they are not as physically strong as men will always be an issue. Seeing how violent and serious was I was a little surprised. But I guess that even then there would be some that would behave that way. She made a mistake by getting to close to the guy - and they would behave that way with a guy who did the same thing. Cops work in a fairly dark world, they don't sugar coat much amongst each other.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 PM

Tang getting beaten up like that was very real. I saw a real life dashcam video from a police car showing a traffic stop with a lone female officer encountering a larger male who outright punched her in the face painfully knocking her down and out for a few seconds. He then got back in his car and drove off. I think the real life guy was caught later but I’m not sure what happened with Tang’s attacker.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:58 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,098,787 times
I love this show and was happy when TNT picked it up. Thanks for the comments about the orange tip. I totally missed that Tang dropped it in the key tray. I hope Sammy lives. That wreck was unexpected and startled me. The show definitely keeps you on your toes at times. I think this is my favorite cop show because I think it's the most realistic. From personal experience razzing each other is part of the make up. Rookies are treated the worst.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 AM

469 posts, read 910,684 times
Cant stand this show. So fake and nothing like the real deal.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,755,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
Couldn't disagree more. This is a great cop show and definitely one that keeps me watching. I like the camera work on this show. It adds to the drama, especially the scenes with officers chasing perps. I'm glad this show is in it's 5th season. Hope there is a 6th.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:58 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,755,572 times
For those that want to watch, Southland is on TNT on Wednesday nights. Seasons 1-4 are on DVD now.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,643,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
Not everyone has good taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV