Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,951,171 times

Advertisements

Thanks!! All makes sense. I like it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 11:01 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,694,582 times
Bummed that they are not starting until March. Of course it is hard not to see him as Jack Bauer saving the day. Especially with the first episode!

Old 01-28-2012, 12:48 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,282,217 times
This is from the FOX press release:

"FOX has ordered 13 episodes of the new drama series Touch, created and written by Emmy-nominated Tim Kring (Heroes), it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. Touch, starring Emmy and Golden Globe winner Kiefer Sutherland, will join the schedule in the spring of 2012. The pilot was directed and executive-produced by Francis Lawrence (Water for Elephants), and the show comes from Chernin Entertainment and Tailwind Productions, in association with 20th Century Fox Television...

TOUCH is a distinct and colorful drama in which science and spirituality intersect with the hopeful premise that we are all interconnected, tied in invisible ways to those whose lives we are destined to alter and impact.

At the center of TOUCH is MARTIN BOHM (Sutherland), a widower and single father, haunted by an inability to connect to his mute 11-year-old son, JAKE (David Mazouz). After multiple failed attempts at keeping Jake in school, Martin is visited by CLEA HOPKINS (Gugu Mbatha-Raw), a social worker sent to evaluate Jake’s well-being. Everything changes when Martin discovers that Jake possesses the gift of staggering genius – the ability to see things that no one else can and the patterns that connect seemingly unrelated events. Jake is indeed communicating. But it’s not with words, it’s with numbers. Martin meets ARTHUR DEWITT (Danny Glover), a professor and an expert on children who possess special gifts when it comes to numbers. Now, it’s up to Martin to decipher the meaning and connect the numbers to the cast of characters whose lives they affect...

Kring, Lawrence, Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope (both of New Girl and Terra Nova), Sutherland (24), Suzan Bymel (The War at Home), and Carol Barbee (Jericho) are executive producers."

Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,506,516 times
It was okay. I kind of wish the Dad had been a tad more skeptical. I mean you think something is an institute, but it turns out to be some odd guy's house where he tells you about Fibonacci and how your son is an evolutionary marvel. Seems like you wouldn't just instantly buy whatever he tells you.

True I can see why a Dad would want to believe what the guy said, it gives him a chance to connect to his son, but I guess a part of me wanted him to be a bit reluctant. Like "I so want to believe what you're saying, but I just met you so I'm not certain" or at least "This could explain some things I've seen, but can you explain a bit better about how or why you think this is so?" Instead it seemed a bit more like, "I so want to believe what you're saying, so I will!" (To paraphrase Futurama)

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,156,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
It was okay. I kind of wish the Dad had been a tad more skeptical. I mean you think something is an institute, but it turns out to be some odd guy's house where he tells you about Fibonacci and how your son is an evolutionary marvel. Seems like you wouldn't just instantly buy whatever he tells you.

True I can see why a Dad would want to believe what the guy said, it gives him a chance to connect to his son, but I guess a part of me wanted him to be a bit reluctant. Like "I so want to believe what you're saying, but I just met you so I'm not certain" or at least "This could explain some things I've seen, but can you explain a bit better about how or why you think this is so?" Instead it seemed a bit more like, "I so want to believe what you're saying, so I will!" (To paraphrase Futurama)
Did you notice however that the Danny Glover character brought out two bottles of Orange Soda?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,156,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
SPOILER

Because of all the numbers that his son keeps obsessing over - Kiefer figures out that one of them is a telephone number. When he does a reverse look-up he discovers that the telephone is in Grand Central Terminal. He thinks that his son is trying to tell him that there is a bomb or impending terrorist attack. When he gets there he finds the phone and the man who won the Lottery is using the phone. He tries to get him off the phone and they end up scuffling. Basically, because of this the man misses his trains and winds up saving the lives of schoolbus children. Also turned out that this man was an ex-firefighter and first responder at the WTC on 9/11 and tried to save the late wife of Kiefer. Which we find out when he leaves the message on Kiefer's telephone.
I just loved this show - loved how everything was connected even down to the Oven that the boys in Mumbai needed.
I just wanted to correct myself - for some reason I wrote 'Mumbai' when it was actually in Bagdad.

I re-watched this episode and noticed quite a bit that I had missed the first time around. It really is the sort of show that you do need to watch at least twice. I love how the number 318 shows up throughout the episode. And that the Firefighter's badge was left at the wife's grave and it was #318. So was the school bus. And the British couple's baby died on 3/18. Love this show and really really hope it can maintain the quality script writing of the pilot.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM

8,807 posts, read 21,238,611 times
I watched it last night (March 15th) . I guess it was the first episode. I am not certain what it will be about except that appears to be loosely like that movie with Brad Pitt ( Babel ). It's very strange. I liked it, though.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-24-2012, 05:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,379,702 times
I was searching for a thread about this show and I am glad I found one. I just was able to watch a part of the episode a couple of nights ago and was intrigued by it. I recorded it and am going to search on On Demand for prior episodes so I can watch them in order.

The little I saw of it looked really good.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,379,702 times
Okay I just watched the first two episodes. There is no violence, no blood and gore, no bad words, no sexy scenes; just a really well thought out show that makes you sit there and pay attention.

So it probably won't survive after one season.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 AM

25,805 posts, read 16,451,635 times
The show is getting preachy and weird. I'll give it one more week. Why did K Sutherland get himself involved with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV