Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I totally agree with you that Emily is not your average young single mother. While she seems to love her daughter very much and provides for her, she certainly doesn't seem to be making any huge sacrifices of her own like many mothers do when it comes to their children. Her house is big and beautiful too, so any guy she agrees to marry is going to have to come up with something equal or better. She's not going to be one to settle.

I read somewhere (maybe Reality Steve) that all of the guys had to be well-off to even be considered for Emily's season and, somehow, that wouldn't surprise me.

I agree. Most single mom's aren't able to live like her.
Her daughter's father's family is very well off and I think her family is well off as well.

That's interesting what you read somewhere. So Emily requested that all of her Suitor's had to be well off?

I did hear that Emily agreed to do the show as they offered her $250,000. Don't know if that is true or not. Wonder if other's haven't been offered money or if perhaps they were offered much less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:57 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you that Emily is not your average young single mother. While she seems to love her daughter very much and provides for her, she certainly doesn't seem to be making any huge sacrifices of her own like many mothers do when it comes to their children. Her house is big and beautiful too, so any guy she agrees to marry is going to have to come up with something equal or better. She's not going to be one to settle.

I read somewhere (maybe Reality Steve) that all of the guys had to be well-off to even be considered for Emily's season and, somehow, that wouldn't surprise me.
It wouldn't surprise me, but I hope it's not true that only well off men were considered. I can understand wanting a man with a solid career, that's a must for most women, but what if the guy who is perfect for you, and would shower you and your child with love happens to be a not very well paid teacher, or social worker? That's not the kind of example I'd want to set for my daughter, that mom only considers well off men who can support her in luxury, and never thinks maybe she could get her own career to help out if a wonderful man doesn't happen to be wealthy. Probably the wealthy grandparent money train will slow if she gets married so she expects a man to keep it going full speed.

Last edited by detshen; 06-07-2012 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 09:36 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It wouldn't surprise me, but I hope it's not true that only well off men were considered. I can understand wanting a man with a solid career, that's a must for most women, but what if the guy who is perfect for you, and would shower you and your child with love happens to be a not very well paid teacher, or social worker? That's not the kind of example I'd want to set for my daughter, that mom only considers well off men who can support her in luxury, and never thinks maybe she could get her own career to help out if a wonderful man doesn't happen to be wealthy. Probably the wealthy grandparent money train will slow if she gets married so she expects a man to keep it going full speed.
...and this is probably the only "Reality" part of this whole show

Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
Jef with one F 's family are multi millionaires. His father is the CEO of World Financial Group. They are probably more wealthy then the Hendrick family and they are loaded.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Jef with one F 's family are multi millionaires. His father is the CEO of World Financial Group. They are probably more wealthy then the Hendrick family and they are loaded.
Yeah, but at an age when most young people from wealthy families are committed to partying, and wearing designer everything, he seems to really care about, and be dedicated to the very important cause of clean water for people living in poverty. To me that makes him much more interesting than just another guy who comes from money. I would hope that Emily would find that as attractive as his families net worth.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:13 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Quote:
Yeah, but at an age when most young people from wealthy families are committed to partying, and wearing designer everything, he seems to really care about, and be dedicated to the very important cause of clean water for people living in poverty. To me that makes him much more interesting than just another guy who comes from money. I would hope that Emily would find that as attractive as his families net worth.
I do like Jef's dedication to that cause and he seems to be mature for his age. (Finally a decent contestant from my home state...remembering Michelle and Bently that brought so much drama) Jef looks way younger than Emily though, or maybe it's just that Emily looks much older than 26. My daughter is 26 and Emily looks ancient compared to her. Maybe it's all the make up.

I have to say I am liking Emily in this season, a lot more than I thought I would.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I do like Jef's dedication to that cause and he seems to be mature for his age. (Finally a decent contestant from my home state...remembering Michelle and Bently that brought so much drama) Jef looks way younger than Emily though, or maybe it's just that Emily looks much older than 26. My daughter is 26 and Emily looks ancient compared to her. Maybe it's all the make up.

I have to say I am liking Emily in this season, a lot more than I thought I would.
I think it's that Emily looks older. I read an interview where she said that she often feels self conscious about her skin, so she puts on too much make up at times, she admitted that she would see herself in HD, and realize she looked older with all the make up on. I think she'd look better with a different hair color, maybe something a little darker with highlights, something fresher and softer, the all over bleached blonde can be a rather harsh look. Jef has that sort of boyish face though, he will probably always look younger.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:

Must be why that nice teacher got the boot. Teachers don't make much money.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:09 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,266 times
I know it's just a rumor at this point but many of the tabloids and websites are reporting that the next Bachelor has been signed up. I'll post who it is as a spoiler in case people don't want to know yet.

Spoiler

The next bachelor is going to be Roberto who won Ali's season.

I'm not sure how I feel about the choice. I'm not a huge fan of him, but I wasn't a fan of Emily either. I'll still wind up watching.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
Quote:
Oh absolutely but the money helps the cause. I am sure donations don't pay for travel, drills and accomodations for a crew while traveling. The interior of his Peoplewater bus rivals any celebrity bus. Yes unlike some wealthy folks he is spreading the wealth in good way. To quote him "Act neighborly, think globally"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV