Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
SO true about Ben...I stopped watching early on and just tuned in for the car wreck ending of him choosing Courtney. Gee...haven't heard much about that happy couple have we??

Is it absolutely for sure about Roberto? I have mixed feelings on that one...if he was interested in Aly he's not the brightest light. And I am getting a little tired of these
"re-treads" for Bachelor or Bachelorette -- even though I admit I'd watch if it were Sean one season.

It was announced that Roberto was the next Bachelor but I can't remember where. I wasn't a fan of Ali to begine with and I didn't watch that season after the first couple episodes. "re tread" is a great way of putting it lol. Sean would be the likely choice because he isn't really a 're-tread" as he wasn't picked. That's how they should be picked to be the next bachelor or bachelorette. I feel like if they were picked as the winner once and they couldn't make it for whatever reason, we really don't want them to have a second chance "on air"..... go out in the real world and find love. Although I have emjoyed Emily this season and she is a re-tread.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,885 times
Reality Steve said a while ago that Roberto was going to be the next Bachelor. But that they would still air those stupid casting commercials to make it look like they haven't decided. So dumb that they still air the commercials.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
Parts of Roberto's contract have been leaked, so I'd say it's a done deal.

Personally, I'd much rather see Sean cast, but what do I know?

Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 AM

506 posts, read 1,160,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Parts of Roberto's contract have been leaked, so I'd say it's a done deal.
The FIRST non-white Bachelor/Bachelorette EVER, if it's really Roberto.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
I think she chooses no one. The fact that she didn't say she was 'happy and in love' and on and on makes me think she chose neither guy.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I think she chooses no one. The fact that she didn't say she was 'happy and in love' and on and on makes me think she chose neither guy.
I wonder if after the show is done, she can still see, and perhaps continue relationships with those she rejected. If she says nobody it would most likely be because of her daughter and the realization that she was part of the mix and it wasn't *time* to pick yet, not until her daughter had met the likelys and interacted and she could see their true colors.

I don't think there has been on single ongoing marriage with either of these shows, and the one couple got divorced after about a year.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I wonder if after the show is done, she can still see, and perhaps continue relationships with those she rejected. If she says nobody it would most likely be because of her daughter and the realization that she was part of the mix and it wasn't *time* to pick yet, not until her daughter had met the likelys and interacted and she could see their true colors.

I don't think there has been on single ongoing marriage with either of these shows, and the one couple got divorced after about a year.

I am sure she could continue relationships if she picks no one. She knew going into it that no one would be able to get to know her daughter in that short of time and if that bothered her she shouldn't of done it. She could of had the guys meet her daughter, but she chose not to do that. (Jason had gals meet his son, can't remember if it was more than the final two that did)

There is one marriage...Trista and Ryan. Even though Jason and Molly are married, I don't count that one, as Molly wasn't the orginal girl he picked, it was Melissa.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Last edited by Chickrae; 07-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM

288 posts, read 717,099 times
It's somewhat surprising that out of 25 people the bachelor/ette almost never works out (besides Trista and Ryan as Chickrae mentioned). I wonder what it would be like to have 25 women vying for my attention. But then since it is TV you don't know if it is genuine or not.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM

506 posts, read 1,160,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
It's somewhat surprising that out of 25 people the bachelor/ette almost never works out (besides Trista and Ryan as Chickrae mentioned). I wonder what it would be like to have 25 women vying for my attention. But then since it is TV you don't know if it is genuine or not.
Alot of these contestants are very superficial people. A big percentage of them are not humble and down to earthy; they like to party and look good. Furthermore, they talke like this...."I feel like, we have like this like amazing connection. You know. Like, I have like known you like forever."

Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Respectfully disagree I think my point was missed. This is a show about connecting w/ Emily...."baggage" and all. I feel it was a disservice for this man to participate, even dishonest....perhaps even take the place of someone that would have bee a wonderful match....knowing he thought Emily's child was "baggage" If this were not a TV show....your point would make more sense.
I agree. As humans, we have filters, he apparently does not use his and it is sick that he prides himself on it. There is a difference between being honest and downright rude. Some things are better left inside your head where you choose what to do with it. When he realized that he didn't want it, he should have dismissed himself. But, no, he was there for the ride and yes, every season seems to have one or more there for that reason. THAT is the truth he should have spouted. He is a smug a-hole, IMO. The fact that Emily called him out on his stupid tweet and then he tried to weasel his way out of that one...then was called out AGAIN for putting "I'm sorry that I'm not sorry". Ignorant. I want to smack the look right off his face. He's gross. I think Chris was embarrassed when he told everyone they were friends. He should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
SO true about Ben...I stopped watching early on and just tuned in for the car wreck ending of him choosing Courtney. Gee...haven't heard much about that happy couple have we??

Is it absolutely for sure about Roberto? I have mixed feelings on that one...if he was interested in Aly he's not the brightest light. And I am getting a little tired of these
"re-treads" for Bachelor or Bachelorette -- even though I admit I'd watch if it were Sean one season.
I have no idea who Roberto is as I totally missed that season, but I totally agree...if you were picked on a previous season, you should not get a re-do. That is what the Bachelor Pad is for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV