Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

OK, that 'cut you out of my life' is straight from "Mommie Dearest".

Ryan did look beet red with guilt, didn't he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 07:10 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
OK, that 'cut you out of my life' is straight from "Mommie Dearest".

Ryan did look beet red with guilt, didn't he?
indeed he did

Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,069 times
if you are my FRIEND AND business PARTNER, IT IS shady for you to take buy google ads using my name as a search term and send people to my personal wesbite. It's actually shady for anyone to do this, much less your friend.

If homedepot were buying ads under the lowes name, lowes would hae them in court fatser than you could blink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
There is nothing shady about having internet hits with Jeff's name on Ryan's site. They are associated with one another and are business partners. Why wouldn't he do that? Competitors will use their names as well. Jeff should and probably is doing the same thing.

Did anyone actually get the magazine spread? First Jeff said his name was never mentioned in the spread then he said he was mentioned maybe once or twice. Ryan did the spread and let Jeff know about it so it is not like he did this spread without Jeff knowing about it. Ryan has been in the design business and Jeff has been in the flipping business. If Jeff wanted to be in on the action he should have asked for a piece of Ryan's company. I'm sure when Ryan was telling Jeff about the spread he mentioned to him that his business would be more in the focus. No one really cares who's furntiture is in the spread. The arguement was so petty and unproductive. Didn't Jeff take one of Ryan's client's? The crazy people that wanted Jeff and his assistant to meet them in their PJ's? He told Ryan after the fact. He didn't call Ryan and say your clients are calling me do you want the business or should I go after it. It took the job then told Ryan about it.

Jeff has trust issues and it would be a shame for him to cut Ryan out of his life. Jeff doesn't even trust his own father. Wonder how is assistant (forgot her name) is going to fill when she finds out Jeff was entertaining replacing her with the new blonde. Jeff creates his own drama that we love to watch.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
if you are my FRIEND AND business PARTNER, IT IS shady for you to take buy google ads using my name as a search term and send people to my personal wesbite. It's actually shady for anyone to do this, much less your friend.

If homedepot were buying ads under the lowes name, lowes would hae them in court fatser than you could blink.
you better believe it! I can't imagine how someone doing such a thing would think it's ok

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
Baybook, Jeff didn't say Ryan was buying google ads. What happens very often when people have websites they use search engine words and or terms that gets encrypted into the site. So when someone would search for Jeff's name Ryan's site and or other designer sites will appear. It is very common. You actually can not buy google ads with Jeff's name out. Google selects the placements of ads based off of them scrolling one website and or search engine words and terms.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Baybook, Jeff didn't say Ryan was buying google ads. What happens very often when people have websites they use search engine words and or terms that gets encrypted into the site. So when someone would search for Jeff's name Ryan's site and or other designer sites will appear. It is very common. You actually can not buy google ads with Jeff's name out. Google selects the placements of ads based off of them scrolling one website and or search engine words and terms.
you do not have all your facts-apparently

Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM

What facts am I missing?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
What facts am I missing?
must I do all the research for you? Do you watch-no -follow the show?
Do you know that when Jeff typed in his own name and clicked on IT-not on Ryans name-on HIS name; he was directed to and directed STRAIGHT to Ryan's company, not Jeffs. He tried hitting on multiple listings of his own name and was directed to Ryan's company.
Why never his? Jeff's ,that is.
Ryan paid for the clicks/hits of Jeff's name to be directed to him.

Now-say Walmart did that for everytime someone typed in Target, What cha think would happen?
Think it's ok for that to happen?

I don't. A lot of peoples see a problem with that.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 AM

You don't have to do any research for me. I just think Jeff is over-exaggerating. I could be wrong. But there are NO GOOGLE ads on Ryan's site. There were never any google ads on his site. His clientele is too big where they would think that would be tacky to put them up there. Jeff claims that there was a link that had Jeff's name on it but no contact information. I can see where he could get his panties in a bunch about that. But maybe Ryan was trying to communicate that people could see his designs on the hit Bravo show with Jeff Lewis. We don't really know what happened because we hear bits and pieces of the coversation and not the whole thing. Jeff is hurting financially and Ryan isn't so that is the main problem.

Walmart embedes target on its search engine it does. I own and operate a site that sells goods so I know this is very common. If you did a search for target I'm sure Walmart or some other shopping centers would come up too. There is nothing illegal about it.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:58 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,069 times
I do web development for a living, not search engine marketing. So I may have the terms incorrect, but my analogy still holds. If they replay the show, I will look at the screens a little closer.

I am however, pretty sure that they were referring to pay for placement type ads. I'm not referring to meta-tags. I'm referring to paid for advertising.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV