Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
As for Ryan and that crazed out couple I would have left them where they were standing...

Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Maybe someone can explain this to me because it went over my head but were Fredrik and Ryan making deals with the sellers before they actually came to a final price from the buyer?

Did Michael trick Fredrik or was it the other way around?

It just went by me so quickly
Fredrik's client said he'd only go as high as $2.9 million, but made a first offer of $2.6.
Fredrik presented the $2.6 offer to Michael. Michael presented Fredrik's client's offer to his boss (Holly?) and she said she wouldn't take anything below $2.8 million. So Michael countered Fredrik's client's offer back with at $2.9. We hear Fredrik's thoughts that he thinks Michael is bluffing. Fredrik told his client of the $2.9 counter and he also told his client he thought he could get it for less. Fredrik's client said ok. Fredrik went back to Michael and said $2.8. A few "poker face" glances are shared then Michael says how 'bout we split the difference and go $2.85. Fredrik questions Michael's authority to negotiate that offer without talking to Micheal's client first. Micheal verifies he knows what he's doing. Fredrik accepts the $2.85 offer after Micahel squirm a little. (I'm not exactly certain of how the squirming part went 'cause I FF through it).

Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Fredrik is so creepy to me. Plus he wears an awful lot of make-up. I just don't get good vibes from this dude.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I don't like Fredrik at all. I do think he is good at what he does for a job, but he is creepy and underhanded and I think he would stoop to anything to get what he wants.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I don't like Fredrik at all. I do think he is good at what he does for a job, but he is creepy and underhanded and I think he would stoop to anything to get what he wants.
I have meet plenty of people that work for commission that will stoop to lows to get a sale including car salesmen and realtor. The difference is that Fredik's tactics are broadcast on national TV. If I was a buyer, I'd hire him as my agent. He plays the game very well.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I have meet plenty of people that work for commission that will stoop to lows to get a sale including car salesmen and realtor. The difference is that Fredik's tactics are broadcast on national TV. If I was a buyer, I'd hire him as my agent. He plays the game very well.
We see him playing psychological games over price with experienced brokers. Off camera, what do you think he would do to a buyer who does not churn property and buys maybe one expensive place every twenty or so years?

If he could get you to buy at a higher price, it's more commission, no? If you let on to him that you were batsh-t about a place, do you honestly think he would get you the best price?

I doubt it. He is ALL about HIM.

I might have him work for a firm I own because he IS good at his business, but on the stipulation that he does not sew dissension among the ranks and that his business dealings are above board no matter how infrequently a buyer/seller churns property.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 PM

Lordy, am I ever slipping. I meant 'sow' in that last post, not 'sew'. What a jerk!

Anyway, I found this in the Times, which refers to the program incidentally, if anyone is interested:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/re...nt&tntemail0=y

It's about the very high end of the market in NYC and how a decade ago a typical Manhattan combination was closer to 3,000 square feet. “Now 6,000 square feet is the new 3,000 square feet,” said Kelly Mack, the president of Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group. “The highest tier of buyers is really looking to create these mini-megamansions in the sky.”

Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
The Centurion on 56th Street: Hmm. 9,000 square feet and such a tiny kitchen.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We see him playing psychological games over price with experienced brokers. Off camera, what do you think he would do to a buyer who does not churn property and buys maybe one expensive place every twenty or so years?

If he could get you to buy at a higher price, it's more commission, no? If you let on to him that you were batsh-t about a place, do you honestly think he would get you the best price?

I doubt it. He is ALL about HIM.

I might have him work for a firm I own because he IS good at his business, but on the stipulation that he does not sew dissension among the ranks and that his business dealings are above board no matter how infrequently a buyer/seller churns property.
I agree he does play games but again there are very few people on commission that don't play their own game. Survival is about who plays it better. In this show that's Fredrik.

You may have a point about having him as a buyer agent but the last show he saved the guy 1k. Again, if you know you are working with a person on commission it's wise to do your own homework on comps, commission, vacancy etc.

Fredrik's games could be the same games Donald Trump played to get to the top.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I agree he does play games but again there are very few people on commission that don't play their own game. Survival is about who plays it better. In this show that's Fredrik.

You may have a point about having him as a buyer agent but the last show he saved the guy 1k. Again, if you know you are working with a person on commission it's wise to do your own homework on comps, commission, vacancy etc.

Fredrik's games could be the same games Donald Trump played to get to the top.
Donald inherited quite a bit from his daddy, so I hear, and learned from following in his footsteps, which is why he is such a dictatorial boor, in my humble opinion.

Trump may have increased the family wealth but he is not a self made man, just his boundless ego is of his own creation.

There are very wealthy people/role models who are not pushy aggressive narcissists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV